• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Justin Jackson

GameTime

18 minutes ago, CP61 said:

We'd probably have to trade up for JJ  (which I'm now expecting) and Frank Mason. Actually, I think it would take 31 to get Mason. I think the Hawks will love his attitude, so that really is a  possibility. Plus he's less than an inch shorter than Mike Conley, Chris Paul, and Kemba Walker. Shoot, he only played one more college season than Kemba too, and is 10 lbs heavier. Plus Frank has a longer wingspan and better jumps. I know we need big men, but we should get JJ and Mason if at all possible.

If we could flip Minnesota's and Cleveland's first round pick (not sure Minnesota's will actually end up being a 1st round pick) into Justin Jackson while keeping 31, that would be ideal.

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If we could flip Minnesota's and Cleveland's first round pick (not sure Minnesota's will actually end up being a 1st round pick) into Justin Jackson while keeping 31, that would be ideal.

Ideally, I hope we can ADD to the #19 and #31 picks but that's not going to be easy. I really want Sacramento's #5 and #10 picks since those picks would allow the Hawks to get whoever they want. But a trade for those picks would involve trading a young and already proven asset (probably Dennis) and may not be worth the risk. The Draft is still a gamble after all. But I know the Hawks are going to have to trade up if they are serious about getting guys like Justin Jackson, Jarrett Allen, or maybe even John Collins.

Count me on the Justin Jackson bandwagon.  I looked at him last year and he was turrible.  He's improved every aspect of his game this year.  I do not see him as a 3, although he could play the 2/3/4 (4 is a stretch because he only ways 200lbs). I think if the Hawks draft him, he'll play the 2.  If he improves his dribble, he'll be an excellent future 2 guard next to Dennis. He's also more developed than some of the other guys I like in this draft, so he'll be able to contribute some next year.

• Like 1

I like Jackson, he's the high floor, lower ceiling player that fits the Hawks narrative. I doubt he lasts to 19 though. 

Swanigan not so much. He reminds me too much of Al Jefferson. I doubt his ability to move onto the perimeter much less switch on the Kyrie's and Wall's of the East. 

Give me at 19: Patton/Allen and 30: Evans/Lydon.

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

Count me on the Justin Jackson bandwagon.  I looked at him last year and he was turrible.  He's improved every aspect of his game this year.  I do not see him as a 3, although he could play the 2/3/4 (4 is a stretch because he only ways 200lbs). I think if the Hawks draft him, he'll play the 2.  If he improves his dribble, he'll be an excellent future 2 guard next to Dennis. He's also more developed than some of the other guys I like in this draft, so he'll be able to contribute some next year.

If we get him it will be interesting to see if we sign Tim or somehow are able to ship Baze. Like you said Jackson looks like he would contribute soon and would be very good size at SG in particular. 

• Like 1