• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder: Dwight Howard Only Plays Well Against Former Teams

Wurider05

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

What contributes More to losing?  I introduce.. THE BOTTOM Six.

Team                Def Rebounding           3PTers Made

Memphis            #29                              #24

Phoenix               #17                              #23

Atlanta               #26                               #10

Orlando             #25                               #17

Sacramento       #30                               #25

Dallas                #21                               #6

It don't take a whole lot of figuring here.  You can be pretty good at making three point shots, but if you can't get a rebound, you're sunk. 

Who gives a crap about the league losers?  All that tells me is if I want to tank it helps to play terrible defense and give the other team second chance points on top of it.  Probably not saying anything anyone doesn't know.

3pt numbers for the elite again:  #1, #3, #4, #5, #7

Defensive Rebounding:  #2, #6, #10, #14, #18

• Like 2

Diesel none of your arguments make any sense George Hill STARTING PG for the jazz a year ago signed for 10 million a year with the Kings why can't we get vets like that to sign with us I'm still waiting on your response?

Edited by davis171

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who gives a crap about the league losers?  All that tells me is if I want to tank it helps to play terrible defense and give the other team second chance points on top of it.  Probably not saying anything anyone doesn't know.

3pt numbers for the elite again:  #1, #3, #4, #5, #7

Defensive Rebounding:  #2, #6, #10, #14, #18

Without Defensiving rebounding, you  lose.   plan and simple.   We were Number 10 in 3 pters made... Dallas was #6 in 3pter made... Both of us are in the lottery...  That's why you should give a crap.  It suggests that your theory about 3 pt shooting being more important than rebounding is a pisspoor theory. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Diesel none of your arguments make any sense George Hill STARTING PG for the jazz a year ago signed for 10 million a year with the Kings why can't we get vets like that to sign with us I'm still waiting on your response?

You just ignore the truth.   George Hill was starting until Shelvin Mack replaced him.   That's Fact.  Even in the playoffs, Mack Replaced a Healthy George because he could get Utah into their offense better.   Facts. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You just ignore the truth.   George Hill was starting until Shelvin Mack replaced him.   That's Fact.  Even in the playoffs, Mack Replaced a Healthy George because he could get Utah into their offense better.   Facts. 

He started every game and then got injured you are literally delusional! They won a playoff series with him and then he got hurt! I've seriously never seen anything so dumb. You are ignoring the truth... 35 MPG 2nd on team 15 ppg 2nd on team led the team in apg please just shut up if you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by davis171

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Without Defensiving rebounding, you  lose.   plan and simple.   We were Number 10 in 3 pters made... Dallas was #6 in 3pter made... Both of us are in the lottery...  That's why you should give a crap.  It suggests that your theory about 3 pt shooting being more important than rebounding is a pisspoor theory. 

Neither team is in the top 10 in 3pt%.  Again, you are looking for teams who are elite in volume and percentage.

There is no single number that has a perfect correlation but the correlation is much higher for elite 3pt teams than any other metric today.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, davis171 said:
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Neither team is in the top 10 in 3pt%.  Again, you are looking for teams who are elite in volume and percentage.

There is no single number that has a perfect correlation but the correlation is much higher for elite 3pt teams than any other metric today.

So what you do is just change the premise.   A moment ago, I mentioned 3pt% and you made the argument about 3pters made.  Now I mentioned 3 pters made, and you're back to 3 pt%.. which is it.   So either Atlanta and Dallas 10 ten in 3 pters made or Sacramento =#2 and Detroit and Denver = #6 and #7 in 3pt%... or neither because it stands strongly against your argument.   If it's the latter, then you're not about truth. 

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So what you do is just change the premise.   A moment ago, I mentioned 3pt% and you made the argument about 3pters made.  Now I mentioned 3 pters made, and you're back to 3 pt%.. which is it.   So either Atlanta and Dallas 10 ten in 3 pters made or Sacramento =#2 and Detroit and Denver = #6 and #7 in 3pt%... or neither because it stands strongly against your argument.   If it's the latter, then you're not about truth. 

4 hours ago, AHF said:

You know the Kings are 25th in the league in made 3pters, right?  

The teams that are top 10 in both 3pt made and 3pt% are the Warriors, the Cavs, the Rockets and the Celtics.  Those teams have the #1, #2, #4, and #5 best records.  The #3 record is Toronto which is #4 in 3pt made but not in the top 10 for %.

Only 1 team in the top 14 for rebounding is among this group, the #4 Celtics.  None of the top 14 teams in offensive rebounding are among the top teams in the league.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

So what about Denver?  Lottery bound.   But they match YOUR stat.  They are also 19th in Def. Rebounding.   What I'm saying is that Def. Rebounding and FG% is a better predictor to how well or poorly your team will fair.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So what about Denver?  Lottery bound.   But they match YOUR stat.  They are also 19th in Def. Rebounding.   What I'm saying is that Def. Rebounding and FG% is a better predictor to how well or poorly your team will fair.

Golden State rocked at all of it last year #1 or #2 in every category we are talking about.

Cleveland was clearly stronger in 3pt numbers when they won in 2016 as #2 in 3pm, #7 in 3pt%, #9 in FG%, #9 in DRB

For this year, I see the championship odds being #1 GS, #2 Hou, #3 Cle - they are:

3pm:  #1, #3, #7

3pt%:  #1, #8, #10

FG%:  #1, #5, #13

DRB:  #2, #10, #18

I'd be more curious to see a TS% ranking than FG%.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think this now needs to be called the AgendaSquawk. I see I missed Comedy Central today with Diesel still being 100% wrong on everything.

He is right that defensive rebounding is important.  Just think he is not sufficiently weighting the importance of high volume, high efficiency 3pt shooting in the current state of the game.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

He is right that defensive rebounding is important.  Just think he is not sufficiently weighting the importance of high volume, high efficiency 3pt shooting in the current state of the game.

I recognize that High volume, high efficiency 3 pt shooting has value, but I don't think it means as much if you can't rebound. 

In 2014, we were 2nd overall in 3 pt%, we were 5th overall in 3pters made... and we were 22nd overall in Defensive rebounds and we were crushed by Cleveland who destroyed us On 2nd chance attempts.   Whereas GS were 1st in 3pters made, 2nd in 3pt%, and 4th in dRebs... There's a difference.  That year, we would use our threes as a weapon, but our rebounds was our biggest weakness. 

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, High5 said:

It's kind of funny that the same day you guys are arguing over Dwight's value he misses his first game of the season and the Hornets win by 61.

Howard didn't play but they handily outrebounded the Grizz 53-38.  That's what we're talking about. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:33 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Right on cue

The Hornets record is no better with him this year than it was  without him last year. Putting up numbers doesn't make you good... Helping teams win does.  Howard's numbers are hollow. 

He is a big dumb retard with a low IQ.  A garbage stat padder black hole like Reef was.

Edited by Plainview1981

5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The Hornets record is no better with him this year than it was  without him last year. Putting up numbers doesn't make you good... Helping teams win does.  Howard's numbers are hollow. 

He is a big dumb retard with a low IQ.  A garbage stat padder black hole like Reef was.

Seriously... You have a team that wins 36 games.... You spend 20 million or whatever is to bring in a player.... I don't think you expect to be on pace to win the same number of games after doing that. I don't see how that can be looked at as a success.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Seriously... You have a team that wins 36 games.... You spend 20 million or whatever is to bring in a player.... I don't think you expect to be on pace to win the same number of games after doing that. I don't see how that can be looked at as a success.

IF championships were about money spent, then we would have won one a long time ago.   Unfortunately, the work of the GM isn't about going out and spending the most money and the more you spend, the better you team will be... NO..  The job of the GM is to find the best combination to win with.   Secondly.  Howard is not a doctor.   He cannot make Batum as Healthy this year as he was last year.

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

IF championships were about money spent, then we would have won one a long time ago.   Unfortunately, the work of the GM isn't about going out and spending the most money and the more you spend, the better you team will be... NO..  The job of the GM is to find the best combination to win with.   Secondly.  Howard is not a doctor.   He cannot make Batum as Healthy this year as he was last year.

There is always the injury excuse. If Batum is the best excuse they have for not winning... Well, they're not much of a team.

How many times does this guy (Howard) have to fail before people admit that he is a failure? He has been good for maybe one season since he left Orlando years ago. He can't pass out of double teams, he doesn't have many skills in the post, he can't shoot free throws and his athletic ability is on the decline. Plus, he is a degenerate fake Christian also.

Edited by Plainview1981