• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rising Stars Game: Who's In?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Only 20 names will get called for the All-Star Weekend game featuring rookies 'n sophomores, so I think it'll be okay if Malcolm Delaney, Isaiah Taylor, DeAndre' Bembry and Tyler Cavanaugh forgot to charge their phones while waiting for calls ahead of the 6 PM announcement on NBATV.

I assume they'll continue resuming with USA vs. World as the format, so here are my hunches. (rookies in Bold)

USA

G - Lonzo Ball, Dennis Smith, Kris Dunn

G - Donovan Mitchell, Malcolm Brogdon

F/C - Jayson Tatum, Brandon Ingram

F/C - Kyle Kuzma, Bam Adebayo

F/C - JOHN COLLINS

(Missing out: Caris LeVert, Denzel Valentine, De'Aaron Fox, Jaylen Brown, Taurean Prince)

On the guard side of things, Dunn (concussion, dental work) could be out for awhile and might just go ahead and decline his invitation. Lonzo (knee) will probably show up at least for PR purposes, but might not actually play. Should Taurean get picked outright, or at least get the nod as a USA Team replacement?

World

G - Ben Simmons, Frank Ntilikina

G - Jamal Murray, Buddy Hield

F/C - Dario Saric, OG Anunoby

F/C - Lauri Markkanen, Domantas Sabonis

F/C - Joel Embiid, Pascal Siakam

(Missing out: Bogdan Bogdanovic)

I don't know if Embiid will decline his invite, given he'll want to save his energies for the Big Game on Sunday. But if he plays, it would be almost unfair for Collins and a thin USA frontline to have to match up with him. Team World is also sophomore heavy and I'd assume they'd have the advantage with as many as five of them (incl. 2017 MVP Murray) having played together last year. But take Embiid out of the equation and it's more of a wash.

As for Taurean, yesterday, the wing man offered up a cryptic suggestion, that he might have a whole different contest in mind for All-Star Weekend.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, High5 said:

Damn, Collins is the only PF or C on the roster. Against Embiid/Saric/Markkanen/Sabonis. Even Simmons is bigger than everyone else on USA. Good thing these games are track meets.

Kuzma and he will have their hands full.  Hopefully Embiid will pass for the big boy event.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No offense to Prince but those Sophomores from USA are better 

Can't argue with that! Among the USA sophomore snubs, I've got Caris LeVert and Denzel Valentine ahead of Taurean as well, especially with the latter's recent consistency struggles. (side note: TP deleted his tweet hinting about the three-point contest... good move, sir!)

Kris Dunn looks like he might indeed need a replacement, but a logical alternative, rather than Valentine, might be their teammate, L.A. native David Nwaba.

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Alex said:

No Denzel.  Not interested.  

The guy who is 12th in his class in win shares and 23rd in his class in WS/48?  The guy with the career PER less than 10?  

Clearly didn't deserve to be there.

Enjoy watching JJJ make his run at the team the next two years.  He looks like a better candidate.

I'm gonna enjoy some John Collins baptisms.