• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gortat and Howard

macdaddy

• Moderators

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/17/marcin-gortat-dwight-howard-made-me-who-i-am/

Good article about Gortat's high regard for Howard.   This is just part of the article:

Once the Wizards learned the Atlanta Hawks would be their first-round playoff opponent, Marcin Gortat knew he was in for another jaw-rattling tussle with Dwight Howard.

The two began their thumping dance in 2008, when Gortat was an Orlando Magic rookie, practicing daily alongside then-teammate Howard. At the time, Howard was a 22-year-old freak in his fourth season who used massive shoulders to lead the league in rebounding. Gortat was a 23-year-old Polish import about to learn hard lessons in the NBA.

“One thing I really love about Dwight, is after the game he doesn’t take anything personally,” Gortat said. “And, I’m not going to take anything personally even though he made me bleed every day for the first four years in the NBA. I bleed every day in the practice and I learned to play tough basketball and he made me who I am today.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

Screen assists from Game 1:

Gortat: 7

Howard: 0

Too bad Gortat didn't teach him how to set an effective screen.

A railed against Dwight's inability to set an effective screen since the season started, still a problem.