• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

@KB21 already knows what you just posted...I covered it with him weeks ago...There is something else going on here...Is KB21 a real person or just a computer program designed to keep posters interested in the Hawks?  Never mind, A computer know more.

It must be a bot created by the Mods here to keep all of these threads active. That's the only explanation. LOL

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Whatever you want to think.  It doesn't change the fact that Boston in fact did not tank their team out, and they also didn't try to "build through the draft".  

So how did they go from being a playoff team to winning 25 games then?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Injuries to Avery Bradley, Gerald Wallace, Jared Sullinger.

In the 2013-14 season

Jared Sullinger played 74 games the season before he averaged 6 ppg

Avery Bradley played 60 games the season before he averaged 9 ppg

Gerald Wallace played 58 games...The season before he averaged 7.7 ppg

So these were the players that were going to get Boston to the playoffs??? 

So how are they different than Dennis Schröder, Bazemore, Dedmon, Taurean Prince and Collins?  Heck I'll even throw Moose in there since its taking you so long to answer

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

In the 2013-14 season

Jared Sullinger played 74 games the season before he average 6 ppg

Avery Bradley played 60 games the season before he average 9 ppg

Gerald Wallace played 58 games...The season before he average 7.7 ppg

So these were the players that were going to get Boston to the playoffs???  So how are they different that Dennis Schröder, Bazemore and Taurean Prince and Collins?

In someones world, Ainge had no idea they would suck and he was thinking Eastern Conference Finals or bust! ( sarcasm )

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CBAreject said:

Tonight’s Grizzlies-Kings game is big for us.  We need the Grizz to win so that we will at least get a tie for 2nd if we lose out.  

Who is going to be coaching this draft pick after Bud leaves?

1 minute ago, CBAreject said:

Don’t know, but that has nothing to do with needing this pick to be as high as possible.  

This pick being as high as possible is the reason the Hawks are going to lose their already great head coach.  Now you have to convince someone to take this job to lose.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

This pick being as high as possible is the reason the Hawks are going to lose their already great head coach.  Now you have to convince someone to take this job to lose.

Let's pretend we got Millsap, what's stopping him from leaving? I remember you being one of the ones who didn't like my pay it all to Horford movement. Why the sudden change?

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let's pretend we got Millsap, what's stopping him from leaving? I remember you being one of the ones who didn't like my pay it all to Horford movement. Why the sudden change?

The fact that he wouldn't have been in a tanking situation.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Fair point but unrelated.  My point is that we should root for Memphis to win.  Surely you don’t intend to argue that we need Memphis to lose so that we will pick one spot lower so Bud will say “huh if we’d had the second pick I’d have left, but we got the third pick because Memphis lost, so I guess I’ll have to stay”?   Surely not, KB.  

2 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

Fair point but unrelated.  My point is that we should root for Memphis to win.  Surely you don’t intend to argue that we need Memphis to lose so that we will pick one spot lower so Bud will say “huh if we’d had the second pick I’d have left, but we got the third pick because Memphis lost, so I guess I’ll have to stay”?   Surely not, KB.  

He's going to leave either way, so it doesn't matter.

• Premium Member
On 4/4/2018 at 6:54 PM, AHF said:

It is picking up cost controlled players but that doesn't determine your total payroll.  The Rams are loading up on expensive vets right now in the NFL because they have some key players on cost controlled contracts.  If we keep adding salary (live or dead), then that isn't running on the cheap even if we have a bunch of guys on 1st round contracts.  Whether we run on the cheap or not depends on the total player expense line on the budget.  This year -- not run on the cheap.  Next year and the years to come?  We'll see.

If the cost controlled players take up spots... then yes.. it does make you run on the cheap... by proxy.   The difference between basketball and football.  Basketball got guaranteed contracts.   We have players who hold spots.    This year we are slated to have 3 1st round picks.  Next year add 2 more... that's 5 roster spots.   That leaves 9 more spots.   I don;t see them breaking the bank to go after a big time free agent with this many young guys. 

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If the cost controlled players take up spots... then yes.. it does make you run on the cheap... by proxy.   The difference between basketball and football.  Basketball got guaranteed contracts.   We have players who hold spots.    This year we are slated to have 3 1st round picks.  Next year add 2 more... that's 5 roster spots.   That leaves 9 more spots.   I don;t see them breaking the bank to go after a big time free agent with this many young guys. 

Oh, I know they aren't going to spend big to bring in a free agent.  They have around $71 million in cash considerations for 2018-2019 at this point, and that number drops to $56 million in 2019-2020.  They will fill the roster out over the next two years with rookies and g-league players to keep the cash flow low so Ressler profits in the short term.  

Just now, CBAreject said:

It doesn’t matter whether we pick 1st or 7th?  

After Bud leaves, nope.