• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He wouldn't just say this....

JTB

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

BUT... The three players are generational talent types.  I mean.  Ben Simmons has been talked about as being the next great Forward.  Embiid was great in College.   Moreover, Simmons didn't get injured until after he was a sixer. 

IF he would have passed over those players... I don't think his fanbase would have been happy with him at all.   He's looking like a genius because his gambles are paying off. 

Generational?  Nerlens Noel?  The same guy that still is looking for a NBA deal?  The same guy that all the Sixers could muster were 2nd round picks in a trade?  Generational?!  They traded for his rights 4 months after he tore his ACL, one year later they followed that up by selecting both Embiid 6 days after he underwent surgery for a broken foot and Dario Saric 2 days after he signed a 2 year contract in Turkey. 

Sixer fans would have been completely happy if Hinkie passed on those guys or even punted the picks for future lotto picks because they bought all the way into the dream of one day owning the #1, so looking at a grand total of 0 games played by consecutive multiple lotto picks would have been all in day of "the process" for them.

Hinkie is a "genius" for deliberately stripping down his roster, not signing any vets and drafting players he expected zero contribution from all in the effort of continuing to net top 3 picks yet.....You're continuing to make a direct comparison between his plan and Schlenk's?  Hilarious.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

He don't get @AHF....just leave it alone. Thats what Im doing.

He believes Schlenk is tanking on purpose...ok let him believe that while the rest of us see it as "hey if these young guys we have here happen to make the playoffs this season coming up great but we aren't spending money on players close to 30 years of age or are 30+ years of age just to make the playoffs to lose".

Somehow @Diesel sees that as tanking because we aren't signing old veterans to purposely get in the playoffs. :dry:....I understand you want our hawks to make the playoffs but lets me real, say howard and millsap get us back to playoffs for the 11th straight year...you really think we are going to suddenly start beating Lebron, who has owned the EAST for 7 straight years soon to be 8?...I mean even boston has now improved getting gordon hayward another 2 way player who can actually help isaiah with the scoring load and they technically now have 3 all star players though none are superstars and they STILL will likely get swept in the ECF this upcoming season!....this is the NBA where shit is extremely PREDICTABLE!

The other thing that is predictable is that when you decide to "play young guys" and "build for the future around youth", you are going to lose whether it is intentional or not.  Knowing that fact that young teams lose, I'd call building around youth tanking as you know you are going to lose.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The other thing that is predictable is that when you decide to "play young guys" and "build for the future around youth", you are going to lose whether it is intentional or not.  Knowing that fact that young teams lose, I'd call building around youth tanking as you know you are going to lose.

Given that definition of tanking (i.e., building around youth), there are many, many teams that tank and they use different approaches in doing so.  Given that broad of a definition you have to acknowledge there are many different flavors of tanking whether you are talking OKC, Sacramento, Philly, Golden State, Phoenix, Cleveland, Charlotte, etc.  They have all done different things on different timelines in their "building around youth" phases and ended up in different places.

I don't mind your definition of tanking - just saying it is a broad label encompassing some large and significant differences among the teams that fall under that umbrella.

Wasting yall's breath I'm telling ya, lost cause. And will be hilarious when these rascals almost sneak into the playoffs with 30-35 wins instead of the 18-25 tally some are predicting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You don't have to call it tanking...

Losing competitively.

Young guys don't win.  When you strip your team of vets... Buy out vets and settle for Picks... It's tanking.

Let's just come up with a new term for this. Let's call the Hawks plan Winning by Losing or maybe Lottery by Youth.

• Like 1