• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: I don’t see how Mike Budenholzer can remain Hawks coach

HawkItus

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Porzingis was the 4th pick in the draft and is better than 2 of the players drafted ahead of him, so they didn't "avoid" top picks.

They have avoided top picks the last 3 years.  That covers the 2016, 2017 and 2018 drafts.  (2018 could work out for them but they have put themselves in a place where they won't draft at the top by default.  Odds are low but we'll see if they get lucky.) Porzingis was absolutely the big talent addition to that franchise and the biggest reason for hope.  And you are correct they got him with a top lottery pick.

Love Booker but he isn't a franchise player.  Not close at this stage of his career.

I wish people would stop hyping up Booker so much. He has potential but at this point his ceiling is Lou Williams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Afro said:

It'd be lovely if I could go into a thread that wasn't consumed by KB pouting like a child. 

...and I wish I could have a day in the clinic where I am not confronted by stupidity at all during the day.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

...and I wish I could have a day in the clinic where I am not confronted by stupidity at all during the day.

If you see someone saying Philly won't make the playoffs, won't win 50 games and will get run out of the first round of the playoffs you can click a button to ignore them.  For some posters who get frustrated at other people, this can be a helpful tool.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you see someone saying Philly won't make the playoffs, won't win 50 games and will get run out of the first round of the playoffs you can click a button to ignore them.  For some posters who get frustrated at other people, this can be a helpful tool.

I wasn't talking about the board.  I was talking about my patients.  Unfortunately, I can't click ignore on them.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

I guess I'll need to invest in a strategy that values 32, 31 and 29 wins.  I.e., a lottery team that has put up worse records every year while avoiding top picks in the draft.

Porzingas  played in only 48 games this season.    GTFOH with the thought that  NY is not good because they suck. 

IN the games he played they were 22-26.  They finished the season 29-53.  Natural projection would put them around 39 games won

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Afro said:

It'd be lovely if I could go into a thread that wasn't consumed by KB pouting like a child. 

The mods have been asked more than once about him. For some reason he has immunity. I guess we're all on Survivor and he has immunity. Best thing to do is add him to your ignore list.

• Like 1

But you'd miss all that great content while we're tanking next year???

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

The mods have been asked more than once about him. For some reason he has immunity. I guess we're all on Survivor and he has immunity. Best thing to do is add him to your ignore list.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Afro said:

It's interesting that people come to a discussion board to hear only one point of view.   What's the purpose of the silencing and the name calling?  Instead of that, why don't you just give a basis for what you think and show how it's infallible.  If your thought is not infallible then maybe you can try to hear the parts of KB's thoughts that are valid and give your parts that are valid.  The childish thing is to either take your ball and bat and go home or to start some type of mob campaign against somebody who's argument you disagree with. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Porzingas  played in only 48 games this season.    GTFOH with the thought that  NY is not good because they suck. 

IN the games he played they were 22-26.  They finished the season 29-53.  Natural projection would put them around 39 games won

If he doesn't miss a single game they would project to win 37.5 games based on their results when he was healthy.  That is certainly better than 29 but would not have been close to a playoff team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I can't come up with one reason Schlenk would back off on his demands for assets from teams interested in Bud.  I agree with Schlenk that a 1st round pick should be the absolute minimum asking price.  The Hawks will not benefit what so ever from from cash considerations or a 2nd round pick.  If those demands are not met, then no deal.  Bud is stuck in Atlanta until he can convince another team by being a better coach with the Hawks that he is worth what the Hawks are asking.  I hope that he will be professional enough to do his job is he doesn't get his way.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I can't come up with one reason Schlenk would back off on his demands for assets from teams interested in Bud.  I agree with Schlenk that a 1st round pick should be the absolute minimum asking price.  The Hawks will not benefit what so ever from from cash considerations or a 2nd round pick.  If those demands are not met, then no deal.  Bud is stuck in Atlanta until he can convince another team by being a better coach with the Hawks that he is worth what the Hawks are asking.  I hope that he will be professional enough to do his job is he doesn't get his way.

There's team chemistry reasons but yes, he should absolutely try to trade Bud for whatever the best deal he can get.

At this point I don't want Bud back with this team. He's running around the NBA with his hat in his hands trying to get out of here because he's still pissed he lost his personnel powers. We can't trade our owner so if he and Ressler can't get along then it is for the best for all concerned to trade him for the best value for the Hawks.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's team chemistry reasons but yes, he should absolutely try to trade Bud for whatever the best deal he can get.

At this point I don't want Bud back with this team. He's running around the NBA with his hat in his hands trying to get out of here because he's still pissed he lost his personnel powers. We can't trade our owner so if he and Ressler can't get along then it is for the best for all concerned to trade him for the best value for the Hawks.

If Bud can't do his job here then he won't have a job in 2 years.  Who care whether he doesn't like the Owner?  He was hired he for a specific reason and that is to coach basketball not to rub elbows with the owner.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If Bud can't do his job here then he won't have a job in 2 years.  Who care whether he doesn't like the Owner?  He was hired he for a specific reason and that is to coach basketball not to rub elbows with the owner.

The owner cares if Bud and he can't get along, I assure you. It is pretty obvious Bud is desperate to get out of Atlanta at this point. Schlenk will try to work out a trade for him. It isn't without precedent for a coach wanting out to come back to his team but it is rare.

As a Hawks fan more than a Bud fan, again, I don't want him to come back. While I do think he is a top five coach in the NBA if the guy doesn't want to be here then what else is there to say? I hope we can move him for whatever the best deal we can get.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Afro said:

Exactly the opposite sir. That's kind of the whole point. 

The only viewpoint(in nearly every thread) is KB hating the team, Schlenk, ressler, etc, with a whole bunch of non sequitors thrown in. 

I'd love to have discussion here. That's my issue. We don't, because this back and forth started by KB is pretty much every single discussion. It's tiring. I don't see how you put someone on ignore that dominates 90% of discussion on here.

How much discussion stems from berating everyone into thinking Schlenk and ressler are cheap bastards who are running everything into the ground. I don't come here to discuss how everything sucks and were going to be the worst team forever. I don't see the point. That's all I'm saying. 

You can ignore him and still talk to other people. Trust me, I've had that guy on ignore for months now. Once you realize he's just here to be negative for the sake of being negative then his tired act becomes transparent. Everything the Hawks do is wrong, everything the Hawks want to do is wrong, etc. Yawn. Very obvious what kind of internet behavior that is.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

The owner cares if Bud and he can't get along, I assure you. It is pretty obvious Bud is desperate to get out of Atlanta at this point. Schlenk will try to work out a trade for him. It isn't without precedent for a coach wanting out to come back to his team but it is rare.

As a Hawks fan more than a Bud fan, again, I don't want him to come back. While I do think he is a top five coach in the NBA if the guy doesn't want to be here then what else is there to say? I hope we can move him for whatever the best deal we can get.

They are not just going to let him go...Bud doesn't call the shots, his boss does.  It would make no sense to just give the dude away regardless.  I'm assuming his boss is an astute businessman and knows that petty emotions have no place in the business world.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They are not just going to let him go...Bud doesn't call the shots, his boss does.  It would make no sense to just give the dude away regardless.  I'm assuming his boss is an astute businessman and knows that petty emotions have no place in the business world.

Since I've said multiple times I hope we can trade him, yes, I'm sure Schlenk is hoping to find a deal where Bud goes to a team that Bud wants that also gives the Hawks compensation. My guess would be nothing happens at least until the lottery is determined.