Budenholzer is TRASH!!!

willthepureshooter

I can care less about how anyone feels about this post. His rotations are beyond ridiculous, and allowing Bazemore to repeatedly squander our lead should be enough justification for demotion. He needs to focus 100% of his time on coaching and development. Watching Prince on the bench during the final 3 minutes of the quarter made my blood boil. And Dwight needs his butt kicked! Dudes soft!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I can care less about how anyone feels about this post. His rotations are beyond ridiculous, and allowing Bazemore to repeatedly squander our lead should be enough justification for demotion. He needs to focus 100% of his time on coaching and development. Watching Prince on the bench during the final 3 minutes of the quarter made my blood boil. And Dwight needs his butt kicked! Dudes soft!

As to the bolded: maybe for another team. Retarded coaching decisions in this one. Just inexplicable. And he can take Baze with him.

Edited by LamarHampton

Baze is playing for one reason and one reason only, it's because Bud handed him $70,000,000 dollars and he has to try to rationalize his terrible investment. He cant handle the ball, he cant finish at the rim, and even his jump shot runs hot and cold. He's a bench 3 and D you pay a couple million a year at best.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willthepureshooter said:

Yeah, not everybody is cut out for the job. Doc and SVG sucks at it.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Baze is playing for one reason and one reason only, it's because Bud handed him $70,000,000 dollars and he has to try to rationalize his terrible investment. He cant handle the ball, he cant finish at the rim, and even his jump shot runs hot and cold. He's a bench 3 and D you pay a couple million a year at best.

Its not that he is playing...Its how bud is using him!!!!!   Baze at point guard??????  Baze as the primary ball handler in the final 3 minutes of a close game??????  Baze was at point even when Wall was on the bench!  Wtf was that????   And the Moose love in this game when it was clear moose was off but yet he gets more minutes this game than when he played well in the 1st game????  Millsap at center and Prince at power forward against Gortat and Morris during the critical minutes of the 4th??  Y'all can keep your In Bud we trust BS...Bud has been exposed!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its not that he is playing...Its how bud is using him!!!!!   Baze at point guard??????  Baze as the primary ball handler in the final 3 minutes of a close game??????  Baze was at point even when Wall was on the bench!  Wtf was that????   And the Moose love in this game when it was clear moose was off but yet he gets more minutes this game than when he played well in the 1st game????  Millsap at center and Prince at power forward against Gortat and Morris during the critical minutes of the 4th??  Y'all can keep your In Bud we trust BS...Bud has been exposed!

I was at the game, I have to defend Bud just a bit. Dennis was assed out tired. He needed a rest. Calderon was getting smoked out there. Bazemore was playing great defensively and Bud was thinking he would just pass the rock but he didn't. He got ripped like a sucka from Beal and made a bad decision a play before that. 

Bud hands were tied. He needed to rest both Moose and Dennis. I can't hate on Bud on this one. His personnel is just ass. But GM Bud, he's an idiot. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Swear y'all need to look deeper into context.

When Howard was in, he lost the battle of the boards fundamentally against Gortat. There was multiple times in which the Hawks DID get a stop, but Gortat just tapped it out due to Howard not boxing out and YES, these happened with others at C, but it happened at least 3 times with Howard. There was also another time in which he simply got outhustled after the defensive stops. These things simply can't happen with a bad offensive team.

If Howard's PNR defense doesn't matter, he sure as heck has to be much better on the boards.

The starting lineup with Howard is a comical -35.3.

• Like 1

Dennis can't play the full game. He was probably gone back to a couple possessions late though and made a mistake after it, then was weirdly passive other than one play.

How does that kind of athletic dunk (although it wasn't dunking on someone) not turn momentum?

That came out of him at a bad time. For a stretch (although he went back to bad for a while when Millsap was hurt), when he wasn't handling and playing well, he'd simply just disappear. And he disappeared.

He didn't have a good shooting percentage, but he mostly controlled the game for three quarters. Kept the pace from getting away from the team.

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was at the game, I have to defend Bud just a bit. Dennis was assed out tired. He needed a rest. Calderon was getting smoked out there. Bazemore was playing great defensively and Bud was thinking he would just pass the rock but he didn't. He got ripped like a sucka from Beal and made a bad decision a play before that. 

Bud hands were tied. He needed to rest both Moose and Dennis. I can't hate on Bud on this one. His personnel is just ass. But GM Bud, he's an idiot. 

LMAO @ can't hate on Bud.  Anytime you're sitting your starting center, in favor of guys who aren't doing anything on the floor, the hate HAS to come his way.   Dwight definitely has to play better, but he shouldn't be benched in favor of those scrubs.  Don't be surprised if Dwight says something "controversial" tomorrow regarding his playing time, or how he's being used.

And I know people don't like Humphries, but Humphries is a much more effective player against a real center like Gortat, than Moose will ever be.  He should be the 2nd big off the bench, after Ersan . . . not Moose.

Bud relies too much on his so-called offensive players bailing him out, when defense is what will win games for the Hawks.

Having said that, I'm still not worried about this series yet.  Washington did what they were supposed to do, and that's hold homecourt.  Hawks have played like garbage for 2 games, and still came close to winning both of them.

The only thing of concern, is that this team have flat out laid eggs at home during the regular season.  But they played better in their last few home games.  It's definitely not panic time yet.  Let's see what they do in Game 3, and if Bud can make the proper adjustments.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO @ can't hate on Bud.  Anytime you're sitting your starting center, in favor of guys who aren't doing anything on the floor, the hate HAS to come his way.   Dwight definitely has to play better, but he shouldn't be benched in favor of those scrubs.  Don't be surprised if Dwight says something "controversial" tomorrow regarding his playing time, or how he's being used.

And I know people don't like Humphries, but Humphries is a much more effective player against a real center like Gortat, than Moose will ever be.  He should be the 2nd big off the bench, after Ersan . . . not Moose.

Bud relies too much on his so-called offensive players bailing him out, when defense is what will win games for the Hawks.

Having said that, I'm still not worried about this series yet.  Washington did what they were supposed to do, and that's hold homecourt.  Hawks have played like garbage for 2 games, and still came close to winning both of them.

The only thing of concern, is that this team have flat out laid eggs at home during the regular season.  But they played better in their last few home games.  It's definitely not panic time yet.  Let's see what they do in Game 3, and if Bud can make the proper adjustments.

This team played like crap because this is a bad team. They lost and endless number of games via blow out, and they had a negative point differential for the season. This is perhaps the least talented team since before JJ got here. Well, maybe since the 2005-2006 team.

This team not only lacks talent, but the players don't cover each others weaknesses at all.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dwight is trash and the worst Hawk I've seen in ages. I don't even know why you are hard to seeing that. I literally watched him do EVERYTHING wrong you can do wrong and you are busy singing his praises for no reason. He was a negative the entire time tonight. Bud had zero reason to play him in the 4th. I can even find something good to say about Dwight's performance tonight. He was terrible. That's the nice PG version of it as well. 

I can't speak on Hump, he wasn't good the last time I've seen him even though I didn't see him at all tonight. That small ball lineup was the best lineup we had by a country mile but Gortat kinda kills it when they do the PnR. 

Calderon was a problem tonight, he's should not be in the rotation. Ersan was sound on defense but offensively, I just don't see the player I saw at the end of the season v. Cleveland, Boston and others. 

Overall, the personnel just isn't that good. Dennis, Prince, Bazemore on defense, Moose's effort and PnR defense and Millsap are all this team has. We are simply overmatched. 

4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

This team played like crap because this is a bad team. They lost and endless number of games via blow out, and they had a negative point differential for the season. This is perhaps the least talented team since before JJ got here. Well, maybe since the 2005-2006 team.

This team not only lacks talent, but the players don't cover each others weaknesses at all.

This. This team overachieved mainly due to the bench which will get overpaid from other teams this off-season. This team is below average and without Sap, this team is horrendous. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dwight is trash and the worst Hawk I've seen in ages. I don't even know why you are hard to seeing that. I literally watched him do EVERYTHING wrong you can do wrong and you are busy singing his praises for no reason. He was a negative the entire time tonight. Bud had zero reason to play him in the 4th. I can even find something good to say about Dwight's performance tonight. He was terrible. That's the nice PG version of it as well. 

I can't speak on Hump, he wasn't good the last time I've seen him even though I didn't see him at all tonight. That small ball lineup was the best lineup we had by a country mile but Gortat kinda kills it when they do the PnR. 

Calderon was a problem tonight, he's should not be in the rotation. Ersan was sound on defense but offensively, I just don't see the player I saw at the end of the season v. Cleveland, Boston and others. 

Overall, the personnel just isn't that good. Dennis, Prince, Bazemore on defense, Moose's effort and PnR defense and Millsap are all this team has. We are simply overmatched. 

This. This team overachieved mainly due to the bench which will get overpaid from other teams this off-season. This team is below average and without Sap, this team is horrendous. 

If I'm Sap, I refuse to resign unless roster upgrades are made. I don't know if that can be done with both Baze and Howard on the roster. I think Howard would be more tradeable after next year because you can usually trade players on the last year of their contract. If Howard had the right mindset it would accept being a role player on the bench, but you can't bench him at his price tag.

I'm going to give Dwight credit and so he is not a complete dummy and so he has to know that he is not the player in ways 8 years ago. He came here to have his ego stroked... We all knew this would happen when he signed with Houston. We knew that one day he would sign here when he was passed his prime and the rest of the league was through with him. Well, that's just what happened. He know his best days are gone, but he wanted to be treated like a star and he thought the hometown Hawks would be his best bet. It's never really been about winning for him. Basketball was a way to make a lot of money to feed his lifestyle. He never had the drive to be great and that is why he never developed anything that didn't require a lot of athleticism. 

• Like 1