- Wed vs Clippers

- Fri vs Knicks

- Sat vs Raptors

2 home games around Christmas

- Sat 23rd vs Dallas

- Wed 27th vs Washington

8 out of 9 home game stretch from Jan 12th - Jan 31st

Close the season with 9 of 13 games on the road

No national TV games ( not even NBA TV ) . . . of course.

Merry Christmas tankers.  If we're not in the middle of WWIII by the season starts, this is a perfect tank schedule.

22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO . . . WTH?

5 straight road games before they play their 1st home game on Oct 27th vs PAUL MILLSAP and the Nuggets?

Oh Lord.  I haven't even gotten through November yet, and I have a horrible feeling about all of this.

So 10 of the first 14 games are on the road ( with 3 back to backs )?  They're trying to bury us early.  Schlenk must be smiling from ear to ear looking at this schedule.

Those are mostly bottom feeders in the first 5. Only Charlotte and Miami are expected to be anything. Other than  being on the road I'm not sure you could of asked for a much softer early schedule. I fully expect motivated Dwight to drop is off in game two though lol. Schedule maker's are funny. Dwight and Sap in first 6 games. 

• Like 1

2017-18 Flex Plan Deposit

http://www.nba.com/hawks/membership/plans?cid=hawks_1718flexdep_w_sch_081417_xl

MEMBERSHIP PLANS

Our Season Ticket Members have always been the ones we can count on most to bring the noise and the passion to Philips Arena.

As a Member, you can select the Plan that's best for you.

Flex Plans offer the ultimate flexibility and customization allowing you to choose your games, seats and price. Secure your spot in line by placing your $99 deposit today before they officially go on sale August 21.

Our 22-Game Plan lets you enjoy half a season of Hawks basketball while still giving you access to member benefits. With the 22-Game Plan you’ll get to pick one of our matchups against either Cleveland or Golden State.

The 33-Game Plan includes amazing member benefits as well, plus access to our blockbuster match ups against both Cleveland and Golden State.

Or, you can go all in with the 44-Game Plan. Take advantage of the full list of Member benefits including free, designated parking to all Atlanta Hawks home games.

So $99 deposit

22 home games staring at $30/gm . . . $660 + $99 = $759

33 home games starting at $25/gm . . . $825 + $99 = $924

All 44 home games starting at $20/gm . . . $880 + $99 = $979

Oh . and you can chat with a Hawks rep about the flex ticket prices in real time on the Hawks website.

( Brief talk with rep )

Prices not set yet for the flex plan, but he told me that the cheapest ticket for a "Tier 5" game was $19.

And right now, the deposit isn't $99, it's $250.

This is the "priority line" pricing to secure your spot and pick your own seats before they officially go on sale August 21st.    They will give you a refund if you can't find any games that fit your schedule.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can't remember the season starting so early before.  Third week of October.

They wanted to cut out on some of the back to backs and the many game stretches.  I think they have it set now where no team will play no more than 16 games in a month.  In year's past, they have scheduled up to 18 and 19 games in a month.

• Like 3

After seeing this schedule I clearly see 38 -44 wins/losses. If we surprise the league and do well above I can see us squeezing possibly 6 more wins. Well enough to make the playoffs in the East. Hard to see us doing below 38 wins though unless other teams make more drastic changes during the course of this up and coming season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 8/18/2017 at 11:26 AM, sillent said:

After seeing this schedule I clearly see 38 -44 wins/losses. If we surprise the league and do well above I can see us squeezing possibly 6 more wins. Well enough to make the playoffs in the East. Hard to see us doing below 38 wins though unless other teams make more drastic changes during the course of this up and coming season.

I call that an Orlando Magic style rebuild - miss the playoffs but be too good to get a good pick.  Really hoping that doesn't happen.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Via BleacherReport

1 Thing We Learned About Every NBA Team During the Offseason

Atlanta Hawks: They're Neither Tanking Nor in a Rush to Compete

c96bbbe414d00fff0691ca4681b9c917_crop_ex
Rob Carr/Getty Images

General manager Travis Schlenk will not let the Atlanta Hawks commit to one direction. He outlined as much to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Chris Vivlamore in June:

“We want to be exciting. We are going to play an exciting brand of basketball. We want to be competitive. We want fans to show up every night thinking we have a chance to win. Fans in Philly, I don't think they felt that way. That's not our goal. If we make the playoffs, great. If we miss out one year, it's not the end of the world. We just have a chance to get a better player. Our goal is to be competitive.”

[...]

Anything goes in the wide-open Eastern Conference, so the Hawks don't need to bottom out or put their foot on the gas. They have five first-round picks through the next two drafts and plenty of financial flexibility, even with Miles Plumlee, Kent Bazemore and Dennis Schröder on the books.

What that means is anyone's guess. The Hawks might view those assets as ground-up building blocks. They could see them as resources to acquire impactful vets. Perhaps they'll use them for a little bit of both. Or maybe Schlenk wants to get a better feel for what he has, relative to the rest of the East, before leaning one way. 

So, basically, what we've learned about the Hawks is that they're still trying to learn about themselves.