• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade up or down

I just feel like if the players that we are looking for are possibly between picks 1-16...after that we might get stuck drafting a guy we might not love. In that case, I'd wanna trade down because there are quality players between 30-45 in my opinion. 

Don't get me wrong I've been waiting for a blockbuster trade to get into the top 5 or 7 in the draft in a long time and I'd love that as well.

Unless we pull off some miracle and can work a team over - a la Ainge - I wouldn't want to give up the assets needed to make that jump. No one outside of the top 5 picks would move the needle enough for me to give up a fortune for. I'm ok trading back to the mid 20s tho if we can pick up additional assets this year or next. 

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If we can get a rotation player by trading down then i'm for that.    (Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about college players)

Don't be too hard on yourself, macd.  You know next to nothing about anything so ...

Hah, c'mon man you lol'd.

Seriously though, unless we can get to the top 3-5, trade down.  Odds are you can get as good a player in the low 20's as we could get at 19.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't be too hard on yourself, macd.  You know next to nothing about anything so ...

Hah, c'mon man you lol'd.

Seriously though, unless we can get to the top 3-5, trade down.  Odds are you can get as good a player in the low 20's as we could get at 19.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

My philosophy is, if you love a prospect and truly believe he will be a  star for you, trade up and get him (within reason). Like when we apparently promised Giannis we would draft him, we should have moved up a few spots to do it. This year, if the Hawks have fallen in love with a prospect that's supposed to go outside the top ten, make sure you don't let him slip through your fingers. Holding on to as many picks as possible sounds nice, but getting a guy who you think is a star is a lot better.

• Like 1

I'd only trade up for Jonathan Isaac. But y'all have prolly already heard that a few times ;)

17 minutes ago, hazer said:

I'd only trade up for Jonathan Isaac. But y'all have prolly already heard that a few times ;)

Why do you like that guy so much?  I saw my undermann'd GT squad put a whuppin on his 'Noles "team" and he looked fairly middlin'.

Then again, I also saw him lead a tremendous effort vs NDame and UNC.  I'm torn on him, I guess is my point.

A lot of these young guys are talented but so far from being leaders or being capable of carrying a team to any extended degree.

I'd say trade up for Isaac (I see you @hazer)..OG Anunoby, if you think his injuries aren't too serious. The white unicorn if you believe, or Fox if there are strong signs of trading Dennis. (Like a Dennis package for somebody already somewhat in place)...Or Frank N. who is rising fast.

Otherwise I say trade down into the 20's and 30's and load up on sleepers.

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'd say trade up for Isaac (I see you @hazer)..OG Anunoby, if you think his injuries aren't too serious. The white unicorn if you believe, or Fox if there are strong signs of trading Dennis. (Like a Dennis package for somebody already somewhat in place)...Or Frank N. who is rising fast.

Otherwise I say trade down into the 20's and 30's and load up on sleepers.

Staahp with the OG Anunoby stuff.  Dude played literally about 5-6 decent games over 2 years then got a knee injury.  End the fantasy.  Dude's ceiling is Andre Roberson.

This is me taking your keys and refusing to allow you to drunk drive, Spud2.  Somebody call him an Uber.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Staahp with the OG Anunoby stuff.  Dude played literally about 5-6 decent games over 2 years then got a knee injury.  End the fantasy.  Dude's ceiling is Andre Roberson.

This is me taking your keys and refusing to allow you to drunk drive, Spud2.  Somebody call him an Uber.

Sample size isn't large enough, I'll give you that. But when you say he's gonna be Andre Roberson, you're just flaying about like a headless chicken or Baze.

The Nigerian Nightmare part II is coming to a team near you... and I wasn't even talking about @MaceCase...:-)

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0273.PNG

IMG_0274.JPG

@Spud2Nique, you can't have it both ways.  Can't acknowledge that the sample size is too small (i.e. we know nothing about this guy) while also touting his greatness.

His claim to fame is he came in and played solid defense in the tournament 2 years ago.  Everybody expected him to take the world by storm this past season, he didn't.  Instead, he got hurt, then he declared for the draft to make sure he could still capitalize on what was left of his 2 year-old hype.

What intrigues you about that story?  And what tells you he's anything more than yet another draft story about some uber-athletic, defense-only (but we'll learn 'im how ta shoot) non-dribbling forward?

Just now, kg01 said:

What intrigues you about that story?  And what tells you he's anything more than yet another draft story about some uber-athletic, defense-only (but we'll learn 'im how ta shoot) non-dribbling forward?

Well as you yourself alluded to yesterday, you cannot take a player, thinking he's going to be the next Draymond or Curry. I think the same goes the other way. You can't be afraid to draft OG Anunoby because you think he might become Ike Diogu.

To me, the guy looks like he's got talent, he's got heart, he's got a motor, he D's up, and he's a tweeter which now is good thing in the NBA.

Listen, any player in the draft can be a bust. So 2 pieces of advice...

1. Don't be afraid to love again after your heart has been broken by Ike Diogu.

2. Don't try to date a girl that looks like your X (Draymond likened to OG) just cuz ur still hung up on that tang. All young men should have good tang. Lol. I think I heard that on that 70's show..

3. Somebody get me a sandwich...(I know...the 3rd thing wasn't anticipated..)

• Premium Member

Trade up. If there's someone in this Draft that the Colonel thinks will be the next Curry, Thompson, or Green, by all means I hope they do what they have to do to get that guy IF he can be had. We all killed Dimitroff for going all out for Julio Jones a few years ago, but all seems to be forgiven now. Sometimes you have to gamble. Playing things 'safe' has gotten us nothing but mediocrity.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Well as you yourself alluded to yesterday, you cannot take a player, thinking he's going to be the next Draymond or Curry. I think the same goes the other way. You can't be afraid to draft OG Anunoby because you think he might become Ike Diogu.

To me, the guy looks like he's got talent, he's got heart, he's got a motor, he D's up, and he's a tweeter which now is good thing in the NBA.

Listen, any player in the draft can be a bust. So 2 pieces of advice...

1. Don't be afraid to love again after your heart has been broken by Ike Diogu.

2. Don't try to date a girl that looks like your X (Draymond likened to OG) just cuz ur still hung up on that tang. All young men should have good tang. Lol. I think I heard that on that 70's show..

3. Somebody get me a sandwich...(I know...the 3rd thing wasn't anticipated..)

What the ...?  Are you having a stroke again?  Nah, as fat as you is, it's more likely a heart attack.  A stoke-attack?

Nowhere in my post/opinion did I mention any prior busts.  I said yesterday that you should draft a guy based on his own merit, not based on who his game allegedly resembles.

The same applies to not drafting a guy.  Do so on his own merit, not 'cause he reminds you of some other bust.  I consider Anunoby an extreme bust candidate on his own merit.  Buyer beware.

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What the ...?  Are you having a stroke again?  Nah, as fat as you is, it's more likely a heart attack.  A stoke-attack?

Nowhere in my post/opinion did I mention any prior busts.  I said yesterday that you should draft a guy based on his own merit, not based on who his game allegedly resembles.

The same applies to not drafting a guy.  Do so on his own merit, not 'cause he reminds you of some other bust.  I consider Anunoby an extreme bust candidate on his own merit.  Buyer beware.

You just repeated me in a nutshell minus the OG bust thing at the end.

Im saying that too. Draft a player based on that player. Not based on him being the next Draymond or the Next Diogu.

Im not saying OG won't be a bust. I'm just saying that the tools that he can bring to the new NBA game might translate a bit differently that they did 10 years ago. 

The word ore tweener was a bad thing a while back...now it's not bad to be a tweener.

PS At least I'm participating in the "who would you like to draft" discussion that just bashing people's picks. I haven't heard you say whether you like a prospect or not. Kinda gives you a win win situation but also makes you look like a lil weener from the sidelines. Feel for your man berries (not sure if they are there) and go out on a limb.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You just repeated me in a nutshell minus the OG bust thing at the end.

Im saying that too. Draft a player based on that player. Not based on him being the next Draymond or the Next Diogu.

Im not saying OG won't be a bust. I'm just saying that the tools that he can bring to the new NBA game might translate a bit differently that they did 10 years ago. 

The word ore tweener was a bad thing a while back...now it's not bad to be a tweener.

PS At least I'm participating in the "who would you like to draft" discussion that just bashing people's picks. I haven't heard you say whether you like a prospect or not. Kinda gives you a win win situation but also makes you look like a lil weener from the sidelines. Feel for your man berries (not sure if they are there) and go out on a limb.

Hah, I was waiting for someone to call me out on bashing everybody else's ideas.  Thas what I do best.

Although, I'm pretty sure I was clear that I wanted us to draft the guy from UNC, no?  If not him then give me D. Mitchell.  Thomas Bryant with #31.

Happy?  Blast away.  I ain't skared.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hah, I was waiting for someone to call me out on bashing everybody else's ideas.  Thas what I do best.

Although, I'm pretty sure I was clear that I wanted us to draft the guy from UNC, no?  If not him then give me D. Mitchell.  Thomas Bryant with #31.

Happy?  Blast away.  I ain't skared.

How bout we both love JJ (not joe Johnson but Justin Jax) and not start a @AHF @sturt saga? Lol...I kid I kinda kid...:-|

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

How bout we both love JJ (not joe Johnson but Justin Jax) and not start a @AHF @sturt saga? Lol...I kid I kinda kid...:-|

Dude, between the 2 of them, I think they recited the dictionary like 3 times.  Geez.  I feel like I earned a degree reading all that nonsense.  I'm Summa *** Loudly up in dis bish all of a sudden.