• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So worst case scenario Horford and Teague were worth 5 extra wins......lol

HawkItus

"You can't jus' look at the win total and stats .. bwah, Horford really opens up the offense ... blah, defensively ...  bwah, blah, byah ...BBIQ ..." - NBAnnaSupes

Although I agree, it's deeper than just looking at the win total, your overall point stands.  They weren't worth the maggs Horford was seeking or the near-maxx Jeff would be due this offseason.

Where the 5+ wins were essentially the ceiling with Alice/Jeff, I think our current win total is the floor going forward.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe a little premature.  Let's get out of the first round first.

Put on your game-face, macd.  It's the playoffs.  Plenty of offseason time to mitch and boan.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"You can't jus' look at the win total and stats .. bwah, Horford really opens up the offense ... blah, defensively ...  bwah, blah, byah ...BBIQ ..." - NBAnnaSupes

Although I agree, it's deeper than just looking at the win total, your overall point stands.  They weren't worth the maggs Horford was seeking or the near-maxx Jeff would be due this offseason.

Where the 5+ wins were essentially the ceiling with Alice/Jeff, I think our current win total is the floor going forward.

Put on your game-face, macd.  It's the playoffs.  Plenty of offseason time to mitch and boan.

I'm optimistic that we have a team of believers now but this season has been unpredictable.   I much prefer it to the predictably boring we had before though.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Not being held down by those two contracts is worth 30 wins in my opinion, solely based on the fact that we had hit our ceiling with them and wouldn't have had flexibility to add anything else.

The fact that we only had 5 less wins, are still in the playoffs, and have some future potential is a much better place to be in.  There are definitely still some kinks with this team but it's good to know we have options to move some guys around, groom some younger guys, and be able to bring in some more talent.

Yeah, there are some .. many among us that welcome that warm, soft feeling of sameness that would've come with sticking with the status quo.

There have certainly been bumps in the road so far, but give me this ride with the possibility that we can enter the playoffs with a modicum of hope that the team won't fold like a cheap suit at the first challenge it faces.

It may be a "tougher" team with the way it looks but this team isn't as mentally tough as last year's team was. At least, they haven't shown it yet. Miracle comebacks do not get replicated in a playoff situation.

The biggest difference is after that awful Nets loss, outside of three quarters on Sunday we have seen a entirely different Hawks team show up. Different from even in the hot start months ago.

Just now, Lurker said:

It may be a "tougher" team with the way it looks but this team isn't as mentally tough as last year's team was. At least, they haven't shown it yet. Miracle comebacks do not get replicated in a playoff situation.

The biggest difference is after that awful Nets loss, outside of three quarters on Sunday we have seen a entirely different Hawks team show up. Different from even in the hot start months ago.

Difference is this is Sap's team.  He doesn't have anybody to defer to.  It is his crew, his rookies, and young vets.  He was always the toughest and most mentally prepared since he got here.  Let's see where he leads us.

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The LA Clippers say you're a liar.

3 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

The fact that we only had 5 less wins, are still in the playoffs, and have some future potential is a much better place to be in.  There are definitely still some kinks with this team but it's good to know we have options to move some guys around, groom some younger guys, and be able to bring in some more talent.

Have both a young starting pg for years to come under contract and a young starting sf for years to come under contract with the bonus of having a guy that stakes his reputation on owning the glass with us. Definitely will take it over the other two. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Have both a young starting pg for years to come under contract and a young starting sf for years to come under contract with the bonus of having a guy that stakes his reputation on owning the glass with us. Definitely will take it over the other two. 

Bazemore is garbage, and Dennis is just ok. You're sound like another homer who overrates our talent. A core of Bazemore, Dennis, and Dwight aint winning squat. We better hope Bud has a master plan here, cause this ain't getting it done. 

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bazemore is garbage, and Dennis is just ok. You're sound like another homer who overrates our talent. A core of Bazemore, Dennis, and Dwight aint winning squat. We better hope Bud has a master plan here, cause this ain't getting it done. 

I may be a homer but I didn't say a damn word about Baze, comprehension boy. Try Prince and we'll see what happens in the playoffs either way.

• Like 2

Well, one thing pretty sure everyone here agrees on is that Baze is a nice utility player that can have some good games but no one here would trust him to handle a starting role anywhere on the floor. No one on the Squawk considers him our starting sf and this site has truly documented that this entire season. As JayBird and others have said before, 15.7 million reasons are the problem with him now. Good as a backup but unfortunately makes very good starter money. As accommodating as I'm willing to get.

• Like 4

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Thomas said:

Well, one thing pretty sure everyone here agrees on is that Baze is a nice utility player that can have some good games but no one here would trust him to handle a starting role anywhere on the floor. No one on the Squawk considers him our starting sf and this site has truly documented that this entire season. As JayBird and others have said before, 15.7 million reasons are the problem with him now. Good as a backup but unfortunately makes very good starter money. As accommodating as I'm willing to get.

I hope somehow Baze's game goes way up but it's hard to understand the reasoning behind signing a SG who's main deficiencies are ball-handling, turnovers, and consistent shooting.   Every team takes on bad contracts at some point but this one definitely makes you concerned about the executive team's decision making.   

• Like 2