• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you believe the Hawks would do the same offer for Jimmy Butler?

JTB

That Paul George offer that included a massive offering of 4 1st round draft picks from our Hawks was pretty ridiculous for a player we would have had only for a year and half therefore I'm happy it didn't go through. Some say the pacers pulled back and was never really considering it but I highly doubt it! I bet it was the Hawks who pulled out of such a crazy offer knowing for a fact they couldn't have resigned Paul George next off season and would have been the nets all over again.

Moving forward i was wondering if the same offer was offered to the bulls and if it wasn't will it be this summer???? The difference here is that butler who isn't a better offensive player but just as talented defensively as Paul George has more years left on his contract. Therefore knowing that butler has more years left, would such a deal similar to what was offered to the pacers be smart to offer to the bulls for butler?

What do you think Squawk?

• Admin

I guess it depends if we are starting over or are going to try to stay competitive... I am sure it will include other assets like Prince ... we were trying to make deals at the deadline so if we are trying to remain competitive then I don't see why we wouldn't again now try to make one of These deals.

I would offer Bembry, Baze, 2017 1st (19th), 2018 Minny pick (1-14 protected), and Cavs 2019 pick (1-10) protected for Butler but the Bulls might get better offers.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

They might make an offer, but have little to offer that's actually desirable.  

Well that depends....now if you ask me, I personally feel like draft picks in the NBA aren't worth a damn even if they are lotto picks sometimes because drafts in the NBA in this day and age or in this era particularly are horrible. We rarely get strong drafts in the NBA now.

however at the same time I think 4 1st round draft picks in the upcoming years is something to definitely look into if it's for your star player that isn't happy or is looking for a change or may be holding your franchise back (not that any of that relates to jimmy butler)...just saying, you're getting something back with the draft picks that can be used in trades or just rebuilding cause 9 times out of 10 you aren't going to ever see a star for star trade happen.

Therefore receiving draft picks of 4 first rounders including your own picks you already have can then be very intriguing for your star player.

3 hours ago, JTB said:

That Paul George offer that included a massive offering of 4 1st round draft picks from our Hawks was pretty ridiculous for a player we would have had only for a year and half therefore I'm happy it didn't go through. Some say the pacers pulled back and was never really considering it but I highly doubt it! I bet it was the Hawks who pulled out of such a crazy offer knowing for a fact they couldn't have resigned Paul George next off season and would have been the nets all over again.

Moving forward i was wondering if the same offer was offered to the bulls and if it wasn't will it be this summer???? The difference here is that butler who isn't a better offensive player but just as talented defensively as Paul George has more years left on his contract. Therefore knowing that butler has more years left, would such a deal similar to what was offered to the pacers be smart to offer to the bulls for butler?

What do you think Squawk?

The problem with the report is the Hawks were at/over the cap all year and so any deal for Paul George would have required Indy to take back over $13 million in Salary. Looking at last year's roster, only one player comes to mind...Baze.  They probably didn't balk at the 4 picks part of the trade, they probably balked at what they had to take back. Which is why it was a full 4 picks.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I would offer Bembry, Baze, 2017 1st (19th), 2018 Minny pick (1-14 protected), and Cavs 2019 pick (1-10) protected for Butler but the Bulls might get better offers.

Talk about a treadmill team.  How in hell would you build your team without draft picks?

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Talk about a treadmill team.  How in hell would you build your team without draft picks?

Sometimes you gotta pay to get a star, specially in Atlanta and you know it so don't play.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

@macdaddy's department...

Anything that brings Butler here is worth it pretty much.   If he could be had for 4 1st rounders, Baze and Bembry then hell yes i do that all day long.    Butler/Sap is our best chance at a title.  If we can hang onto Dennis then we are in great shape but if not wouldn't it still be worth it to have a real 2-way star on the team?   

There are several packages that would give the Bulls a huge rebuilding haul and give us a star to go along with Sap and Dwight.  

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Funny how everyone has different opinions on draft picks and trades. I was actually thinking there is no way the Bulls would listen to that offer (Bembry, Baze, 2017 1st (19th), 2018 Minny pick (1-14 protected), and Cavs 2019 pick (1-10) protected for Butler). Three late first round picks, a negative in Baze and an unproven rookie that can't shoot for one of the younger all-stars in the league that plays one of the highest demanded positions? I would laugh at that offer and hang up the phone if I was Garpax. Would do that deal in a heartbeat if I was the Hawks.

Edited by Bankingitbig
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Funny how everyone has different opinions on draft picks and trades. I was actually thinking there is no way the Bulls would listen to that offer (Bembry, Baze, 2017 1st (19th), 2018 Minny pick (1-14 protected), and Cavs 2019 pick (1-10) protected for Butler). Three late first round picks, a negative in Baze and an unproven rookie that can't shoot for one of the younger all-stars in the league that plays one of the highest demanded positions? I would laugh at that offer and hang up the phone if I was Garpax. Would do that deal in a heartbeat if I was the Hawks.

What has Butler done to deserve such value?

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Become arguably one of the top-5 two way wings in the league on one of the best contracts with two more seasons left on it. How does three late first round crapshoot picks deserve so much value? Bembry hasn't done much to deserve too much value and watching how teams defend players that can't shoot in the playoffs certainly doesn't help his value. Then factor in trying to offset the negative that Baze provides.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think the bigger question is what's the value of four mid-to-late 1st round draft picks in the NBA?  At least Butler is a known commodity.  There seems to be a lot of disagreement in this conversation about the value of those (or any) late picks. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Become arguably one of the top-5 two way wings in the league on one of the best contracts with two more seasons left on it. How does three late first round crapshoot picks deserve so much value? Bembry hasn't done much to deserve too much value and watching how teams defend players that can't shoot in the playoffs certainly doesn't help his value. Then factor in trying to offset the negative that Baze provides.

What has he won?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think the bigger question is what's the value of four mid-to-late 1st round draft picks in the NBA?  At least Butler is a known commodity.  There seems to be a lot of disagreement in this conversation about the value of those (or any) late picks. 

Butler was the 30th pick in 2011.

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

What has Paul George won?   I mean Butler has been on some crappy teams that Thibs drove like crazy to be respectable.    You can't fault him for that.   

So our team is better?