• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He wouldn't just say this....

JTB

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

It is better to be on the green than be off the green.  If I'm on the green, I at least have a chance to two putt.  If I'm off the green, then I have to use a stroke to get on the green to have a chance to two putt. 

If you are in the playoffs, you are at least on the green with a chance to two putt.  

The pro tankers are taking the putter out of the bag hoping for a hole in one.  

No, you're actually in a bunker.  But you believe that due to the bunker's proximity to the green you still have an easier shot at the hole than someone starting from the tee box and are on par with someone already on the green.

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He would have been a good signing.  

He would push this team over 30 wins and we can't have that. Haha

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Another soft non athletic big...we need to change our approach and focus on defense.

Dewayne Dedmon...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why Speights then...dude can't guard a chair

Hawks walked away from Speights, he won't be on the team, Dedmon is on the team, he's not a soft non-athletic Big who doesn't play defense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, hazer said:

Hawks walked away from Speights, he won't be on the team, Dedmon is on the team, he's not a soft non-athletic Big who doesn't play defense. 

But the point is that he keeps looking at these kinds of guys!  Ryan Kelly? This Guy? Muscala? And people are worried that Muscala might start?  See the pattern? And who is to say that Mo didn't walk away saving us again?  I'm tired of this S-it!

• Premium Member

I don't understand a lot of the positions that Hawks fans take...  Chiefly, I just don't get the concern over tanking vs. retooling vs. rebuilding, especially if this boils down to semantics or preference.  We are either making the playoffs, drafting in the mid to late 1st round, and banking our future on the absolutely bleak odds of finding the next Kawhi....or we are in the lottery.

What is this middle ground that seems to be such a hot topic?  What does it really matter if we're a terrible team winning 20-25 games or a terrible team winning 30-35 games?  The only real difference is around to 40 win mark where you can potentially sneak into the playoffs in the East or grab the least valuable pick in the lottery.

If we're not talking semantics, then I agree that "losing to be the worst" is a goofy way to go about things - especially considering the many teams that have drafted Hall of Fame cornerstones outside of the top 3.  If it's all the same, then I'd just like to be in the top 6-7 picks.

6 hours ago, pimp said:

Making the playoffs 9 years in a row didn't have free agents beating down our door either.

We had absolutely no chance at competing for a championship with the team we had.  

You have have to draft at least 1 star player that free agents want  to come play with.

Every championship team in the last 10 years has drafted a franchise player.if w

Spurs - Duncan , Lenard

Heat - Wade

Warriors - Curry

Cavs - Lebron

Mavs - Dirk

Celtics - Pierce

next - didn't win but made it to the finals.

Thunder - Durant

Magic - Howard

We have to build through the draft. 

I've been pro-rebuild/tank whatever you want to call it for a very long time (like 20 years) and this is the reason why.  We miss the franchise guys EVERY single cycle by fiddling around with a middling team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

But the point is that he keeps looking at these kinds of guys!  Ryan Kelly? This Guy? Muscala? And people are worried that Muscala might start?  See the pattern? And who is to say that Mo didn't walk away saving us again?  I'm tired of this S-it!

Just stop with your Bud hate.  This is like Lurker's hate for Dwight and Diesel's hate for Dennis.  You bring it up in every thread.  If Dennis slips down in the hall, it's Bud's fault because Bud should have been there to tell Dennis not to.   The tweet literally says, the HAWKS walked away from Speights and you still find a way to blame bud for interviewing players.  What are they supposed to say to bigs, if you can shoot please stay away because PEORIABIRD will be pissed off? No, they should do their due diligence on all players to determine if a specific skill they have will fit Bud's system and enhance the team.  Like TMQ does which you are always talking about.

I'm also pretty sure the new GM determines who he wants on the team.  Speights played for him in GS, so why not look into him?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just stop with your Bud hate.  This is like Lurker's hate for Dwight and Diesel's hate for Dennis.  You bring it up in every thread.  If Dennis slips down in the hall, it's Bud's fault because Bud should have been there to tell Dennis not to.   The tweet literally says, the HAWKS walked away from Speights and you still find a way to blame bud for interviewing players.  What are they supposed to say to bigs, if you can shoot please stay away because PEORIABIRD will be pissed off? No, they should do their due diligence on all players to determine if a specific skill they have will fit Bud's system and enhance the team.  Like TMQ does which you are always talking about.

I'm also pretty sure the new GM determines who he wants on the team.  Speights played for him in GS, so why not look into him?

Because of the overriding theme of Bud ball...The thing that matters the most is shooting.  That's why Korver was starting long after he had broken down and was no where near what he was during that 1 magical year.  That's why Muscala is on the team..That is why he cut Tavares to sign Kelly.  That is why prince rotted on the bench and why Bembry continues to rot on the bench in favor of likes Baze and probably Belinelli and he'll probably start Ilyasova over Collins. 

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Because of the overriding theme of Bud ball...The thing that matters the most is shooting.  That's why Korver was starting long after he had broken down and was no where near what he was during that 1 magical year.  That's why Muscala is on the team..That is why he cut Tavares to sign Kelly.  That is why prince rotted on the bench and why Bembry continues to rot on the bench in favor of likes Baze and probably Belinelli and he'll probably start Ilyasova over Collins. 

But the point here is the TEAM chose Dedmond OVER Speights which is what you are recommending so why are yo u complaining about BUD when they did what you wanted.  If they had chosen Speights I could kind of see your point for complaining.  But they didn't so there's nothing to complain about

Kobe sat on the bench and a lot of other superstars did too.  Why are you so eager to get these players on the floor they may not have earned it. Bud's at practice he can determine when they earn their playing time. You should not give any rookie anything they need to earn it that way they are better when they get on the floor. It's helpful for them to be on the bench to see the flow of the game and understand it better than to get thrown to the wolves and loose their confidence. There's also this thing called a rookie wall which is why I don't mind if he doesn't start giving plenty of playing time to the rookies in the second half after they've earned it.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member

Kobe sat on the bench and a lot of other superstars did too.  Why are you so eager to get these players on the floor they may not have earned it. Bud's at practice he can determine when they earn their playing time. You should not give any rookie anything they need to earn it that way they are better when they get on the floor. It's helpful for them to be on the bench to see the flow of the game and understand it better than to get thrown to the wolves and loose their confidence. There's also this thing called a rookie wall which is why I don't mind if he doesn't start giving plenty of playing time to the rookies in the second half after they've earned it.

I am eager because some of the rookie/new players are better players than the returning vets and if the rookies/new players have to earn a starting job, why isn't the same required of the veteran players?

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The actual point is Hawks signed a tough defensive C in Dedmon, walked away from "that type of guy" Speights, and Ryan Kelly can't and won't be re-signed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Losing... Competitively.

Even though you're likely being sarcastic....I don't see anything wrong with losing competitively with a roster full of young players that have plenty of time to grow in this league. On top of that they're being developed by a top 10 coach.

....better then what the 76ers have done.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JTB said:

Even though you're likely being sarcastic....I don't see anything wrong with losing competitively with a roster full of young players that have plenty of time to grow in this league. On top of that they're being developed by a top 10 coach.

....better then what the 76ers have done.

Actually, it's the exact same thing that the sixers have done. 

Wait and see.