• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: I don’t see how Mike Budenholzer can remain Hawks coach

HawkItus

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Since I've said multiple times I hope we can trade him, yes, I'm sure Schlenk is hoping to find a deal where Bud goes to a team that Bud wants that also gives the Hawks compensation. My guess would be nothing happens at least until the lottery is determined.

The reality is that Bud is going nowhere!

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

What makes you say that? You think he and Ressler/Schlenk are going to work out their relationship issues?

They don't have to have a relationship..They ain't married!  I just think that no one will give up a 1st round pick for Bud...Teams probably don't think that he is worth that kind of compensation

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They don't have to have a relationship..They ain't married!  I just think that no one will give up a 1st round pick for Bud...Teams probably don't think that he is worth that kind of compensation

They do have a relationship. Their work relationship is obviously in tatters at this point. If no one is going to give us compensation for him, it is a fair question as to what the Hawks will do.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They do have a relationship. Their work relationship is obviously in tatters at this point. If no one is going to give us compensation for him, it is a fair question as to what the Hawks will do.

Keep him! Only bad businessmen lose on deals.  Especially ones where they have the upper hand.  Over 1/2 the country hates their bosses and probably 1/3 of bosses hate the employees.  This is just America bruh!  You think Jeff Sessions loves Trump and vice versa?

• Premium Member

lol

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Keep him! Only bad businessmen lose on deals.  Especially ones where they have the upper hand.  Over 1/2 the country hates their bosses and probably 1/3 of bosses hate the employees.  This is just America bruh!

lol ok man, I get ya. He could come back but I'm hoping we can ship him off somewhere.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Why do you hope we lose Bud? He is great at talent development and whoever we hire odds are he will be much worse than Bud.

He doesn't want to be here. He's made that very clear. Why would we want to keep a coach that doesn't want to be here? I've said for years he's a top 5 coach in the league and I wish things had worked out differently. But...they didn't. As things stand now, he and Ressler/Schlenk are on the outs with each other and Bud is desperate to leave.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Keep him! Only bad businessmen lose on deals.  Especially ones where they have the upper hand.  Over 1/2 the country hates their bosses and probably 1/3 of bosses hate the employees.  This is just America bruh!  You think Jeff Sessions loves Trump and vice versa?

I think you are overestimating the odds that Bud stays here - especially if you are starting from the premise that the owner doesn't like him and is willing to tolerate a dysfunctional Trump/Sessions type of relationship.  I'm in agreement with pretty much all of Sothron's points on this one.

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, KB21 said:

I wasn't talking about the board.  I was talking about my patients.  Unfortunately, I can't click ignore on them.

Misread your post then.  Thought you were talking about the in-mates in the Hawksylum here.  Ignore my last post then - apologies.

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's interesting that people come to a discussion board to hear only one point of view.   What's the purpose of the silencing and the name calling?  Instead of that, why don't you just give a basis for what you think and show how it's infallible.  If your thought is not infallible then maybe you can try to hear the parts of KB's thoughts that are valid and give your parts that are valid.  The childish thing is to either take your ball and bat and go home or to start some type of mob campaign against somebody who's argument you disagree with. 

Looking for the Like X5 button...still not here.

12 hours ago, Afro said:

They can have bud and Bazemore contract and we will call it even. 

I'm sure Schlenk would flip that space for a pick so it works out the same 

I could be wrong, but I don't believe coaches can be traded with players because coaches don't count against the cap.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I could be wrong, but I don't believe coaches can be traded with players because coaches don't count against the cap.

Coaches don’t count against the cap so I think it’d have to be two separate trades.

• Premium Member
On 4/24/2018 at 0:44 PM, AHF said:

I think you are overestimating the odds that Bud stays here - especially if you are starting from the premise that the owner doesn't like him and is willing to tolerate a dysfunctional Trump/Sessions type of relationship.  I'm in agreement with pretty much all of Sothron's points on this one.

This pretty mush says what I've been saying.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/4/25/17279676/atlanta-hawks-mike-budenholzer-negotiation-contract-details-return-complicated-report

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

“And, because of that, is it inconceivable that he goes back to Atlanta? I don’t think it is. I don’t think it’s inconceivable that he would have to go back Because, let’s say Mike Budenholzer doesn’t get any of these jobs, are the Hawks just going to oust him now and pay him off at that number? No, they’re not.

So Stein argues it isn't inconceivable because perhaps Bud gets passed on for every available job and ends up coming back to the Hawks insisting he is the team's coach and wanting to get paid.  Then the team decides "well, we aren't paying you for nothing so I guess you are still our coach."

Saying something is conceivable is not the highest bar to pass.  I agree that Bud returning isn't inconceivable.  You seemed to be suggesting that the ordinarily and expected outcome after a coach starts interviewing with multiple other teams is the coach staying since workplace conflict is normal.  That is a different matter.  I'd qualify a Bud return if he keeps interviewing as unlikely but possible.  And thus we all agree it is not:

giphy.gif

• Premium Member
On 4/24/2018 at 7:45 AM, AHF said:

If he doesn't miss a single game they would project to win 37.5 games based on their results when he was healthy.  That is certainly better than 29 but would not have been close to a playoff team.

37.5 would have put them in 10th place... if all things remained static.  You figure those 8 games (really 17) had to come at somebody's expense.   So who knows.

• Premium Member
On 4/24/2018 at 8:16 AM, deester11 said:

Works both ways Diesel. Perhaps KB shouldn’t hi-jack every thread with his graffiti. We all have views some good, some meh....but he’s just as ridiculous as all of us. At the end of the day it’s a message board. 

Maybe so, But I have yet to see him say... Hey guys... let's ban so and so.. or let's stop conversating with so and so.   When it reaches that level then it's equal in how it works.   Right now, it just seems more like Bullying a guy because he's different. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Diesel said:

37.5 would have put them in 10th place... if all things remained static.  You figure those 8 games (really 17) had to come at somebody's expense.   So who knows.

Ummm...they don't play any team enough to make a difference.  The worst playoff team in the east had 43 wins this year.  They didn't play and lose to Washington 5 times this year after Porzingis went down.  They were actually 1-1 in their last two games against the Knicks so that is a maximum 1 game improvement relative to the worst playoff team in the East.  

Not close to playoff level.

• Like 2