• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Crawford and Atlanta Hawks have come to terms on a buyout

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Not providing any service to us at all.  Deserves to be paid nothing accordingly.  Unjust enrichment.

Buyer beware. We have no excuse. We paid for the contract.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

To do what with, exactly? 

As much about "when" as it is "what," imo.

You're asking me, and so I'm just sayin, I'm still inclined to think an offer will be made to Noel. But who really knows? Just another meaningless hunch on my part.

Just now, sturt said:

As much about "when" as it is "what," imo.

You're asking me, and so I'm just sayin, I'm still inclined to think an offer will be made to Noel. But who really knows? Just another meaningless hunch on my part.

Or maybe we're gearing up to match Thjr's offer sheet and don't want to go over that cap??? That thought makes my stomach turn. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

We had no obligation to buy him out. 

Right.

I don't understand the reply.

We bought the contract, and we knew what we were getting into. Evidently, Schlenk decided it was to his professional self-interest to buy him out rather than wait to use him as a trade chip.

• Premium Member
Just now, Watchman said:

We're probably going to offer the other Plumlee brothers the biggest contracts we can

That wouldn't surprise me but I think its something else. Maybe KCP?

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Right.

I don't understand the reply.

We bought the contract, and we knew what we were getting into. Evidently, Schlenk decided it was to his professional self-interest to buy him out rather than wait to use him as a trade chip.

Good.  I don't understand you not understanding.

I don't understand this at all. This is a terrible move. I don't care if he doesn't want to be here. He has value and you don't let that just walk out the door when you're rebuilding.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SCOTT said:

This an the IIyasova move tonight makes me think we need the money to sign someone tonight. 

As I understand it we couldn't officially acquire Jamal without clearing our cap holds and exceptions and that included Illy. So we couldn't buy him out until we actually acquired him. 

• Like 1