• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thanks Wes

benhillboy

• Moderators

On my survey, this is the #1 item for me this summer as well.  Whether we demote Wes or let him go doesn't matter (and I would guess he would be interested in staying around as an assistant GM which would be fine with me), we need a real GM in place.

• Like 4

Agreed about Wes - though there will always be a part of me that thinks the Dwight signing was much more of a management/ownership thing for marketing reasons rather than Budcox wanting him. Though I do actually think Budcox did pretty well in the draft with Prince and Bembry. Think Prince will be a starter for a long time (maybe not an allstar, but we'll see) and Bembry will be a serviceable role player off the bench.

Fwiw I remember hearing/reading that it was Bud, not Wes, around the deadline that refused to trade away Sap for assets. bud vetoed the quick rebuild idea, not Wes. Was a rumor that I saw on Hoopshype so take with a grain of salt.

and Bud went to meet with Dwight on two different occasions to try to get him to come here.

so not sure our current situation is all on Wes, but I get it. 

Still developing concerns about Bud and actual coaching decisions, ie rotations, and perhaps player development as well. Haven't seen as much about our player development since Quinn and Kenny left. Beginning to wonder if it's just a string of bad luck or growing pains, or if we've been hoodwinked.

honestly, I wouldn't mind a big shake up. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I can't wait until next weekend.  Some of you are going to be heartbroken that we'll be 1 game away from advancing to the 2nd round.

I don't know really know who you are but I love it!!! ;-)

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, AHF said:

On my survey, this is the #1 item for me this summer as well.  Whether we demote Wes or let him go doesn't matter (and I would guess he would be interested in staying around as an assistant GM which would be fine with me), we need a real GM in place.

Pursuing some new assistant coaches should be high on the agenda as well.

• Like 1

It'd go against the history of this season and what I saw, but this series might get tied up, that's probably as far as it goes.

Washington is good, but they are not a 1-2 seed or a LeBron team. It's probably going to be like that 12/13 Pacers series.

It'd go against recent history for this to be a sweep so it probably will not be but from what I saw this team just doesn't have a chance in DC even if it doesn't end up being a blowout. It had a realistic chance, even more realistic than from what I saw in game one the last game but it froze in crunch time.

So I say this team gets two straight wins then loses two straight close games for the season to be over and the "tough big men" continue to play no role in this series.

• 2 weeks later...

I see you Bud.  Hit me up for any more suggestions.  Don't hire anybody until they thoroughly demonstrate that they can make Wes' awful mistakes of this past summer vanish into thin air.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1