• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Budenholzer is TRASH!!!

willthepureshooter

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was going to trade Sap to PHX or DEN

OK, I get that and your right.  Thanks guys.  Millsap wouldn't have been here.  

But let's say it's Dwight and Al instead of Dwight and Paul...do you still not play Dwight in the 4th quarter of a game 2 playoff?  So it would have been Moose and Al finishing the game?  I just can't stand the lack of direction and consistency from front office Bud.  

• Moderators

Here are the wings that Bud will probably spend over $30M for next season:

THJr 3.8 PER, -0.1 WS/48, FG% 28%, 3pt% 20%, 6 turnovers (hey, at least it is better than his 26.9% last year!)

Baze 9.0 PER, 0.012 WS/48,FG% 40%, 3pt% 33%, 5 turnovers

:bad:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

If I'm Sap, I refuse to resign unless roster upgrades are made. I don't know if that can be done with both Baze and Howard on the roster. I think Howard would be more tradeable after next year because you can usually trade players on the last year of their contract. If Howard had the right mindset it would accept being a role player on the bench, but you can't bench him at his price tag.

I'm going to give Dwight credit and so he is not a complete dummy and so he has to know that he is not the player in ways 8 years ago. He came here to have his ego stroked... We all knew this would happen when he signed with Houston. We knew that one day he would sign here when he was passed his prime and the rest of the league was through with him. Well, that's just what happened. He know his best days are gone, but he wanted to be treated like a star and he thought the hometown Hawks would be his best bet. It's never really been about winning for him. Basketball was a way to make a lot of money to feed his lifestyle. He never had the drive to be great and that is why he never developed anything that didn't require a lot of athleticism. 

Can we amnesty Bazemore? We have to clear cap space.

4 minutes ago, NERMAN said:

OK, I get that and your right.  Thanks guys.  Millsap wouldn't have been here.  

But let's say it's Dwight and Al instead of Dwight and Paul...do you still not play Dwight in the 4th quarter of a game 2 playoff?  So it would have been Moose and Al finishing the game?  I just can't stand the lack of direction and consistency from front office Bud.  

To me Dwight is washed but he would have been more effective next to Al than Sap. Al does a lot more that would help Dwight but Dwight isn't the player he was  two years ago in HOU. He's washed. He wouldn't have been effective with Al either. Both are offensively average and at times worse than average. 

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Can you shoot threes and have NBA level athleticism as a wing? If the answer is yes, they are paying players a lot for that.

You are looking at his impact for the Hawks. He's a joke for us. We need all players to contribute to every part of skill for us and he clearly is not capable. He needs to be in a role like Andre Robertson or Trevor Ariza where he has offensive players like Harden who make it possible for him not to create on offense. 

Well I hope he is as valuable as you say he is, should be pretty easy to trade him this offseason if so. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Can we amnesty Bazemore? We have to clear cap space.

@bleachkit

No. The new CBA does not include an amnesty provision.

He can be released outright and use the stretch provision on him but that is highly UNLIKELY. We would take the remaining money and years on his contract (3yrs) muliply it by 2, add 1 year to give you 7 years. Divide the remaining salary ($54.1 million :bad:) by 7 years, so his cap hit against our salary will be $7.7 million for the next 7 years.  

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@bleachkit

No. The new CBA does not include an amnesty provision.

He can be released outright and use the stretch provision on him but that is highly UNLIKELY. We would take the remaining money and years on his contract (3yrs) muliply it by 2, add 1 year to give you 7 years. Divide the remaining salary ($54.1 million :bad:) by 7 years, so his cap hit against our salary will be $7.7 million for the next 7 years.  

We jus' gotta hope Kenny will take him in BKN.  Truth be told, Kenny might be finna max out Timmay.  I hope, for our sake, they go after Waiters instead.

3 hours ago, JSmooooove said:

Well I hope he is as valuable as you say he is, should be pretty easy to trade him this offseason if so. 

It should be easy to move him, it's value that I question. I would like value for him. I don't know about that.

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We jus' gotta hope Kenny will take him in BKN.  Truth be told, Kenny might be finna max out Timmay.  I hope, for our sake, they go after Waiters instead.

Bismack Biyombo parlayed one awesome 20+ rebound playoff game into a massive contract. The opposite should also be true - suck in the playoffs, no big payday - looking at you Tim and Paul.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It should be easy to move him, it's value that I question. I would like value for him. I don't know about that.

If we are resigning Tim, we take what we get - forget value.

Can't have both Baze and Tim at such a high percentage of the cap.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bismack Biyombo parlayed one awesome 20+ rebound playoff game into a massive contract. The opposite should also be true - suck in the playoffs, no big payday - looking at you Tim and Paul.

Paul's earned his bankroll, Tim on the other hand proves what @AHF been saying is that he hasn't shown his a potential starting SG, he has potential but has to be in the right role

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

3 and D guys aren't a dime a dozen

Again, can't have such a high percentage of the cap tied up in 2 underperforming guys, which limits how we upgrade the rest of the roster.

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again, can't have such a high percentage of the cap tied up in 2 underperforming guys, which limits how we upgrade the rest of the roster.

The biggest issue with our cap is Dwight and potentially Sap. Dwight 24 million is suppose to be a legit NBA starter. Not Bradley Beal but we should get what a legit starter. The cap has made never all Stars with potential worth at least 23 million. For a role player who can occasionally start, the going rate is what Bazemore got. 

Can't hate on that. The Hawks biggest issue is we lack a legit star or superstar. Sap is a star in a sense but I mean #1 option star or better, a superstar. We lack that. Dennis is paid reasonably well and worth it. 

We don't have one truly bad deal outside of Dwight and that's Bud's fault. Other then that, it's not that bad. It's not like we have someone like Tyson Chandler where his value is worthless. 

Edited by NBASupes

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest issue with our cap is Dwight and potentially Sap. Dwight 24 million is suppose to be a legit NBA starter. Not Bradley Beal but we should get what a legit starter. The cap has made never all Stars with potential worth at least 23 million. For a role player who can occasionally start, the going rate is what Bazemore got. 

Can't hate on that. The Hawks biggest issue is we lack a legit star or superstar. Sap is a star in a sense but I mean #1 option star or better, a superstar. We lack that. Dennis is paid reasonably well and worth it. 

We don't have one truly bad deal outside of Dwight and that's Bud's fault. Other then that, it's not that bad. It's not like we have someone like Tyson Chandler where his value is worthless. 

If a role player that can start occasionally is making $16 million, a starting center making $7 million more is your problem. You have it reversed if you are using going rate in the conjunction with current cap.

Centers traditionally make more money - see Biyombo, Noah, Mozgov etc.

14 hours ago, Thomas said:

Dwight = C and Al = PF, both starting. That was Bud's plan.

13 hours ago, NERMAN said:

Millsap = SF?

Koonin flat out said on an interview on 929 a few months back that the was the plan. D8=C, Whore=PF, Sap=SF. No hesitation. No stuttering or anything resembling spin. Flat out said that was the plan. If I was techie I would go dig it up, but he said it. Straight from the horse's mouth. until I see or hear anything different that is better evidence, I gotta take the man at his word.

Then Karl Mal.... Er, Alice screwed that plan up and now both the Hawks and the C's are floundering. Thanks, dickhead.

and to be honest, I would have liked to see that. Maybe it would've worked, maybe not. But I would love to see it just to know.

especially since it also would mean that Baze would be playing in Houston right now. It's fun to dream sometimes.....

• Like 2