• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maybe Schlenk loves Schröder?....who knows!

JTB

Lead head coach candidate latest comments about the hawks makes me believe that the wide speculation that many of us have which is “Schlenk doesn’t like Dennis” and that Dennis is likely out of Atlanta  .....may just be ...speculation.... and that’s it.

while of course there is no clear cut evidence if Schlenk likes Dennis or not ...”speculation” has been right before about schlenk just recently with parting ways from Bud as head coach and that was predicted last summer.

Moving on I found Lloyd Pierce comments interesting and you can read the article here on ajc:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/pierce-has-second-meeting-with-hawks-believes-good-fit/bkyB9S7npA1LrQM95rZeBP/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=hawks_fb

The part that makes me believe that Dennis MAY be in conversations as staying a future hawk is this part in the article:

“Pierce said he sees one difference with the Hawks, who won 24 games and ended a 10-year postseason run last season. While the 76ers rebuilt with all young players, the Hawks have several established players to go with four draft picks, including three first-rounders in the upcoming draft. Combing the old and new will be key, according to Pierce.”

my conclusion:

you cannot say the hawks have several established players to go with the upcoming four draft picks and NOT be talking about Dennis as one of those players when he’s the most developed young player we have so far...so I think though some here hate Dennis it’s possible he’s staying a hawk and the hope is a younger coach can develop him better than Bud and his staff did.

and I only bring this up because many with good reason believe Dennis is as good as gone. While I somewhat believe that I’m kinda 50/50 with it. I actually like Dennis myself but it’s hard to tell the style of gm schlenk is and what he’s trying to do with the culture here in Atlanta.

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

I will have to go against the grain again...Dennis just needs to be coached better and he'll be an all star.  LP looks to be a guy that has the patience and the right communication skills to reach all of our players who need to clean up a few aspect of their games to be much better than they were under Bud!

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I will have to go against the grain again...Dennis just needs to be coached better and he'll be an all star.  LP looks to be a guy that has the patience and the right communication skills to reach all of our players who need to clean up a few aspect of their games to be much better than they were under Bud!

He'll have no choice but to be patient.

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The whole 'Schlenk doesn't like Dennis' is just that made up. 

Now, if he says he doesn't fit timeline based on salary and 4 draft picks, or his peturbed by the off court stuff - that's a different story.

I have no interest in trading Dennis just to trade him especially since his perceived value around the league is low.  He's 24 and on a good deal, so unless it's an incredible offer I'd keep him and try to up his value.

Menace is fully capable of 20/7, 35% from deep, AND good (not great) D if he wants to and gives it his all. At 24, on that contract, he’s certainly not a “must trade.” 

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Just now, hazer said:

Menace is fully capable of 20/7 AND good (not great) D if he wants to and tries. At 24, on that contract, he’s certainly not a “must trade.” 

Can he get his eFG% above 52%?  

I have to LOL at those of you who think a new coach is going to be able to tap into something within Dennis that Bud, the best player development coach in the NBA, couldn't get out of him.

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I have to LOL at those of you who think a new coach is going to be able to tap into something within Dennis that Bud, the best player development coach in the NBA, couldn't get out of him.

I’m shocked.....

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bud, the best player development coach in the NBA...

EASY now.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know if he's the best but there is no denying what he did here with some very marginal players.

Oh, agree completely. I liked Pud.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Sometimes you just say anything. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, KB21 said:

I don't thing Dennis's development is over at age 24 but KB isn't wrong when he points to offensive efficiency as a must improve item for Dennis.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hazer said:

EASY now.

Bud maybe not the best at player development however, it is for sure a strength of his and is why he wasn't let go from the beginning. I agree with KB that Dennis will probably never average those stats consistently on a winning team.

41 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Bud maybe not the best at player development however, it is for sure a strength of his and is why he wasn't let go from the beginning. I agree with KB that Dennis will probably never average those stats consistently on a winning team.

We all know it’s a strength of his. My post was about the hyperbole of calling him the best in the NBA.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You ... can't... judge ... Dennis ... in ... a ... tank ... season.

Absolutely agree with this!!!!  Seemed like no one was interested in playing the right way consistently this season except maybe Bazemore.  And even he has some hero moment too.  I think LB will be good for Dennis and Prince for that matter.  Can't way to see what these guys will look like next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You ... can't... judge ... Dennis ... in ... a ... tank ... season.

I didn't think Dennis would reach 20 and 7 consistently on a winning team before this year lmao. his 3pt shot is to awkward to ever consistently shoot 35%+ from 3 imo unless he completely redoes his shot.  

Edited by davis171

10 hours ago, davis171 said:

I didn't think Dennis would reach 20 and 7 consistently on a winning team before this year lmao. his 3pt shot is to awkward to ever consistently shoot 35%+ from 3 imo unless he completely redoes his shot.  

He mentioned in a Q&A that that would  be something he is going to change in the offseason. Have his jumper from mid range and 3 be the same form

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

He mentioned in a Q&A that that would  be something he is going to change in the offseason. Have his jumper from mid range and 3 be the same form

His mid-range jumper is smooth, his 3pt jumper looks trash.