• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks renounce IIyasova

Vol4ever

I hope this isn't a sign we match the crazy offer THjr got.  He played great in spots but the Knicks offered stupid money to him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I thought he might be the starting PF this year, but I guess Schlenk thinks that Ersan is probably too productive for the team.

Sounds about right.   Which would you all rather have for your $12+ million player, Ilyasova or Plumlee?

1 minute ago, ThomasCredle said:

I hope this isn't a sign we match the crazy offer THjr got.  He played great in spots but the Knicks offered stupid money to him.

He got 2/3 of a 4 year or less max contract and 55% of a 4-7 year player max.  Once he became a starter he was a 17 point 46/36/83 player.  55% of a max for a 17ppg, 46% shooting shooting guard who draws fouls and mid-level defense is pretty good.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Loved EI but was a little bummed with his playoff performance, especially after what he did to us in that first round Milwaukee scare a few years ago. Would have loved to have him back on a good deal though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, SCOTT said:

If they plan on matching the THJ offer form NY they need to use the cap space they have.

We don't need any cap space to match the offer.  He is a restricted free agent for whom we have Bird rights.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

But we did have to renounce Illyasova to package Crawford elsewhere and take back a bigger salary.

Since generally our opponents don't give us the better player in trade, sounds like we can look forward another big money dead weight player contract in lieu of Crawford.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

He got 2/3 of a 4 year or less max contract and 55% of a 4-7 year player max.  Once he became a starter he was a 17 point 46/36/83 player.  55% of a max for a 17ppg, 46% shooting shooting guard who draws fouls and mid-level defense is pretty good.

I guess maybe I'm still suffering from sticker shock from the new CBA and today's player salaries.   I never looked at the offer from your perspective but you point is very solid.  THjr's offer may not be as crazy as I first thought.   

We will still get lambasted in the media if we match though the damn four letter will have a field day ripping us.  Not that they don't for anything we do though!!