• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Remember how some of you were saying that the 1st round pick for Korver would be useless?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Posters like @Hotlanta1981were saying that the pick would be essentially a 2nd round pick and that is was a meaningless trade.  Now what do y'all think???  The Cav's still may make the playoffs next year so the pick will still be in the teens but a near lottery pick for a 35 year old specialty player on the last year of his contract?  Not Bad!  Not Bad at all?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Either LeBron stays and the pick is in the high 20's, or he leaves and they completely tank and the pick is protected (top 10), that goes for 2019 and 2020. Sorry we aren't lucking out and getting the 11th pick in the draft, Gilbert and company are not stupid.

My only revision is I could see the pick being high teens/low 20s if Lebron stays and begins to slip.

• Premium Member

Hawk fan just have to create a narrative that will disavantage the Hawks...its just the culture here for some reason... In this scenario it's got to be that this trade entices LeBron to stay and win the east with a great record or he leaves and they tank.lol! Y'all are hopeless. The most likely scenario is Lebron leaves after this season and Cavs become a middle of the road team.

• Moderators

I'm more positive on the upside of the pick right now.  The protection on it still makes me leery but there is a very realistic scenario where we end up with a mid-round pick.  Probably more likely that they either tank or keep LeBron than they keep trying to win after losing him but it is a real possibility that they do choose to stay in the playoff picture post-LeBron.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Cleveland with or without LeBron still is at worst a top 4 team in the east.  

Eh, no.

Cleveland without LeBron right now is not a playoff team.  That team is something like 4-28 over the past 3 seasons when LeBron isn't in the line up.   I'm actually more concerned that they will end up picking in the top 10 than if LeBron leaves than I am concerned with getting a pick that is 26th or so in the draft.

The Cavs are old and expensive m as hell. If Lebron leaves you best believe they are gonna scale it all the way back. They're paying a crazy amount of luxury tax right now. That involves letting IT walk and trading KLove. Gotta hope Lebron stays or the Cavs stupidly try to re-up their guys. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, DBac said:

The Cavs are old and expensive m as hell. If Lebron leaves you best believe they are gonna scale it all the way back. They're paying a crazy amount of luxury tax right now. That involves letting IT walk and trading KLove. Gotta hope Lebron stays or the Cavs stupidly try to re-up their guys. 

So let me get this straight...if LeBron leaves, the Cavs just up and trade everyone for nothing in return so they can be a lottery team? Oh O.K.

44 minutes ago, DBac said:

They aren't going to be able to sucker anyone into taking that Tristan Thompson deal, and they have tried to deal Love but have found few takers.  

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They aren't going to be able to sucker anyone into taking that Tristan Thompson deal, and they have tried to deal Love but have found few takers.  

They have found few takers for Love on a deal that would look good to LeBron.  A deal in a rebuilding mode would have very different requirements.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think most of their trade discusssions with Love have come in deals where they are trying to land players like Butler or Anthony. 

• Like 2

I did not like trading Korver simply because I think he is a high character vet who brings more than just 12 PPG to the table. But, for the sake of making the team better for the long term the trade might be worth it.

No guarantees with any picks, so being 100% sure the trade was worth it is still a couple of years away.

Edited by Buzzard