• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Revisitation: Dennis vs D8....

Diesel

• Premium Member

This summer, Dwight Howard was traded for Hwy Snacks.  Many people praised the move saying that we got rid of a Lockerroom cancer,  After that the Hawks players voted Dwight Howard (teammate of the year).   Which flies in the face of all the fans who tried to start a false narrative.  This even goes for those fans who have widely read blogs.   However, the incident in question was Howard's ability to not get along with Dennis.   Dennis wouldn't pass to him.   Dennis wouldn't run Bud's offense.  And when Howard was traded, many said that he was a bad fit.   

Well, it's time to revisit.   Now, it's evident that Dennis shared a greater amount of the blame than many knew... why do I say this?  Because he's still doing the same thing.. Not playing defense and making bad decisions on offense .

so Now... I want to visit the mind of Schlenk.   Did Schlenk move Howard because nobody wanted Dennis?  Or was it Schlenk's hope that he could get rid of Paul, Dennis, D8, and Baze but just couldn't find a deal for Dennis and Baze?

Lastly.  Does the fact that Bud tells Dennis that he's "the guy" and Schlenk probably wanted to get rid of him say anything about Bud and Schlenk's relationship?

It used to be that Dec 15 was the day that FAs signed over the summer could be traded.   With Dec. 15 coming up, might we see Dennis moved for some hwy snacks?

Do you think Dennis will make it pass the trade deadline in Feb?

Oh my god, please go be a freaking Charlotte Dwight Howard's fan and freaking leave this board ALONE.

Dwight Howard and the Charlotte Hornets have been a bad team. He has not saved them like you thought they would, so I suppose it's now Kemba Walker's fault they're bad with your agenda?

Don't give me the bull that it's Dwight Howard as the best player on that team and it's everyone else's fault they suck. It's not. He is stinking it up there and dragging Charlotte down. 

Edited by Lurker

My first post has nothing to do with Dennis btw.

Dennis is viewed as a lazy, selfish, brat around the league, for more than just on the court. If you were to try to trade him, you'd get JACK DIDDLY SQUAT.

This is why he's still on the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if Schlenk just RELEASES him next offseason. Because he'd get NOTHING for him period.

This doesn't change my feelings on Dwight. Dwight too, is a selfish, worthless BRAT.

Being honest the only part of that trade I still intensely dislike is swapping picks because Jordan Bell was ours if Schlenk would have pulled that particular trigger. Plumlee's price tag is really painful but when on the floor effort is not a question with him and his hops are very entertaining so I'm not as down about him at this point. Marco in the package I have liked the whole time. So for me I'll definitely keep Dennis and Charlotte can have their D8.  

• Like 3

I mean the deal isn't as horrible as it is made out to be. Dwight stinks once again. He simply demands to many changes in a teams philosophy to give full effort.

WE have Plumlord and BellyNelly. One of the best bench scorers in the league and a starter in Plumlord (Lol). No but on the real Plumlord isn't playing as bad as I thought and BellyNelly can possibly give us a late first rounder in December. 

Dwight for a late first + Plumlord? I'll take it any day of the week

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Oh my god, please go be a freaking Charlotte Dwight Howard's fan and freaking leave this board ALONE.

Dwight Howard and the Charlotte Hornets have been a bad team. He has not saved them like you thought they would, so I suppose it's now Kemba Walker's fault they're bad with your agenda?

Don't give me the bull that it's Dwight Howard as the best player on that team and it's everyone else's fault they suck. It's not. He is stinking it up there and dragging Charlotte down. 

Saw the same thing with Millsap. 

If you have Millsap and Dwight to throw it to, you should not lead the team in FGAs..

Dennis 1214 FGA

Sap  972 FGA

D8  613 FGA 

Just for a reference, Lebron took 1344 Shots.   Paul George 1348 shots. 

I see it as if Dennis is not getting the most shots, he will not be happy.   He calls his own number more than anybody else's .

vor 2 Minuten, Diesel sagte:

If you have Millsap and Dwight to throw it to, you should not lead the team in FGAs..

Dennis 1214 FGA

Sap  972 FGA

D8  613 FGA 

I see it as if Dennis is not getting the most shots, he will not be happy.   He calls his own number more than anybody else's .

Millsap was never a remotely efficient scorer 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Dennis is the best player on this team and I hope he’s here to stay.

So in other words, you hope that we don't find a player who can be better than him??  what's the point in going into the lottery?  Just like he plays the game, he will say forget the team concept, I will move these players around so that I can get what I want.   Do you think he will develop anybody?  I fear for Collins.. He is an actual winner but Dennis will not allow him to be that and lead this team.. nor will he allow anybody we draft.  Dennis ... Lil Goldie.. wants to be the star. 

Just now, Diesel sagte:

So in other words, you hope that we don't find a player who can be better than him??  what's the point in going into the lottery?  Just like he plays the game, he will say forget the team concept, I will move these players around so that I can get what I want.   Do you think he will develop anybody?  I fear for Collins.. He is an actual winner but Dennis will not allow him to be that and lead this team.. nor will he allow anybody we draft.  Dennis ... Lil Goldie.. wants to be the star. 

He didn't say he doesn't want better players on the team. What he actually said was he wants Dennis to stay because he thinks that he's a good player. 

• Like 1

vor 10 Minuten, Diesel sagte:

Dennis 1214 FGA

Sap  972 FGA

D8  613 FGA 

They are both not nearly as efficient as Dennis is. Go ahead and tell me Howards TS and I'll tell you where he made his shots from and how his whole efficiency will drop with higher usage.

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Dennis 1214 FGA

Sap  972 FGA

D8  613 FGA 

And Dwight Howard being 2nd in usage at Charlotte (for players that have been there all the way) has led to this:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHO/2018.html

Face it dude. You're wrong on Dwight. You may be right on Dennis, but you are completely, 100% wrong on Dwight. Him getting a lot of shots leads to a whole lotta nothing from him and his teams being bad.

It's not the point guard's fault.

It's the fault of....

Dwight Howard.

And it has always been.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

They are both not nearly as efficient as Dennis is. Go ahead and tell me Howards TS and I'll tell you where he made his shots from and how his whole efficiency will drop with higher usage.

Dwight Shot 63.3% from the field.  I don't care if all his points were dunks...  You feed that until the other team stops him.   What you don't do is ignore him.   Same with Paul.  You feed Paul going to the basket.. not when the clock is running down and his man is on him.  Dennis was the cause of Paul's ..."Inefficiency".   It's a wonder that over 1 season, Paul goes from a 47% shooter to a 44 % shooter.   Either Teague and Horford was better at getting Sap the Ball in his spots or Sap was rapidly declining.   Funny thing is that Sap went to a new team and even though we don't have a large sampling.. his shooting % improved.  That's not the sign of a player in rapid decline. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Dwight Shot 63.3% from the field.  I don't care if all his points were dunks...  You feed that until the other team stops him.   What you don't do is ignore him.   Same with Paul.  You feed Paul going to the basket.. not when the clock is running down and his man is on him.  Dennis was the cause of Paul's ..."Inefficiency".   It's a wonder that over 1 season, Paul goes from a 47% shooter to a 44 % shooter.   Either Teague and Horford was better at getting Sap the Ball in his spots or Sap was rapidly declining.   Funny thing is that Sap went to a new team and even though we don't have a large sampling.. his shooting % improved.  That's not the sign of a player in rapid decline. 

Well, it was, because Charlotte is *******feeding******* Dwight more and its led to him being more inefficient and turning it over. Dwight has been just as worthless for Charlotte as he was for Atlanta and your foolish self can't admit that today's version of Dwight is horrible and completely washed up.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2