• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Budenholzer is TRASH!!!

willthepureshooter

I think Bazemore has value just because 41-45% 3PT shooter who is athlete, a good cutter and an excellent off ball defender who communicates well is a good teammate. He's worth his contract even if he's not worth it for us. 3/D players aren't a dime a dozen and 15 million per isn't much with today's NBA contracts. Backup players like Solo Hill and Jon Lurer are getting this type of deal as well as washed up guys like Deng and Mosgov. 

Dwight is washed. His contract is likely stuck with us. New Orleans was the best bet and they traded for Cousins so that's out of the question and Portland now has Nurkic. I think we will be stuck with Dwight for the next two years. We could get a worse contract for him but nothing better. Might as well keep him, he's anti-winning anyway, he will help us tank. 

Sap is a max player. Top 15-25. He's legit but he's not worth it for us. We can't go no where with him as our #1 option. Tim is good but he's not even Bazemore. He his offensive consistency defines his impact. He doesn't really have a role other than a star 6th man unless he really improves his shooting and shot selection as a starter. He's not getting offers of what many here think he will get. He's just not a difference maker as a starter and he doesn't have a role like Bazemore or Carroll. I think he can be signed back for 12-13 mil per. I just don't see any team willing to pay more. Not even Brooklyn. 

4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

No, Dwight shouldn't be in the HOF either.

I think he is a clear cut HOF. But his out of peak performance has been terrible. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

I think Bazemore has value just because 41-45% 3PT shooter who is athlete, a good cutter and an excellent off ball defender who communicates well is a good teammate. He's worth his contract even if he's not worth it for us. 3/D players aren't a dime a dozen and 15 million per isn't much with today's NBA contracts. Backup players like Solo Hill and Jon Lurer are getting this type of deal as well as washed up guys like Deng and Mosgov. 

Dwight is washed. His contract is likely stuck with us. New Orleans was the best bet and they traded for Cousins so that's out of the question and Portland now has Nurkic. I think we will be stuck with Dwight for the next two years. We could get a worse contract for him but nothing better. Might as well keep him, he's anti-winning anyway, he will help us tank. 

Sap is a max player. Top 15-25. He's legit but he's not worth it for us. We can't go no where with him as our #1 option. Tim is good but he's not even Bazemore. He his offensive consistency defines his impact. He doesn't really have a role other than a star 6th man unless he really improves his shooting and shot selection as a starter. He's not getting offers of what many here think he will get. He's just not a difference maker as a starter and he doesn't have a role like Bazemore or Carroll. I think he can be signed back for 12-13 mil per. I just don't see any team willing to pay more. Not even Brooklyn. 

I don;t think Bazemore is worth his contract at all. He isn't a starter at all.

He was better off coming off the bench for 15 minutes per game with hustle and energy. That is what his role should be.

• Like 3

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

I don;t think Bazemore is worth his contract at all. He isn't a starter at all.

He was better off coming off the bench for 15 minutes per game with hustle and energy. That is what his role should be.

I was at the game tonight, his defense is worth a lot in this league. A lot of things he does defensively that is far more impressive in person than on FSN South. That said, offensively, he's a joke for the Hawks. He has no business being a ball handler, a PG or a decision maker of any sort. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was at the game tonight, his defense is worth a lot in this league. A lot of things he does defensively that is far more impressive in person than on FSN South. That said, offensively, he's a joke for the Hawks. He has no business being a ball handler, a PG or a decision maker of any sort. 

I don't know if you can be a defensive role player in this league and get the big pay day. You have to be able to do more. His shot isn't that good.  It's kind of average at his best. Plus, he plays far too out of control and he doesn't seem to be improving in that area. His weaknesses outweigh his strengths.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I don't know if you can be a defensive role player in this league and get the big pay day. You have to be able to do more. His shot isn't that good.  It's kind of average at his best. Plus, he plays far too out of control and he doesn't seem to be improving in that area. His weaknesses outweigh his strengths.

Can you shoot threes and have NBA level athleticism as a wing? If the answer is yes, they are paying players a lot for that.

You are looking at his impact for the Hawks. He's a joke for us. We need all players to contribute to every part of skill for us and he clearly is not capable. He needs to be in a role like Andre Robertson or Trevor Ariza where he has offensive players like Harden who make it possible for him not to create on offense. 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Can you shoot threes and have NBA level athleticism as a wing? If the answer is yes, they are paying players a lot for that.

Baze is only and average shooter though. What good is athleticism at the wing when you can't finish around the rim or handle the ball? He is just far too limited. Even making layups is tough for him.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Baze is only and average shooter though. What good is athleticism at the wing when you can't finish around the rim or handle the ball? He is just far too limited. Even making layups is tough for him.

He's a 3/D player. He doesn't need to do the other stuff if he was in the right situation. In Atlanta, he needs to be an all around player. That is a player he is not. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

He's a 3/D player. He doesn't need to do the other stuff if he was in the right situation. In Atlanta, he needs to be an all around player. That is a player he is not. 

We'll have to disagree. I just don't think his 3pt shot is good enough to keep him as starter on most any team.

• Like 1

We'll have to disagree. I just don't think his 3pt shot is good enough to keep him as starter on most any team.

Have you seen starting SG's and SF's in the NBA? A majority are 3/D players. Clearly teams would love to have a beast like Harden, shooter like Klay or an elite 3/D like Bradley but most don't even have that. 

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Have you seen starting SG's and SF's in the NBA? A majority are 3/D players. Clearly teams would love to have a beast like Harden, shooter like Klay or an elite 3/D like Bradley but most don't even have that. 

Wasn't Houston about the only team that was offering what the Hawks got him before? And he looked like a better prospect last year.

I agree with with Teague and Horford leaving it left this team with too few passers and ball handlers and so it forced Kent to do things that he really isn't cut out to do. But even though Kent had an ok year last year, I don't think most wanted him for the price that the Hawks ended up keeping him with.

4 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Wasn't Houston about the only team that was offering what the Hawks got him before? And he looked like a better prospect last year.

I agree with with Teague and Horford leaving it left this team with too few passers and ball handlers and so it forced Kent to do things that he really isn't cut out to do. But even though Kent had an ok year last year, I don't think most wanted him for the price that the Hawks ended up keeping him with.

A number of teams offered. Houston and Atlanta were the teams he narrowed it down to

No matter what we may or may not want, thinking Bud keeps Baze moving forward. Its true that his ball skills really won't improve much if at all since he turns twenty eight this summer but somehow he is a pet of Bud's. Bud has always stressed defense first and I'm sure he loves hustle but we have some horrendous perimeter scoring issues mucking it up right now and its going to be hard to improve dramatically. Will be interesting to see how Bud overcomes the price of that contract this offseason, or if he can overcome it.  

Hate to say this because I am a fan of his though it may not have sounded like it lately but as horrible as our perimeter scoring is it feels like the biggest reason for this loss is on Bud. Last night he killed what late chance we had. Not letting Baze off the hook here or anything but to me Bud hasn't improved since coming here and may have gotten worse. Some is stubbornness but a lot is decision making. Its not year one of his contract anymore so developing players is not near enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NERMAN said:

Then why bring Dwight here in the first place???

Flashback to the playoffs last year where we were abused on the boards by Tristan. He also planned on keeping Al as a PF. Al nipped that one in the Bud. Was Bud's strategy anyway, but it didn't happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Flashback to the playoffs last year where we were abused on the boards by Tristan. He also planned on keeping Al as a PF. Al nipped that one in the Bud. Was Bud's strategy anyway, but it didn't happen.

I still don't know what line-up we would have been running if Al had stayed though.  Howard off the bench?

1 minute ago, NERMAN said:

I still don't know what line-up we would have been running if Al had stayed though.  Howard off the bench?

Dwight = C and Al = PF, both starting. That was Bud's plan.

• Like 3