• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

1 minute ago, noble said:

There are your top 2 then. But I know Larranaga has another visit with Charlotte coming up.

Laeeanaga seems to be the favorite there and the guy from the spurs. Which would make sense on the hawks zeroing in on pierce.

8 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

Larranaga met with ressler and fizdale per article floating around. 

What report was that, and why did Larranaga meet with Fizdale?

There was a report that Nate Tibbetts had already interviewed with Ressler.

I want a strong x's and o's coach. Player development and communication is very important. But come playoff time x's and o's is so important. Look at the plays Stevens has called for the C's at the end of games, he's anticipated the 76ers look and successfully countered each time. When Brown calls scissors, Stevens calls rock. That's the type of coach I want. Nothing is worse than your coach getting outsmarted.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I want a strong x's and o's coach. Player development and communication is very important. But come playoff time x's and o's is so important. Look at the plays Stevens has called for the C's at the end of games, he's anticipated the 76ers look and successfully countered each time. When Brown calls scissors, Stevens calls rock. That's the type of coach I want. Nothing is worse than your coach getting outsmarted.

Well, we had one of the best x's and o's coaches in the NBA who was also great at player development and culture building......and we fired him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Is this very old news the best you can provide?

Here is something to digest; Bud latches on with the Bucks. He has the Freak, Middleton, Bledsoe, and Parker as his core. How soon does he get them to the NBA Finals? You are really great at telling us what our next coach won't or can't do. Try telling us what your favorite coach will do in a situation he apparently covets.

That's if he gets the job!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Is this very old news the best you can provide?

Here is something to digest; Bud latches on with the Bucks. He has the Freak, Middleton, Bledsoe, and Parker as his core. How soon does he get them to the NBA Finals? You are really great at telling us what our next coach won't or can't do. Try telling us what your favorite coach will do in a situation he apparently covets.

The Bucks will be a top 3 seed in the East next year if Bud takes that job.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Bucks will be a top 3 seed in the East next year if Bud takes that job.

Will Bud ever win a championship and take them to the promise land? You are big on telling us we will never do that. Are you now saying your favorite coach will never do that; even with a top ten MVP Candidate on his team?

• Like 1

Just now, Buzzard said:

Will Bud ever win a championship and take them to the promise land? You are big on telling us we will never do that. Are you now saying your favorite coach will never do that; even with a top ten MVP Candidate on his team?

It depends upon where LeBron lands.  If he leaves the East, then within 3 years Milwaukee will be playing in the NBA Finals with Bud.  If he doesn't, the NBA is going to make sure they can continue to force LeBron down our throats.

@Peoriabird @KB21, @Buzzard ... This discussion should be about the next coaching hire.  Please create a new thread to discuss Bud.  He's no longer part of the Hawks organization so he should probably be discussed in around the NBA.  Don't take this the wrong way. I just want to keep this thread on topic and we won't have to sift through 2 pages of off topic discussion. 

Thanks, 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It depends upon where LeBron lands.  If he leaves the East, then within 3 years Milwaukee will be playing in the NBA Finals with Bud.  If he doesn't, the NBA is going to make sure they can continue to force LeBron down our throats.

You kind of answered the question like this:

Never if LeBron stays in the East. At least a finals appearance in three years if he moves out West.

Now here is my answer; barring more injuries to Philly and Boston, I don't see them ever getting to the NBA finals. I have a stinking suspicion that Philly, Boston, or Cleveland will be eliminating the Bucks on a regular basis.

Then when the Freak bolts; Bud will bolt once again.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Just now, marco102 said:

@Peoriabird @KB21, @Buzzard ... This discussion should be about the next coaching hire.  Please create a new thread to discuss Bud.  He's no longer part of the Hawks organization so he should probably be discussed in around the NBA.  Don't take this the wrong way. I just want to keep this thread on topic and we won't have to sift through 2 pages of off topic discussion. 

Thanks, 

I am good. Discussion about Bud is over for me.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You kind of answered the question like this:

Never if LeBron stays in the East. At least a finals appearance in three years if he moves out West.

Now here is my answer; barring more injuries to Philly and Boston, I don't see them ever getting to the NBA finals. I have a stinking suspicion that Philly, Boston, or Cleveland will be eliminating the Bucks on a regular basis.

Then when the Freak bolts; Bud will bolt once again.

He's under contract for three more years, so they have breathing room.