• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Locked on Hawks podcast

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

The guy on there is negative about every player on the roster...This week was the worst. The guy said that John Collins ceiling is Maurice Speights without offense because he thinks Collins will forever be bad at defense.  He also predicted that Collins would rarely see the court and would rack up a lot of DNP-CD. He also pewed hate about Dennis etc.

There was a guy on the radio 92.9 the game crushing the falcons every night last summer also and anytime someone said anything positive about the team, he would argue with them and stick to his negative position. Why does Atlanta attract these kinds of guy... And y'all know that is why we can't attract anyone worth a darn to sign here.  Thank God Quinn is slowing changing that with the Falcons. Bottom line is the negative sports vibe here is killing Atlanta pro sports

• Like 2

I'm not asking for Collins to start out of the gates, but really, if he doesn't play much at all than what is the "expletive" point? Why is Bud still here if he's going to stay committed to vets in what won't be a playoff season?

He should get 10 mins, here and there to start and it gradually increase from there. I'm not asking for him to beat out Ilyasova but he should play.

It should be noted that Bill DeFillipo (sp) is the one that made the Mareese Speights comparison, not Brad Rowland.  Brad is not sold on John's defense, but Brad has openly admitted that he was highly impressed with his offense in Las Vegas.  You need to go back and listen to the podcast he did with @jonesy2X4 from a week or so ago.  That was a long and very good pod cast.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He is always ragging about his perception of what deficiencies each player has. Never acknowledging that he is talking about very young players that could possibly get better at everything.  it's just astonishing..Was he ragging on Hardin's defense too?

If Collins doesn't play a lot of minutes this season than he should go back and get a degree because he clearly isn't an NBA player.  This roster is poop and with no talent in the front court you better be able to get some playing time.

15 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Now this guy is equating Dennis and Reggie Jackson.  Also said that Schröder isn't a to 20 point guard in the league right now.

Brad is critical of the Hawks. I agree he can be negative at times, but he has some good insight too. Nothing to go overboard about. Its just his opinion. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ISOJOE said:

I actually like Rowland, follow him on twitter but he is constantly hating on Dennis and it's really annoying. In contrast, he is higher on Baze than the consensus what is very weird.

Why do you think there is so much Dennis Hate?

vor 33 Minuten, Peoriabird sagte:

Why do you think there is so much Dennis Hate?

A lot of Germans hate him because of his personality (forthright). I am not sure about the Americans though. Maybe they underrate him because he plays for the Hawks or because he is not consistent in the regular season? head-scratching TOs? too much dribbling?

They don't understand that he had/has no ballhandling help and wasn't/isn't able to play very good defense because of that. He has to initiate nearly every play on offense and it forces him to give up certain skills (spot-up shooting and cutting because he has to play on the ball, defense etc.).

For those reasons, I hope that Bembry is ready to be a good ballhandler in this league.

Edited by ISOJOE

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Cosign on the topic. 

I'm not used to fans spreading as much negativity as Atlanta sports fans towards their teams. 

In Germany that's a no no. Fans are there to support and to backup their team not to belittle 

But where's the fun in that???

(hehe)

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden, ISOJOE sagte:

Wow, they are really hating him, smh...

Just about everything with this list is wrong. I'm not bothered if Dennis isn't considered by him because he obviously has no idea.

Lmao Fultz 6 Wiggins 7 are the most obvious. But also rookies like isaac or josh jackson shouldn't be rated that high. Thats a bad bad list

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde, DBac sagte:

Where do yall rank Dennis among the PGs in the NBA?

I don't know whether Sam considered Dennis or not but he turns 24 before the season so that could be a good reason why he's left off.

I'd say arguably 16 or 17th best PG in the league last season. Counting in his playoff performances maybe even 14th or so

• Like 1