• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Butler out 4-6 weeks but back for playoffs.

thecampster

I still think they make the playoffs. They may fall to 6tb or 7tv place in the West.   Looks like Jamal & Andrew are taking more shots with Butler being out. Craw had 19 off the bench in their win last night.  I also think Teague is healthy now more so than when they  played us.

Towns will pick up production but ultimately depending on Wiggins and Teague to be better is a lost cause.  Watchig their scoreboard will be fun, watching the team won’t be.  

Butler has sacrificed some defensive dominance in order to become better offensively (to my chagrin). Taj can pick up his slack somewhat if he balls out but they will not replace Butler’s 6 made FTs a game.  That’s gonna hurt.

Edited by benhillboy

My goodness did you all see how Phoenix just gave that game away last night. They are tanking without any shame.  i hope the t-wolves hit the skid for the sake of getting a good pick out.  I am just curious as too who is everyone tanking for because there appears to be no consensus number #1. Ayton reminds me of  Michael Olawakandi.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

My goodness did you all see how Phoenix just gave that game away last night. They are tanking without any shame.  i hope the t-wolves hit the skid for the sake of getting a good pick out.  I am just curious as too who is everyone tanking for because there appears to be no consensus number #1. Ayton reminds me of  Michael Olawakandi.

I feel you.  Lord knows the Suns would be even worse (is that even possible?) with another wet-behind-the-ears 19 year old starting, regardless of his talent.  A damn NCAA scandal might mar your first round pick’s rookie season anyway.  Sh@t is way past needing reform.

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I feel you.  Lord knows the Suns would be even worse (is that even possible?) with another wet-behind-the-ears 19 year old starting, regardless of his talent.  A damn NCAA scandal might mar your first round pick’s rookie season anyway.  Sh@t is way past needing reform.

The best way to stop this crap is to eliminate the draft and give each team a pool of money to recruit the players entering the league.

Actually, I'm in favor of each team setting up club academies similar to what the club teams in Europe have.  Allow these teams to recruit the top players when they are 15-16 years of age and pay them to play on the club team.  This way, you control their development.  It eliminates the AAU culture, and it gives teams a chance to develop young talent without having to put them on the NBA roster.

I'm also in favor of the NBA taking draft picks away from teams that tank as well.  I personally feel the Hawks should lose their top draft pick for what Travis Schlenk has done to this organization.

50 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I think it is unfair to compare Ayton to Olawakandi.  Yeah he is raw but he seems to be making some strides in his game.  Ayton I's a better athelte & has quicker feet than the what  Candyman had.

On a side note, Aaron Brooks is still alive.  Always liked him, I can see how he could get some extra run with Butler gone and Teague spacing out from time to time.  Barely playing now but still shooting a respectable .431 and .333.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Luckily this happened when they are in the playoff hunt. It also helps he will be coming back too. The team has had enough success this year to know that they can win, and there aren’t too many games left so you can have guys step up and play above their heads for 10-15 games. They also know that he will be back, so you play hard to just get to the playoffs. I think they will finish around 6/7 when it’s all said and done.