• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis makes list of most efficient one on one scorers this season

JTB

While it’s a down season for sure at least Dennis made a list I feel is very impressive and shows how much he has improved as an individual scorer ....even more impressive that there are only 5 other teams that run less iso than us so that means Dennis took great advantage of his opportunities to go one on one when given the chance 

http://hoopshype.com/2018/03/13/best-isolation-scorers-nba-james-harden-chris-paul-houston-rockets/

• Like 1

Just now, Lurker said:

I'm done with him. He should have never been the guy at PG that was kept. Neither should Teague have been, to be honest.

But still, cue @Diesel to talk to you about how one on one scoring is worse than worthless trash.

Lol unfortunately I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Regardless on how one feels about isolation scoring it’s always going to be needed in any system no matter how much the ball is shared , you will always need a few guys on the team who can take advantage of one on one basketball.

thats not to say we need to depend on isolation...no sir ! ...of course no doubt Continue the spurs like offensive ball and player movement as the go to offense every time down the court and when the team needs to be picked up as a whole that’s when your iso player need to be smart enough to realize he need to come alive to give his team a spark.

Dennis has improved a lot on his maturity, his mid range, his playmaking skills, and has now become a more efficient one on one scorer. All he is truly missing is the 3 ball but that’s not something I don’t think he CAN’T improve on fairly quick . Defense will get back on point as a team...there’s no reason for Schlenk to not keep this guy and build WITH him (not around him)

I do agree. Dennis has shown that he is a top 20 NBA PG and a starter. His personality and his maturity is what he needs to improve next. 

Dennis needs very strong leadership from all corners of an organization.  Never had that.  He’s a dog for sure, but never a leader.  I don’t know why but I envision him in a Heat uniform.  He’s basically Dragic without the size and strength yet younger, quicker, and less injury-prone.

Edited by benhillboy

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Dennis needs very strong leadership from all corners of an organization.  Never had that.  He’s a dog for sure, but never a leader.  I don’t know why but I envision him in a Heat uniform.  He’s basically Dragic without the size and strength yet younger, quicker, and less injury-prone.

He's a strange player. He does a number of things exceptionally well but he does some things exceptionally bad. His personality is his real flaw.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a strange player. He does a number of things exceptionally well but he does some things exceptionally bad. His personality is his real flaw.

My thoughts, on Menace, exactly.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah that pretty much sums up Dennis honestly lol. If he played with another all star player(s) some of those bad things he tends to do would likely wouldn’t be seen, however being the main focal point offensively causes more mistakes to happen for younger upcoming players like Dennis.

as far as his personality goes I was probably rubbed the wrong way by Teagues personality (too passive at too many important times in my opinion) and the “bad ass cocky” personality Dennis presents was a breath of fresh air but that’s just my opinion. Sometimes it’s good to be a cocky player...worked out for Westbrook and he too makes many great and questionable plays.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Dragic is a much better shooter though.  I would have traded Schröder straight up for Dragic (plus whatever guys are needed to make the cap swap even.)

Edited by Watchman

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Yeah that pretty much sums up Dennis honestly lol. If he played with another all star player(s) some of those bad things he tends to do would likely wouldn’t be seen, however being the main focal point offensively causes more mistakes to happen for younger upcoming players like Dennis.

as far as his personality goes I was probably rubbed the wrong way by Teagues personality (too passive at too many important times in my opinion) and the “bad ass cocky” personality Dennis presents was a breath of fresh air but that’s just my opinion. Sometimes it’s good to be a cocky player...worked out for Westbrook and he too makes many great and questionable plays.

Schröder is nowhere near the same level of Westbrook.