• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

14 hours ago, AHF said:

This isn't an unfair statement for the most part but there are men who get to skip the bench coach phase so I wouldn't assume her getting tapped would be more about her gender and less about her talent.  

I'd said previously that I don't think people should be outraged if she doesn't land a job this cycle because of the fact that she'd be skipping the whole 'bench coach phase'.  To me, her getting interviews is the "normal" next step considering she hadn't ever been a bench coach.

Not suggesting others haven't made the same leap, but it is a significant jump that's not necessarily normal protocol.  I had fears, for her sake, that being thrust into the HC job right now was more of a PR move and would be doing her a disservice.

I'm trying to explain this carefully because I'm not one who has an issue with a female HC.  I just don't think people should be up in arms if she doesn't land a HC job right now.

A lot of folks seem to be getting their dander up and comparing her to each new hire like, "Well why's she not more qualified than him?!"  It's not that simple and she's not necessarily missing out on jobs simply because she's a woman.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'd said previously that I don't think people should be outraged if she doesn't land a job this cycle because of the fact that she'd be skipping the whole 'bench coach phase'.  To me, her getting interviews is the "normal" next step considering she hadn't ever been a bench coach.

Not suggesting others haven't made the same leap, but it is a significant jump that's not necessarily normal protocol.  I had fears, for her sake, that being thrust into the HC job right now was more of a PR move and would be doing her a disservice.

I'm trying to explain this carefully because I'm not one who has an issue with a female HC.  I just don't think people should be up in arms if she doesn't land a HC job right now.

A lot of folks seem to be getting their dander up and comparing her to each new hire like, "Well why's she not more qualified than him?!"  It's not that simple and she's not necessarily missing out on jobs simply because she's a woman.

And you kinda had a crush on her since 2012..sooooo..there’s that too!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The question with her is does a team think as a first time coach should go to a franchise that is winning more? Or maybe her first gig should be somewhere giving her a chance to show she actually can coach and build some experience.

I don't know the answer there, but she has proven in the summer league to be have viable consideration in some manner. 

On 5/14/2018 at 11:03 AM, kg01 said:

To be fair, I did say that was a hire I could get behi .... nah, stay on the high road, kg.

#KG0Hammon

Lol, I share that sentiment.  Squawk innuendo game back on sturdy.  Welcome back.

Ill never forget when she was coaching Summer League and all the men assistants had on short shorts while she wore Harbaugh slacks.  I was like come the f&@k on!

Don't know if this  is the right thread to make this comment, but I am glad the Hawks kept Chris Jent around.  He will be able to help the shooting stroke of the young guys coming in the draft. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Don't know if this  is the right thread to make this comment, but I am glad the Hawks kept Chris Jent around.  He will be able to help the shooting stroke of the young guys coming in the draft. 

Jent was not the shooting coach.  That was Ben Sullivan.  

17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Jent was not the shooting coach.  That was Ben Sullivan.  

I was just going on the fact it was said Jent helped Lebron with his shooting back when he was with the Cavs.

2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I was just going on the fact it was said Jent helped Lebron with his shooting back when he was with the Cavs.

Pierce kept him because he knows him and worked with him before. Bud hired him so he must like him also. That is two solid endorsements from my seat.

17 hours ago, DBac said:

Bucks

17 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I ignored it as I thought he was ribbing KB.

I really hadn’t heard anything, but Congrats. We are about to see how great a Coach Bud truly is (or isn’t).

10 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I really hadn’t heard anything, but Congrats. We are about to see how great a Coach Bud truly is (or isn’t).

He’s a good coach, but not a great one. I liked him, but he’s dead to me now the way he handled the whole thing.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

He’s a good coach, but not a great one. I liked him, but he’s dead to me now the way he handled the whole thing.

Bud is a great coach.  There is no questioning that.  Anyone that says otherwise is doing so because he is no longer here and didn't want to take part in the abomination that Travis Schlenk wants to do.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bud is a great coach.  There is no questioning that.  Anyone that says otherwise is doing so because he is no longer here and didn't want to take part in the abomination that Travis Schlenk wants to do.

I’ve always liked him and thought he was a good coach. But was never shy expressing my displeasure with his stubbornness, substitution patterns, in-bounds play calling, subpar pet players, GMing, so forth. I’m saying otherwise for those reasons, always have. And he could’ve handled the exit with much more class.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

I’ve always liked him and thought he was a good coach. But was never shy expressing my displeasure with his stubbornness, substitution patterns, in-bounds play calling, subpar pet players, GMing, so forth. I’m saying otherwise for those reasons, always have. And he could’ve handled the exit with much more class.

I'm not buying it.

Bud is a great coach.  This is a coach who maximized the talent level that was on his team consistently.  His ability as a player development coach is second to none.  There were some big contracts handed out to players who blossomed under his coaching.  There was never a time that this team underachieved with Bud at the helm.  Even this past season, this was an 18 win team talent wise that won 24 games.

39 minutes ago, hazer said:

Based on his career here, I would say he’s great. However, he is walking into the most talented roster he’s ever had. If he can’t turn that roster into a contender, then maybe he really was ONLY good. It’ll be interesting to see if he can truly adapt to his roster. He doesn’t have the shooters he has in his best years here. 

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm not buying it.

Bud is a great coach.  This is a coach who maximized the talent level that was on his team consistently.  His ability as a player development coach is second to none.  There were some big contracts handed out to players who blossomed under his coaching.  There was never a time that this team underachieved with Bud at the helm.  Even this past season, this was an 18 win team talent wise that won 24 games.

We shall see!  No more speculation next season...Its put up or shut time for the Bud apologist

34 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We shall see!  No more speculation next season...Its put up or shut time for the Bud apologist

Top ten player in Giannis. Two borderline all stars in Middleton and Parker along with Bledsoe and Jennings. Bud has the offensive fire power; the challenge will be getting them to play team defense.