• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk is back up, Welcome to the Bagley Zone

NBASupes

It would be stupid to pass on Bagely because of Collins. If he’s the best guy on the board, you take him and get a defensive big later down the road. This team isn’t in the stage to be drafting for fit.

I’m fine with whoever the pick is as long as it’s one of the bigs. 

On 5/20/2018 at 1:54 AM, hazer said:

Developmental and defensive coach. As in turning Simmons into a good defender when he came in as a bad one. Expanding Collins’ and Bagley’s defensive prowess, anyone? He’s not the shooting coach, he’ll hire one if Jent doesn’t stay. And I’d say Bagley at 65% on 2s and 40% on 3s is expanding just fine.

If Bagley shoots 40% from 3 next year I'll eat it but Bagley is a significantly worse shooter than JJJ ft numbers help show that look at Josh Jackson's 3pt% in college. Also wanted to say that I think JJJ is a center in the NBA an Izzo continually played him with Nick Ward which was a bad fit. Izzo isn't a perfect coach they lost with a lot of talent.

Edited by davis171

54 minutes ago, davis171 said:

If Bagley shoots 40% from 3 next year I'll eat it but Bagley is a significantly worse shooter than JJJ ft numbers help show that look at Josh Jackson's 3pt% in college. Also wanted to say that I think JJJ is a center in the NBA an Izzo continually played him with Nick Ward which was a bad fit. Izzo isn't a perfect coach they lost with a lot of talent.

Bagley shot 40% from 3 at Duke...

• Moderators
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Is it just me or did some of this thread get deleted?

I'm not sure, bleach, but it might have! We're still going through our major site hiccups -- we were completely down again yesterday evening -- and Admin is working through some file space issues to get back up to speed. A ton of code work and stuff.

Not that anyone is doing this on this thread, but y'all try to avoid uploading stuff off your computers (images and posts linked from the web are fine, I'm told) in the interim.

~lw3

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Can we get some idea of when this is going to be finally fixed? This has been a week now. The site has never been down this long. Did someone hack the site or something?

Sorry this is inconveniencing us all, most especially Admin, who does not have a timeframe unfortunately (trust me when I say he would LOVE to have one, he's been at this thing for as long as it's been broken). He's working to fix the convergence of several site problems at once. Hacking is NOT one of the problems.

~lw3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Sorry this is inconveniencing us all, most especially Admin, who does not have a timeframe unfortunately (trust me when I say he would LOVE to have one, he's been at this thing for as long as it's been broken). He's working to fix the convergence of several site problems at once. Hacking is NOT one of the problems.

~lw3

That is some good news at least that it wasn't some angry poster or random hacker from Russia :p

I wish I could help fix the issue. Hoping it can get fixed soon.

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Bagley shot 40% from 3 at Duke...

I don't see 50 attempts as a large enough sample size combined with a low ft% to say the shot will translate. Josh Jackson shot 38% from 3 in college with a low ft% and shot below 30% his first year. JJJ is a significantly more accomplished 3pt shooter and shooter overall shooting a respectable 79% from the line and 39.6% from 3 on nearly double the attempts in much less minutes than Bagley. I think both will be good I just like a defensive big who is a better shooter over rebounding and athleticism. Also love the fact JJJ can play late with the ft% unlike Bagley 62% is straight up terrible.

Edited by davis171

20 minutes ago, davis171 said:

I don't see 50 attempts as a large enough sample size combined with a low ft% to say the shot will translate. Josh Jackson shot 38% from 3 in college with a low ft% and shot below 30% his first year. JJJ is a significantly more accomplished 3pt shooter and shooter overall shooting a respectable 79% from the line and 39.6% from 3 on nearly double the attempts in much less minutes than Bagley. I think both will be good I just like a defensive big who is a better shooter over rebounding and athleticism. Also love the fact JJJ can play late with the ft% unlike Bagley 62% is straight up terrible.

JJJ has to stay out of foul trouble to be able to play late though..

24 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Slow release, awkward shooting from. Hes gonna be a Horford shooter where he has to have space to shoot without Horford BBIQ, feel for the game, ability to break to make the best decision on the court. 

I dont see this translating like that. I really dont see his offense translating like that outside of dunks.

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Slow release, awkward shooting from. Hes gonna be a Horford shooter where he has to have space to shoot without Horford BBIQ, feel for the game, ability to break to make the best decision on the court. 

I dont see this translating like that. I really dont see his offense translating like that outside of dunks.

Feel for game really... Bagley looks lost on defense and was so bad Coach K moved to a 2-3. I'm much more worried about Bagley's defense than JJJ's offense at worst he is Dedmon on offense with DPOY upside and I'm okay that.

29 minutes ago, Flight said:

JJJ has to stay out of foul trouble to be able to play late though..

Collins averaged more fouls per 36 than JJJ as a freshman and it's been relatively corrected in a year I'm not worried.

Edited by davis171

Just now, davis171 said:

Feel for game really... Bagley looks lost on defense and was so bad Coach K moved to a 2-3. I'm much more worried about Bagley's defense than JJJ's offense at worst he is Dedmon on offense with DPOY upside and I'm okay that.

I don't think Bagley was the reason Coach K moved to a 2-3 defense, Coach K just literally isn't good at coaching defense in general. I wouldn't blame Bagley for that. He has the tools to become a better defender. I also feel that with the passion and ability he has it will be easier for him to become a solid defender than it will JJJ to develop into being a better scorer.

Not saying I don't like JJJ because I think he has great potential but for right now I'm going Bagley over him because of the energy he can bring on both sides. 

8 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Offensively, yes. Bagley has an elite feel for the game. Defensively, he gets lost in schemes.

Lol, he is not advanced as Dedmon shooting wise. Scoring wise, I can see it. 

Defensively, I dont see him having DPOY potential as a prospect. 

30 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Collins averaged more fouls per 36 than JJJ as a freshman and it's been relatively corrected in a year I'm not worried.

John Collins didnt enter the NBA as a freshman. He entered as a Sophomore. He entered when he was ready to play in the NBA.