• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

capstone21

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is your hope, Hawks fans.  After 13 years in the lottery, Minnesota has finally gotten off the treadmill.  How long they stay off that treadmill is anyone's guess.  They made their first mistake by giving Andrew Wiggins that big extension that he isn't worth.

Image result for not now gif

:cool:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is your hope, Hawks fans.  After 13 years in the lottery, Minnesota has finally gotten off the treadmill.  How long they stay off that treadmill is anyone's guess.  They made their first mistake by giving Andrew Wiggins that big extension that he isn't worth.

6-ers won 10 games 2 years ago and just might make it to the ECFs this year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Pretty sure Denver missing the playoffs despite growth from the rest of the roster makes that case more eloquently than I can.

I think the fact they won 61% of the games Paul started suggests otherwise.  With a healthy Paul, Denver wins 50 and are the #3 seed in the West.

1 minute ago, hazer said:

6-ers won 10 games 2 years ago and just might make it to the ECFs this year.

They will be one and done in the playoffs.  The playoffs aren't kind to young players who don't know how to properly play the game.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think the fact they won 61% of the games Paul started suggests otherwise.  With a healthy Paul, Denver wins 50 and are the #3 seed in the West.

They will be one and done in the playoffs.  The playoffs aren't kind to young players who don't know how to properly play the game.

Paul played very mediocre this year by every measure and was hurt most of the year.  That is a fail by every measure.  You are arguing they would have been 4 games better if healthy.  That isn't a 30M player.

on 76ers, pretty sure you predicted them missing the playoffs not having home court advantage.

• Like 4

Just now, Peoriabird said:

When are you ever going t admit you're wrong about something???

Millsap didn't help a better roster to the playoffs this year

We didn't lose our Minnesota pick like you want us to so badly

The Hawks didn't lose 60 games this year

Bud isn't going anyway and is looking forward to coaching the young players in the future

Giannis ain't winning a playoff series this year either.

The Nuggets won 61% of the games Paul Millsap started in.  That means he definitely helped improve that team despite the fact that he missed 40 something odd games on the year.  

I never said I wanted the Hawks to lose the pick.  I said it would be poetic justice since Schlenk didn't even attempt to bring Paul back.

The Hawks lost 58 games this year, and my prediction was 59 losses.  

Read the article.  Bud never denied that he is thinking about leaving the Hawks.  

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Pretty sure Denver missing the playoffs despite growth from the rest of the roster makes that case more eloquently than I can.

And in all seriousness, I like Sap but fit wasn't right.  Owner wanted to rebuild and Sap isn't enough of a difference maker or young enough to build around.  His play last year wasn't worth 30M and he didn't give close to that in value this year.  He was only going to fit on a team with championship aspirations or a team that thought he was a difference maker for them.  The Hawks don't fit either of those categories so just wish him the best -- except in games like tonight where his success comes at a detriment to the Hawks.  In that case, I root for the Hawks.

As the Nuggs are my #2 team...Millsap staying healthy for even 70 games means Denver makes the playoffs. He absolutely raised the players around him. And also to be fair if Jimmy B hadn't gotten hurt on 3 separate times this past season the Wolves would have finished with well over 50 wins. If both guys had stayed healthy it probably would have been the Pelicans and Spurs fighting for the eight spot.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When are you ever going to admit you're wrong about something???

Never, you’re wasting your time...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It doesn't really matter at this point.  The Hawks are a sub 25 win team that is going to be even worse next year, and they have no hope of actually winning anytime soon, so you guys have gotten what you wanted.

I think we could be better next year with a good off-season. Let's say we move up and get one of the Bridges or get lucky, Shai falls to us at 18 or 19. Let's say we Bagley and sign DeAndre Jordan. We are in place to be one of the better teams in the East next year. On top of that, we got three players with good to elite potential and we have vets who are win now. 

We aren't that far from Miami or Washington. Hell, we aren't that far from Indy or Milwaukee. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

AHF wants us to stop taking shots at each other. I feel you at times on this but KB is a good dude in general. 

I'm not taking a personal shot at the person. Just the poster. Diesel gets called out like crazy for being a glorified [EDIT: GUESS WHAT WORD I JUST EDITED AGAIN??? ~lw3] and someone that chases agendas like mad. KB21 is no different.

• Like 2

Get one of the best players in the class: Bagley, Ayton or  Doncic. 

Move up to get one of the Bridges who are great fits in our system. 

Sign D. Jordan or J.J. Redick who can play a super Korver or Jordan can play a super Dedmon without the range of course. 

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ptretty sure Minnesota can make that claim before butler injury they were third or fourth.