• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hate To Say It But...

sillent

Well maybe I won't be mad but I do see a sign and trade for Paul Millsap to Minnesota. Good thing is I think we will land with Justin Patton which I think is a great prospect. Minny will have Rubio, Jimmy Butler, Andrew Wiggins, Paul Millsap, KAT as a starting lineup that can be highly competitive in the west. What Do Y'all Think?

I think that'd be a great deal for them. They'd be a WCF contender for sure if Wiggins and KAT can defend like the others. I don't really see what's in it for us though. Patton is nice, I liked Lavine a lot but since he's already gone that hurts. Tyus Jones could be a good backup pg. 

I'm just not sure they'd have the best offer available.

I could see something like this:

HAWKS send a signed Millsap to MINNESOTA.

MINNESOTA sends ATLANTA: Ricky Rubio, Jordan Hill, Shabazz Muhammad, and the draft rights to Justin Patton.

ATLANTA flips Ricky Rubio to a 3rd team for another pick/young player. Interestingly, the JAZZ have been interested in Rubio, and they just traded away Trey Lyles. How about a trade then involving Rubio for Derrick Favors?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Flight said:

I think that'd be a great deal for them. They'd be a WCF contender for sure if Wiggins and KAT can defend like the others. I don't really see what's in it for us though. Patton is nice, I liked Lavine a lot but since he's already gone that hurts. Tyus Jones could be a good backup pg. 

I'd take Gorgui as a solid PF options while the other 2 develop alongside Tyus 

1 minute ago, parfait said:

I could see something like this:

HAWKS send a signed Millsap to MINNESOTA.

MINNESOTA sends ATLANTA: Ricky Rubio, Jordan Hill, Shabazz Muhammad, and the draft rights to Justin Patton.

ATLANTA flips Ricky Rubio to a 3rd team for another pick/young player. Interestingly, the JAZZ have been interested in Rubio, and they just traded away Trey Lyles. How about a trade then involving Rubio for Derrick Favors?

WAYYYYY overvaluing Rubio.... they've been trying to deal him for the last 2 seasons and still haven't found a deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

WAYYYYY overvaluing Rubio.... they've been trying to deal him for the last 2 seasons and still haven't found a deal. 

I actually agree with you. But apparently a half a dozen teams have been inquiring about Rubio, per HoopsRumors, including the Jazz, Pistons, Knicks, and Mavericks.

4 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Isn't that to much asked in a sign and trade? Tbh I don't know much about sign and trades but I don't think Saps stock is that high. 

Well, the salaries have to match up. And Sap's new salary will be sky high!

46 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He won't be going to minny as they have to pay Wiggins and KAT over the next two years.  

Yep Minnesota doesn't have enough cap space to bring on Millsap and I don't see enough salary that they can shed to fill out a roster if they acquired Millsap.  The team as is has zero depth and having majority of your cap space tied up in your starting lineup only makes it worse.

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

How'd that work out cash wise? 

They have to add a big contract.

Justin patton is a great player. Would be a nice addition to Collins. We'd be one hell of a 1-4-5 pnr combo.

Didn't do the math but I know if it were too happen more players/contracts/team(s) need to be involved.

1 hour ago, Flight said:

I think you're right. At least not them alone.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Sign and trade would be nice but I think the word is likely out that we are too cheap to keep Paul - so they can simply outbid us - which should be fairly easy to do.

The primary S&T scenario is one where the team doesn't have the cap space to sign him outright.  His contract is no different via S&T and direct sign so any team with room won't consider a S&T unless they simply want to shed salary.

• Like 1