• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do you feel about yet another Spur being unloaded on us?

JTB

11 hours ago, terrellgroup said:

How much a player is getting paid , has nothing to do with being legitimate starter. Howard maybe here another year or so, but he is definitely not the future.

The Hawks future is Dennis and prince, at least for right now.

If we do resign Sap, he is still not your future. Milsap is your right now, hell isnt he like 30 plus.

Like I said in my post, about me being a GM and what I would do.

If you resign Sap you better have a legit 2 guard to sign with him , like a trade for Derozan , or Butler. If you not seriously upgrading the 2 position, why resign him? That makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume Bud's and Ressler's way of thinking is Dennis, Hardaway and Prince can be their Big 3 while Millsap gradually falls back to his natural 3rd option role. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alex said:

I just don't see Schlenk willing to part ways with draft picks.  I guess only time will tell, but based on his comments I just don't see him wanting to trade away picks right now.  I suppose that begs the question as to what is more important to him?  His draft picks or being able to cut bait with one or two bad contracts presumably Dwight and Bazemore.

He may have to use the Stretch Provision on Dwight. I think he could move Bazemore with a pick or in exchange for a bad contract. I definitely don't see him trading picks. Only way I could see it happening is if it was a situation like LeBron returning to CLE where CLE FO traded Jack, Zeller and a pick to clear space for LeBron to sign. 

• Like 1

Unless Schlenk pulls off a Ferry level trade don't see Sap and Tim on our roster together next season. Hoping for a trade of Baze and/or Dwight is one thing but its a lot to expect right off the bat from Schlenk. Still hoping Tim ends up replacing Baze as a somewhat lesser expense of a contract but hedging my expectations.

• Like 3

Unless Schlenk pulls off a Ferry level trade don't see Sap and Tim on our roster together next season. Hoping for a trade of Baze and/or Dwight is one thing but its a lot to expect right off the bat from Schlenk. Still hoping Tim ends up replacing Baze as a somewhat lesser expense of a contract but hedging my expectations.

Thomas , I agree with you

14 hours ago, hazer said:

Again, Yes-Way-Jose is the PERFECT Hawks backup PG. Especially since daFro can 3rd string it.

If only he wasn't 36.  

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If only he wasn't 36.  

If he shaved his monkey face he'd probably still get carded to buy alcohol. He's in line to become the first NBA player to ever die from apparent starvation as well... someone get that man a big mac or something. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If only he wasn't 36.  

Pretty much why I want him as one of the three listed points in addition to Bembry possibly helping out there and Jose not being the dead set second point guard. Can run the offense but if his shot is not on then his defense will hurt the plus/minus so see him as a part of our rotation and a teacher as well but not consistently getting twenty minutes every game. As always, I don't see Bud pulling the trigger for Bembry to be the second point though it would be interesting but we have a few possibilities anyway.

Pretty much why I want him as one of the three listed points in addition to Bembry possibly helping out there and Jose not being the dead set second point guard. Can run the offense but if his shot is not on then his defense will hurt the plus/minus so see him as a part of our rotation and a teacher as well but not consistently getting twenty minutes every game. As always, I don't see Bud pulling the trigger for Bembry to be the second point but we have a few possibilities anyway.

Don't you think Bembry should learn how to play point from a big point guard prospective, not by someone whose game is completely different than his?

Playing point isn't Bembry's natural position ya know.

4 minutes ago, terrellgroup said:

Don't you think Bembry should learn how to play point from a big point guard prospective, not by someone whose game is completely different than his?

Playing point isn't Bembry's natural position ya know.

Jose can help anyone run the offense. What Bembry can already do is defend very well against ball handlers. Like his passing as well. Jose came in and ran the offense immediately which surprised me at how quickly he acclimated but suggests he would be good for Dennis and whoever else at point. My main wish really is for Delaney to disappear to make room for Jose or even another vet for some guidance.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/29/2017 at 2:40 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why not try to make a big move on our own?  Because if Paul goes to the Spurs, that's essentially the end of the Clippers.  And if that's the case, why not go after Blake Griffin?   Dump our scrubs off on someone else, and go with a frontline that features Griffin and Millsap.  And if you wanted to keep Howard around, that's fine too.

Patty Mills is solid, but he's not making this team much better than we already are right now.  Would I turn down an opportunity to sign him?  No.

Griffin is not what we need though.  Honestly Griffin was a creation of CP3 and the next team that pays him will be unhappy.   Ala  Rashard Lewis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Griffin is not what we need though.  Honestly Griffin was a creation of CP3 and the next team that pays him will be unhappy.   Ala  Rashard Lewis.

Blake Griffin seems to be on the Melo track...