• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI & ESPN Top 100 Player Rankings (Dennis in)

AHF

• Moderators

ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank76100/nbarank-players-76-100

96. Dennis Schröder

Daniel Shirey/Getty Images

Stats & Info: With the departure of Paul Millsap, Dennis Schröder is now the leader of a rebuilding Hawks franchise and a prime candidate for catchy yet empty box score stats in 2017-18. In 755 minutes he played without Millsap last season, Schröder averaged just under 22 points and eight assists per 36 minutes. Unfortunately for the Hawks, they were outscored by 7.5 points per 100 possessions during that time, a number that would have ranked dead last in the NBA.

Sports Illustrated

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/11/top-100-nba-players-2018-list-rankings

76. DENNIS SCHRÖDER, HAWKS

Not every productive sub can assume starting duties without missing a beat. Schröder pulled it off, all while scoring more often and more efficiently than he did previously. His 2016-17 season was an achievement of scale—proof that Schröder was ready for a different level of responsibility and consideration. The Hawks had asked more of him by trading away Jeff Teague. Schröder, by most metrics, delivered.

It’s reasonable to wonder, however, just how much further Schöder (17.9 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 6.3 APG) can go within this sort of role. His credentials off the dribble speak for themselves; only Isaiah Thomas averaged more drives to the basket, per NBA.com, and yet Schöder still converted 50.4% of his shots off those drives. What’s off is his sense of timing. Schröder is a reasonably effective playmaker who tends to irk his teammates by when he chooses to pass and when he does not. Lobs are sometimes thrown a beat too late. Shooters who were open just a moment previously find themselves covered once Schöder finally decides to send the ball their way. Schöder just isn’t a natural playmaker. Passing is a part of his game born of expectation rather than instinct. Other players have forged fine careers playing that way, though it does curb Schröder’s ability to actually lift an offense with his play. — RM

96th is a little low I think, but at least he is ranked one spot better than Dirk... Don't expect any Hawks player to be ranked higher, I just hope Dennis can improve, Baze performs like he is payed, Belli spaces the floor for Dennis, Prince continues Luke hin finished, Collins puts everbody on a poster, Bud coaches like the CotY he was and Hawks will win much more than expected. Maybe this year an over bet should be placed...

Edited by rd79

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Yeah - I didn't get that at all.  Last year the same people ranked him #91 and he did pretty much exactly what should have been expected from him as a positive regular season and outperformed pretty much every expectation in the post-season.  And they dropped him 5 spots?  I don't get it other than as an acknowledgment that they expect the Hawks to stink this season and therefore cloak everyone on the roster with the stamp of irrelevance.

Bingo.  Back to the cellar of publicity from anyone.

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I am not the biggest Dennis fan but 96 is too low ... I mean they put James Johnson, offensive sieve Andre Roberson and Pat Patterson.  All nice role players for your team but would I rather them then Dennis?  No

I don't think he played that good last year outside of the playoffs and don't think he has the supporting cast for it this year. This is the perfect range. 

10 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Its more the players ahead of him ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly....my problem is who was put in front of him. Well now we know the NBA definitely doesn't respect Dennis's talents. 

Hes a very young player that's only going to get better. There's questions about his playmaking decisions more so than his ability and I believe that's why his rank is low....however with a team that fits Buds system a lot better than last year it will be interesting to see how Dennis re adjust him self. 

The playoffs were inspiring enough for me to believe he can still become an top 10 PG in this league.

Edited by JTB

I agree with both breakdowns as far as Dennis.  The SI list flows a lot better in terms of eye test but ESPN skews toward defensive metrics (Roberson) of which I'm usually an advocate.  I can deal with Mirotic and Oladipo being overrated, cannot with Gasol and D'Angelo Russell.

Edited by benhillboy

vor 5 Stunden, benhillboy sagte:

I agree with both breakdowns as far as Dennis.  The SI list flows a lot better in terms of eye test but ESPN skews toward defensive metrics (Roberson) of which I'm usually an advocate.  I can deal with Mirotic and Oladipo being overrated, cannot with Gasol and D'Angelo Russell.

96 is quite low considering that there are 150 Starters in the nba, and probadly in average 1 bench dude with roughly the same minutes and resposibility for each team we are at 180 players. And most likely the best Hawk is below average?