• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maybe we should offer KCP a max

JTB

• Premium Member

Honestly, given the market, I can't believe he even got $18m at this point. I think the Lakers caved, actually, and I don't know why... who else would give him anything close to that? I was looking for something much closer to $12m, and even that seemed charitable... again, given that there was no apparent competition for his services.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sturt said:

Honestly, given the market, I can't believe he even got $18m at this point. I think the Lakers caved, actually, and I don't know why... who else would give him anything close to that? I was looking for something much closer to $12m, and even that seemed charitable... again, given that there was no apparent competition for his services.

Rumor is goodwill with his agent, Rich Paul,  whom is best friends with and represents LeBron, whom is a free agent target for the Lakers in 2018.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Rumor is goodwill with his agent, Rich Paul,  whom is best friends with and represents LeBron, whom is a free agent target for the Lakers in 2018.

If  that helps them land LeBron, it will be money well spent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Rob Pelinka playing some chess out there.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

LeBron is big on charity to his friends (refer to Cleveland's cap situation) should at least get the Lakers a meaningful meeting with him.

The ideal way to charity for LeBron is on very short-term contracts because his demands have frequently been to the long-term detriment of his team.  This seems like a good approach.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 0:35 AM, SalvorMallow said:

Signed by the lakers.

1 year 18 million.

So, he's an unRFA next season.  Sign him then and delay year one even better.  Wonder what he will command in a multi-year deal after a year in LA.  We'll have much more money to spend that we already do.  Could potentially sign KCP with room to add a true max player later, too.  

On 7/11/2017 at 2:11 AM, JTB said:

Yeah really upsets me that we aren't going to go after him probably 

Let's see our interest next season.

On 7/11/2017 at 10:31 AM, Watchman said:

KCP is gonna be kicking himself for passing on that 5 yr/$80 million deal. 

Doubt that.  After getting almost 1/4 of that five year deal, his next deal will be 4 yr/??M,  I bet get still gets upward of $15M/per next offseason.  Which would end up as 5 yr/$78M--that's conservative....and he still has power over his long term destination.  (Come home.)

On 7/11/2017 at 1:52 PM, sturt said:

I haven't totally given up on the idea that

(a) Baze can get back to an upward trajectory (Bryce Harper called and reminded me that newly married athletes seem to improve over the season before their wedding)... and/or

(b) Schlenk will find a way to deal Baze.

Regardless, if you're looking for offense from your 5, you're going to have to go get Mason, who does most things better than most 5s, except that he's another one who's horrendous at shooting FTs.

Agreed.  We need to try to make Bazemore look good.  Develop young players and base our play about putting Bazemore in position to succeed.

On 7/12/2017 at 2:44 AM, SalvorMallow said:

Too bad only like 5 teams have cap space next year. 

What five?  I'm sure we are one?

On 7/12/2017 at 9:30 AM, Sothron said:

So I guess I wasn't so "deluded" after all that he shouldn't get a max deal. 1 year for 18 million is pretty sucky compared to what he turned down.

Never said he would get a max deal or deserved one.  He's worth more than Tim Hardaway.  

On 7/12/2017 at 10:50 AM, MaceCase said:

Heh, someday KCP will finally get a play run for him.  Amirite, Bumpy?

Ya know, him deferring his longterm contract for a year really just bother me at all.  That's right on the Hawks' timeline...a one year deferment.  We can look at signing him next offseason, after trading Bazemore, ideally.