• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't look now

Alex

but the Hawks are sliding down the standings.  Currently in the 5 seed position, but only 4.5 games separates them from Miami and Milwaukee as being on the outside.  That lottery pick is creeping closer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I hope we fall to 6th and take on the Wiz or Raps.

We're angling to face Loston in rnd 1.

:Bud: Shhh ... STFU, kg!

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Sure we do.  We believe all the good guys are in the 2nd round!

Y'all make fun of the organization's decisions but then we have half the board clamoring for us to feature Lamar Patterson as if he's an NBA-level player.

32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd probably pick Pistons, Chicago, Indy, Miami, Raps, Celts, Wiz, Cavs in that order for preferred first round matchup.   

I got Pistons, Miami, Indy, Chicago, Wiz, Celts, Raps, Cavs.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I got Pistons, Miami, Indy, Chicago, Wiz, Celts, Raps, Cavs.

I feel like Miami is just going to be a spoiler for someone and i don't think we matchup that well with them.   I don't want to see the Wiz.  I hate them but their main issue is depth.   Wall/Beal/Porter will be crushing us i think.   I'd much rather see the Raps without Lowry

• Like 2

Hawks might not even make it out of the 1st round as currently constructed. So why not shoot for the lottery? You know what most consecutive years of playoff appearances in the East is? Embarrassing, if it doesn't include a single Finals appearance.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I feel like Miami is just going to be a spoiler for someone and i don't think we matchup that well with them.   I don't want to see the Wiz.  I hate them but their main issue is depth.   Wall/Beal/Porter will be crushing us i think.   I'd much rather see the Raps without Lowry

Raps with no Lowry heck ya. Forgot he was out. Yup Wiz have no bench but might not need it against us. 

Im not sold on Miami. I just don't see them winning 4 games to close out a series. 

Kind of afraid of the Bulls though with  veteran Wade and Butler. They might be trouble in the playoffs.

I don't wanna play the Pistons or Heat - these young teams that don't give a damn gives us trouble and I don't trust these Hawks against them.

Anybody but the Cavs.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't wanna play the Pistons or Heat - these young teams that don't give a damn gives us trouble and I don't trust these Hawks against them.

Anybody but the Cavs.

Really? Hmm..I do understand what you mean by don't give a damn, but I don't think don't give a damn wins out in a playoff series. I think the Heat and Pistons would lose to us. 

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Raps with no Lowry heck ya. Forgot he was out. Yup Wiz have no bench but might not need it against us. 

Im not sold on Miami. I just don't see them winning 4 games to close out a series. 

Kind of afraid of the Bulls though with  veteran Wade and Butler. They might be trouble in the playoffs.

Miami is 19 - 4 in their last 23 games.   If they continue to win at that clip, the Heat will end up with 45 wins.  That may be good enough to get them the 5th seed.

For the Hawks to win 45 games, we have to go 11 - 8 the rest of the way.  Doesn't sound like much, but we're 10 - 11 in our last 21 games, with 7 losses by 15 or more points.

The Hawks are going to be an easy out in the 1st round, if they don't right this ship.  Miami could easily win a series vs Washington or Toronto . . . and against us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Really? Hmm..I do understand what you mean by don't give a damn, but I don't think don't give a damn wins out in a playoff series. I think the Heat and Pistons would lose to us. 

Have we beaten them this season? I know playoffs...different....all that....but we have not been playing well at all and more so there is no consistency with this team. I don't TRUST this team. World beaters one game, dumpster fire the next.  There is no 'it's the playoff let's turn on the switch' with this team.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Have we beaten them this season? I know playoffs...different....all that....but we have not been playing well at all and more so there is no consistency with this team. I don't TRUST this team. World beaters one game, dumpster fire the next.  There is no 'it's the playoff let's turn on the switch' with this team.

Yup. Can't argue with the truth. We might not have a playoff gear. We might be screwed.