• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Braves - pro sports in general in Atlanta

DJlaysitup

Braves slick been arguably one of the best teams in the majors for a few weeks now.  I'll never get into soccer but that team has set the city on fire apparently.  The Falcons should continue right we're they left off. Things are looking up.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Braves are looking good for the future, our MLS team is insanely good for an expansion team. The Falcons...I still can't talk about it. Greatest choke job in sports history. But the players are there to get back to the SB and hopefully win one.

Hawks are going into a full blown rebuild we just need to make the right choices in the draft.

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

The Braves rebuild is almost complete. Not sure where the amniosty is there because they were headed nowhere if they had given it one more try with the same core from 2014 in 2015.

Braves tanked on purpose and provided several years of crappy Baseball and a Big FU to current fans and season ticket holders. You have to remain competitive while building your roster cause you have people paying hard earned money to see a Sports team each year. You don't get to pause that and tell current fans to F off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

Braves tanked on purpose and provided several years of crappy Baseball and a Big FU to current fans and season ticket holders. You have to remain competitive while building your roster cause you have people paying hard earned money to see a Sports team each year. You don't get to pause that and tell current fans to F off.

Is two years "several years"? Because before 2015, they were actually trying to compete and outside of fits and starts, their attempts to compete were failing horribly. Never actually said they were "rebuilding" until after 2014. In a way, they're the Phoenix Suns of baseball, except they had a few really successful years of baseball despite it, they were putting off a rebuild for a long time they needed to do to try to compete.

And don't tell me that the 2014 team deserved another try, as you are wrong when you say that. It would have not gone any better.

Braves had a good core of young players to build around and they shipped them all for high school prospects and in the meantime put out some horrible teams. Braves are still under .500 and people are acting like they are contending. They are still not that good and we still don't know if nuking all the young talent we had a few years ago is going to pay off.

Like I said you have to at least "attempt" to remain competitive while rebuilding a roster, The Braves openly said FU and nuked our roster for kids that may never pay off. It was an insult to current fans.

18 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Braves had a good core of young players to build around and they shipped them all for high school prospects and in the meantime put out some horrible teams. Braves are still under .500 and people are acting like they are contending. They are still not that good and we still don't know if nuking all the young talent we had a few years ago is going to pay off.

Like I said you have to at least "attempt" to remain competitive while rebuilding a roster, The Braves openly said FU and nuked our roster for kids that may never pay off. It was an insult to current fans.

No, they did not. They would have been just as sad and mediocre as the Hawks were last year if they tried to **run it back** in 2015 in my comping. The only mistakes were trading Alex Wood and dumping Melvin with Kimbrel. Everything else was not a mistake.

Like I said you have to build the roster while remaining competitive, I'll repeat it as many times as you want. The Braves did not do that we had a young core to build around.

BUILD ROSTER-- REMAIN COMPETITIVE, BUILD ROSTER-- REMAIN COMPETITIVE,BUILD ROSTER-- REMAIN COMPETITIVE

3 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Like I said you have to build the roster while remaining competitive, I'll repeat it as many times as you want. The Braves did not do that we had a young core to build around.

BUILD ROSTER-- REMAIN COMPETITIVE, BUILD ROSTER-- REMAIN COMPETITIVE,BUILD ROSTER-- REMAIN COMPETITIVE

The clubhouse with the Uptons and Heyward being involved was so dysfunctional it was dragging the team down.

We were not going to see that core EVER repeat 2013. It was over. Done. Finished.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, swanlee said:

Cubs fans seem strangely ok with it.