• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Not if we manage to somehow get Doncic despite Bud's ego doing its best to blow it. If we get Doncic, 2020/21 season we are back in the playoffs. That kid is a winner.

Doncic is going #1 and even if he is there at #3 or #4, I wouldn't draft him.

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"I want somebody who will understand... when it comes to Tank I want a SLOW HAND..."

~trav1spo1nter

If we stay stuck at 4th and no Doncic, Ayton, or Bagley it will take longer. Those top three will be ready to roll by year two. I am not that sure of any of the rest of the top ten prospects.

I do think Bagley can play like Bosh if need be. So he and Collins can work on the floor at the same time. They both need to bulk up and both need to develop defensively. Their rebounding, hustle, and scoring will be there. I do prefer Doncic or Ayton, but Bagley is going to be a hell of a consolation prize if he falls 3rd or later.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

If we stay stuck at 4th and no Doncic, Ayton, or Bagley it will take longer. Those top three will be ready to roll by year two. I am not that sure of any of the rest of the top ten prospects.

I do think Bagley can play like Bosh if need be. So he and Collins can work on the floor at the same time. They both need to bulk up and both need to develop defensively. Their rebounding, hustle, and scoring will be there. I do prefer Doncic or Ayton, but Bagley is going to be a hell of a consolation prize if he falls 3rd or later.

If we get Porter or Young we also should be good. Young would be a godsend for JC. That PnR would be nasty. Defense on the other hand......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Doncic is going #1 and even if he is there at #3 or #4, I wouldn't draft him.

In the NBA of the 70s and 80s Doncic would be a Steve Kerr. In today's game with no hand checking or physical play he can be a star. Spacing, passing, and shooting is what this NBA is all about; and unless they change the rules on hand checking and/or pushing the 3point line further out it is going to stay this way.

8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

If we get Porter or Young we also should be good. Young would be a godsend for JC. That PnR would be nasty. Defense on the other hand......

Porter is my 4th best prospect. I am not sold on any of the top two guards. Our new coach is getting Schröeder, Collins, and Prince. Throw in Bazemore as insurance and this draft is huge for us. We need a SG or Center; draft any other position and we have to make a move or two.

Edited by Buzzard

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Porter is my 4th best prospect. I am not sold on any of the top two guards. Our new coach is getting Schröeder, Collins, and Prince. Throw in Bazemore as insurance and this draft is huge for us. We need a SG or Center; draft any other position and we have to make a move or two.

Understood, but we can't waste/slow down Collins development anymore. Be it Doncic or Young an elite PnR would do wonders for our team/youth. Now im all for Ayton/Bagley/maybe Porter, but if we can't get those guys.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Perfect fit.. They're both used to getting swept by Lebron.   lol

I think Bud can get better defense out of the Raps but they are still going to fold in the playoffs. I watched ESPN today and one commentator was speaking about how no one on that team wants to guard Bron; they were also talking about how poorly Horford fares for his career against Bron.

Every team needs players with some dog in them. No one is going to stop Bron; but you have to relish the challenge and just win a small battle every once in a while. Tatum may end up being the Celtics guard dog against Bron. The Raptors did not have one.

13 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Understood, but we can't waste/slow down Collins development anymore. Be it Doncic or Young an elite PnR would do wonders for our team/youth. Now im all for Ayton/Bagley/maybe Porter, but if we can't get those guys.....

Exactly ball handler the way to go.

1 minute ago, DBac said:

Exactly ball handler the way to go.

If we draft Young or Sexton our rise to get back in the playoffs is going to take a extra year unless Dennis is moved for someone that can help right away. It is possible to get a potential center later in the draft.

This! I just now saw the formal offer part:

Philadelphia 76ers assistant Lloyd Pierce met with Atlanta Hawks officials for a third time on Friday, emerging as the primary focus of the franchise’s head-coaching search, league sources told ESPN.

A formal offer is expected as soon as today, league sources said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-hawks-moving-toward-hiring-192201225.html

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If we draft Young or Sexton our rise to get back in the playoffs is going to take a extra year unless Dennis is moved for someone that can help right away. It is possible to get a potential center later in the draft.

We won't win a championship with a player like Young.  He would get eaten alive in the playoffs by someone like Wall!

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We won't win a championship with a player like Young.  He would get eaten alive in the playoffs by someone like Wall!

I am not that harsh on him. He is just a freshman and accomplished some great things. I think it takes longer for point guards to mature into their role than it does for any other position. A great NBA PG needs to learn to lead and take control. Will he grow into that is the question? If he does, he will be the steal of the draft.

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

I am not that harsh on him. He is just a freshman and accomplished some great things. I think it takes longer for point guards to mature into their role than it does for any other position. A great NBA PG needs to learn to lead and take control. Will he grow into that is the question? If he does, he will be the steal of the draft.

Dude will always suck at defense!

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Dude will always suck at defense!

That was not exactly Curry and Irving's strong point when they came into the league either. Great coaching and team defense can hide a lot of weaknesses; and also make those weaknesses a little stronger.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

That was not exactly Curry and Irving's strong point when they came into the league either. Great coaching and team defense can hide a lot of weaknesses; and also make those weaknesses a little stronger.

He can't shoot like Curry or finish around the basket like Irving.  And by the way, Irving never made the playoffs without Lebron

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Hawks organization quit on Bud.  Yet, we want to be rewarded with a #1 pick.

Not buying that. I watched NBA Open Court with Ressler, fellow owners  Mark Cuban, Dan Gilbert, Joe Lacob, Steve Ballmer, and Jeanie Buss. Mark Cuban had the best line of advice for Tony. He said point blank, the hardest lesson he had to learn was most GMs will spend your last penny to try and keep their job. Everyone of the veteran owners got a a good laugh and nodded in agreement.

Bud was pretty typical in that regard with spending so much on part time defensive stopper Dwight Howard and Shooting Guard Kent Bazemore. 15 million a year is not horrible for a starting PG ( Dennis ); but it is safe to say Bud was far from being a great negotiator with Tony's money.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He can't shoot like Curry or finish around the basket like Irving.  And by the way, Irving never made the playoffs without Lebron

Irving has only made the game winning shot in the 7th game of a NBA Championship.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Still hadn't made the playoffs without Lebron. And if i'm not mistaken, Lebron won MVP

There is really nothing to debate here man. Irving will go down in NBA history; while also being loved and hated by Cavs fans for the rest of his life. I think Young could develop into a nice PG. But there's some very good reasons he is not being pegged as a top three pick in a weak guard draft.