• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Crawford and Atlanta Hawks have come to terms on a buyout

Diesel

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bad team all star

He's been an all star on a championship team as well as being an all star on a non playoff team. You don't fake 2nd PER in the entire NBA the last season he was the primary offensive player for his team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's been an all star on a championship team as well as being an all star on a non playoff team. You don't fake 2nd PER in the entire NBA the last season he was the primary offensive player for his team.

True all stars don't win an average of 27 games per season as the go to guy

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Apparently you missed the part where's been an All Star on a team that won a ring and has went to two other Finals?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Apparently you missed the part where's been an All Star on a team that won a ring and has went to two other Finals?

As a 3rd or 4th option. Now go get us LeBron and we'll talk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

As a 3rd or 4th option. Now go get us LeBron and we'll talk

So he had the 2nd best PER in the ENTIRE league, was an All Star that season as the last year he was the primary guy and still makes the All Star team on a championship team and yet he's what, a bad player?

Go troll somewhere else please.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

LeBron is a generational talent.  He's in discussion with Jordan as possibly the GOAT.  You cannot compare an elite player to LeBron with good conscience.  I ask again, who did Love have on his team during those 27 win average seasons?  Kevin Garnett is a HOF, but he didn't win it all until he teamed up with 2 other HOF.  LeBron himself hasn't won a single championship by himself.  He needed Wade and Bosh the first time and Cleveland's only 1 came with Kyrie and Love in tow. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

LeBron is a generational talent.  He's in discussion with Jordan as possibly the GOAT.  You cannot compare an elite player to LeBron with good conscience.  I ask again, who did Love have on his team during those 27 win average seasons?  Kevin Garnett is a HOF, but he didn't win it all until he teamed up with 2 other HOF.  LeBron himself hasn't won a single championship by himself.  He needed Wade and Bosh the first time and Cleveland's only 1 came with Kyrie and Love in tow. 

KG wasn't winning 27 games per season...they were in the playoffs when he was in Minnesota

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

KG wasn't winning 27 games per season...they were in the playoffs when he was in Minnesota

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Harden, Westbrook, and Dirk didnt have much on their teams either but they weren't winning an average of 27 games per season as t he go to guy.

You basically are giving a list of former MVPs.  Love is good but not at that level.  If I wanted to win now, I could find a spot for him on my roster if the needs matched and be pretty thrilled about it.  He is being misused in Cleveland pretty badly and that is obvious.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

You basically are giving a list of former MVPs.  Love is good but not at that level.  If I wanted to win now, I could find a spot for him on my roster if the needs matched and be pretty thrilled about it.  He is being misused in Cleveland pretty badly and that is obvious.

I thought that the point of a rebuild was to find star players and not Millsap types.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I thought that the point of a rebuild was to find star players and not Millsap types.

I don't think he's in Millsap's league defensively, but I think Kevin Love is a much better offensive player and rebounder than Millsap.  Millsap was essentially our go-to scorer and averaged less than 20ppg and career averages are less than a double-double.  Love averages a double-double and has had years as the go-to scorer averaging over 25ppg and 12rpg. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

I don't think he's in Millsap's league defensively, but I think Kevin Love is a much better offensive player and rebounder than Millsap.  Millsap was essentially our go-to scorer and averaged less than 20ppg and career averages are less than a double-double.  Love averages a double-double and has had years as the go-to scorer averaging over 25ppg and 12rpg. 

On a bad team just like Wiggins thus bad team all star

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

On a bad team just like Wiggins thus bad team all star

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Personally, I think if we could actually get Love for Crawford and a late 1st (like the Houston pick), it would be a smart move.  If this team is going to be exceptionally bad as most say and Love is as good as you say he is on a bad team only, then he'll drive his value up like he did in Minny when Cleveland gave up 2 #1 picks (even though 1 turned out to be a bust and the verdict is still out on the other) and he'll be worth it.  I find it hard to believe that would get it done even if it meant Melo to Cleveland, but who the heck knows in today's NBA anymore? 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I just said above if I was trying not win now.  I don't want him now at the beginning of our rebuild.

I think the Millsap comparison is fair with Love being significantly better on offense and Millsap significantly better on defense.  Net is in the same ballpark.

19 hours ago, Diesel said:

Haven't our GM learned ANYDAMNTHING...

I would hold Crawford until teams get desperate and we can get a good deal.   I don't care if he was sitting on the bench wearing Brooks Brothers for 56 games...  He doesn't leave Atlanta without a trade. 

I agree with you on this.  Wait until closer to the deadline to find a suiter if one isnt available now.