• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't look now

Alex

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Instead, the Bucks are about to lose, keep us in 5th place, but bring Chicago within 2 games in the loss column of both Milwaukee and Atlanta.

Hawks win tiebreaker vs Milwaukee and Chicago.  Lose it vs Detroit.  

Game vs Indiana on the final night of the season, may decide the Hawks fate.

Seeing that we still have 2 games vs Cleveland, and that they may be battling Boston for the #1 seed, we're probably not going to get any breaks in April.  Hawks honestly need to win at minimum 3 of their next 4, to be assured to get into the playoffs.  Chicago game next Saturday in Chicago, becomes the biggest game of the season.   Lose that game, and we may be done.

I am cheering for the lottery. Sorry but the talent in the top 15 of this draft is really good. We need a top 15 pick. No need to do a Brooklyn which cost us Devin Booker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am cheering for the lottery. Sorry but the talent in the top 15 of this draft is really good. We need a top 15 pick. No need to do a Brooklyn which cost us Devin Booker.

We will make the playoffs so you better hope for a 16th or 17th or 18th pick cuz lottery won't be happening for us.

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

3 way tie for 5th

Hawks

Pacers

Bucks

That's fine. That means one loss from the Hawks sends them all the way to 7.  Chicago could hopefully jump then as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That's fine. That means one loss from the Hawks sends them all the way to 7.  Chicago could hopefully jump then as well.  

I'm cool with the 6,7,8 seed but I want the playoffs for sure.

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is laughable - 7 straight losses and still 5th, smh.

Welcome to the East....actually scratch that..

WELCOME YO MY HOUSE BABY TAKE CONTROL OF...(singing)...Im going crazy here thanks Hawks!

Still a chance the Hawks manage to miss the playoffs.  A chance, albeit  a small one,  but a chance nonetheless.  Don't think the odds are as low as my boy @Spud2Nique says they are though.

Lets take a look at the remaining schedules for Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, and Indiana.  I am safely putting Milwaukee in at this point.  

Atlanta 39-37 with games against @Nets, Celtics, @Cavaliers, Cavaliers, Hornets, @Pacers

1-5 or 2-4 is a real possibility.

Bulls 37-39

@Pelicans, Knicks, @76ers, @Nets, Magic, Nets

They should at the worst to 5-1 down the stretch. 

Heat 37-39

Nuggets, @Hornets, @Raptors, @Wizards, Cavaliers, Wizards

Toughest schedule remaining, but have been one of the best teams for the last two months.  I could see a split of 3-3 for them.

Pacers 37-39

@Cavaliers, Raptors, Bucks, @Magic, @76ers, Hawks

Tough way to finish, but with two teams that they are battling against on the schedule they can make a case or they can fall to the waste side.  They should win 2.  Could win 3 or 4 just well.  

My guesses are Bulls 42-40, Heat40-42, Hawks 40-42, Pacers 40-42.  Not sure the tie-breakers, but right now I firmly put Mikwaukee and Chicago as 5/6 seeds.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Still a chance the Hawks manage to miss the playoffs.  A chance, albeit  a small one,  but a chance nonetheless.  Don't think the odds are as low as my boy @Spud2Nique says they are though.

Lets take a look at the remaining schedules for Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, and Indiana.  I am safely putting Milwaukee in at this point.  

Atlanta 39-37 with games against @Nets, Celtics, @Cavaliers, Cavaliers, Hornets, @Pacers

1-5 or 2-4 is a real possibility.

Bulls 37-39

@Pelicans, Knicks, @76ers, @Nets, Magic, Nets

They should at the worst to 5-1 down the stretch. 

Heat 37-39

Nuggets, @Hornets, @Raptors, @Wizards, Cavaliers, Wizards

Toughest schedule remaining, but have been one of the best teams for the last two months.  I could see a split of 3-3 for them.

Pacers 37-39

@Cavaliers, Raptors, Bucks, @Magic, @76ers, Hawks

Tough way to finish, but with two teams that they are battling against on the schedule they can make a case or they can fall to the waste side.  They should win 2.  Could win 3 or 4 just well.  

My guesses are Bulls 42-40, Heat40-42, Hawks 40-42, Pacers 40-42.  Not sure the tie-breakers, but right now I firmly put Mikwaukee and Chicago as 5/6 seeds.

I have us finishing at 3-3 to go 42-40 beating the Nets, the Celtics at home (they are playing the Cavs the night before us), and the Hornets at home.

Bulls going 4-2 only losing at the Pelicans and at the Nets to go 41-41.

The Heat going 3-3 losing to the at Raps at Wiz and against Cavs. 40-42

The Pacers going 4-2 losing to at the Cavs and to the Raps to go 41-41.

Also got the Bucks going 3-3 losing at Okc at Indy and at Boston. 43-39.

5. Bucks 43-39

6. Hawks 42-40

7. Bulls 41-41 (tied Pacers conf wins)

8. Pacers 41-41

9. Heat 40-42

I'm guessing Toronto beats the Wizards for 3rd. We might be facing Drake and the Raps in round 1. Also hoping Cavs beat out Celts for 1st so in case we knock out the Raps we would get the winner of Celts/Bulls which I'm guessing could be an upset.

Jjst my take. I also would like the Heat to beat out the Pacers for 8th as I think they can give the Cavs more problems than the Pacers.

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I have us finishing at 3-3 to go 42-40 beating the Nets, the Celtics at home (they are playing the Cavs the night before us), and the Hornets at home.

Bulls going 4-2 only losing at the Pelicans and at the Nets to go 41-41.

The Heat going 3-3 losing to the at Raps at Wiz and against Cavs. 40-42

The Pacers going 4-2 losing to at the Cavs and to the Raps to go 41-41.

Also got the Bucks going 3-3 losing at Okc at Indy and at Boston. 43-39.

5. Bucks 43-39

6. Hawks 42-40

7. Bulls 41-41 (tied Pacers conf wins)

8. Pacers 41-41

9. Heat 40-42

I'm guessing Toronto beats the Wizards for 3rd. We might be facing Drake and the Raps in round 1. Also hoping Cavs beat out Celts for 1st so in case we knock out the Raps we would get the winner of Celts/Bulls which I'm guessing could be an upset.

Jjst my take. I also would like the Heat to beat out the Pacers for 8th as I think they can give the Cavs more problems than the Pacers.

I think the Pacers mad under achieved this season.  Top to bottom I thought by they had a top four roster in the conference.  Never put it all together.  I think they are going to miss out on the playoffs and get used to seeing them in the lottery for a while too.  Especially once they lose Paul George.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think the Pacers mad under achieved this season.  Top to bottom I thought by they had a top four roster in the conference.  Never put it all together.  I think they are going to miss out on the playoffs and get used to seeing them in the lottery for a while too.  Especially once they lose Paul George.

Ya I thought they had a good team. Thought they might finish 4th or 5th. But their bench always looked pretty weak but the starting 5 looked pretty good on paper.

I think the Hawks lose a 3 way tiebreaker in the scenario detailed above unless the one win is Indiana (I then am not sure) and it puts them 9th. The Cavs being in a funk is really the worst case scenario for the Hawks down the stretch, it means that one of my two ugly bad scenarios is pretty likely to happen. I would rather drop out of the playoffs than see Cleveland or Washington early, and I'm being for real. The ugliness of those potential series would not be worth it.

That said, while the previous two games before the last one were ugly, if Millsap comes back and the team plays like yesterday, Milwaukee, and Washington we're not seeing a beat Brooklyn then lose out scenario unless we continue seeing a course correction (regressing to your overall +/-) happen, because games like yesterday and especially Milwaukee were wins early in the year. They will find a way to come alive from the dead again, and have a date with Washington in the first round somehow, ugh...

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Pacers worst offseason loss may have been Vogel. Didn't understand the decision to not bring him back. Got nothing against Nate Mac, and he might be able to get them playing better next season, but Vogel did pretty well with them during the Time when George was down or recovering from the leg break. 

Also agree that the future doesn't look good for the Pacers since it's being reported that George is determined to go to LA after next season. About to have to pay Teague a lot of cheddar, and George having one foot out the door makes for a hard time trying to bring in solid vet help. Future definitely a little iffy for the Pacers.

And George apparently being so deadset on going to LA makes Butler the primary offseason target for the Hawks. maybe would trade something for a year rental of George, but not nearly what I would give up to get Butler.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Pacers worst offseason loss may have been Vogel. Didn't understand the decision to not bring him back. Got nothing against Nate Mac, and he might be able to get them playing better next season, but Vogel did pretty well with them during the Time when George was down or recovering from the leg break. 

Also agree that the future doesn't look good for the Pacers since it's being reported that George is determined to go to LA after next season. About to have to pay Teague a lot of cheddar, and George having one foot out the door makes for a hard time trying to bring in solid vet help. Future definitely a little iffy for the Pacers.

And George apparently being so deadset on going to LA makes Butler the primary offseason target for the Hawks. maybe would trade something for a year rental of George, but not nearly what I would give up to get Butler.

Agreed. I think if they still had Vogel they would be better. Also agree on going after Butler if it doesn't include Prince or our 2017 1st rounder.

Id be willing to do a Baze, Bembry, 2018 1st or maybe a resigned THJ+Bembry+2018+Cavs or minny 1st. That seems like a fair trade for both sides.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Agreed. I think if they still had Vogel they would be better. Also agree on going after Butler if it doesn't include Prince or our 2017 1st rounder.

Id be willing to do a Baze, Bembry, 2018 1st or maybe a resigned THJ+Bembry+2018+Cavs or minny 1st. That seems like a fair trade for both sides.

Bulls fans seem to want nothing less than Wiggins and a top 5 pick for Butler. From the Celtics they want a lot. They aren't even interested in what we have.