• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have Your Mind Changed On Who You Want?

Brotha2ThaNite

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No one should be dribbling for 5 seconds in the paint anyway.  JJJ is perfectly fine with handling the ball on the perimeter.  

On the perimeter he can't handle the ball at all lol. Majority of his shots are just wide open ones that come off PnR. He can create his own offense at all outside of turnaround hook-shots in the paint as far as I can tell. Everything else is put-backs, layups, dunks and pretty much opportunities completely created by others. He's a young Serge Ibaka basically.

4 minutes ago, Flight said:

On the perimeter he can't handle the ball at all lol. Majority of his shots are just wide open ones that come off PnR. He can create his own offense at all outside of turnaround hook-shots in the paint as far as I can tell. Everything else is put-backs, layups, dunks and pretty much opportunities completely created by others. He's a young Serge Ibaka basically.

Oh, yes he can.  He's much better than Marvin Bagley and handling the ball.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Oh, yes he can.  He's much better than Marvin Bagley and handling the ball.

You know you're wrong for this lol. You can just watch them play and tell Marvin is just naturally more offensively gifted than Jaren. Ball-handling is not Jaren's strength, remember when you complained about Marvin "only being able to go left"? Well Jaren can't really go either hand honestly. Doesn't make him a bad player but it's obvious Marvin can make an impact on offense without being spoon fed every opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Flight said:

You know you're wrong for this lol. You can just watch them play and tell Marvin is just naturally more offensively gifted than Jaren. Ball-handling is not Jaren's strength, remember when you complained about Marvin "only being able to go left"? Well Jaren can't really go either hand honestly. Doesn't make him a bad player but it's obvious Marvin can make an impact on offense without being spoon fed every opportunity. 

Jackson can go to either hand.  He finishes well with both hands.

Jackson attacking the close out and making a great touch pass off the drive.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Jackson can go to either hand.  He finishes well with both hands.

Jackson attacking the close out and making a great touch pass off the drive.

Honestly I've seen every highlight mix you could possibly send me on Jaren Jackson and I still know that he can't create offense for himself. Most his dribbling is literally going to be one dribble and a full speed attempt at a layup or dunk. He lacks post moves or really any creativity down there. It's really just all effort mostly not an actual array of offensive moves.

Catches the ball on the low block, dribbles baseline, spins, and finds the open man.  Very fundamentally sound.  You can tell that he spent a lot of time as a child watching Tim Duncan.

Just now, Flight said:

Honestly I've seen every highlight mix you could possibly send me on Jaren Jackson and I still know that he can't create offense for himself. Most his dribbling is literally going to be one dribble and a full speed attempt at a layup or dunk. He lacks post moves or really any creativity down there. It's really just all effort mostly not an actual array of offensive moves.

And you think Bagley has post moves when he can only go to one hand?  LOL!

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Catches the ball on the low block, dribbles baseline, spins, and finds the open man.  Very fundamentally sound.  You can tell that he spent a lot of time as a child watching Tim Duncan.

And you think Bagley has post moves when he can only go to one hand?  LOL!

You're saying he can only go one hand as if he isn't better going one hand than jackson is at going anything LOL.

The few highlights you have of Jaren on offense, Bagley does everything more consistently, more fluidly and more efficiently than Jaren. Jaren even turns the ball over at a higher rate than Bagley even though Bagley was obviously used at a higher rate and was a more focal point of his team's offense. If you want JJJ to look good don't try to compare them offensively.

2 minutes ago, Flight said:

You're saying he can only go one hand as if he isn't better going one hand than jackson is at going anything LOL.

The few highlights you have of Jaren on offense, Bagley does everything more consistently, more fluidly and more efficiently than Jaren. Jaren even turns the ball over at a higher rate than Bagley even though Bagley was obviously used at a higher rate and was a more focal point of his team's offense. If you want JJJ to look good don't try to compare them offensively.

He isn't.  He's better at his second jump.  He's better in transition.  That's pretty much it though.  Bagley, due to his lack of length, is going to struggle finishing against longer players at the rim in the NBA.  Bagley also isn't much off the dribble, and he can't space the floor like JJJ.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bagley easily bumped off his position by JJJ, who supposedly isn't physical.

The funny part about this game is that Marvin only played 10 minutes before he got an eye injury. He still almost out-rebounded JJJ who played 24 minutes due to his usual foul trouble. Bagley had 6 rebounds in 10 minutes, 5 were offensive and you want me to believe JJJ getting him off him spot in a highlight was the whole story...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He isn't.  He's better at his second jump.  He's better in transition.  That's pretty much it though.  Bagley, due to his lack of length, is going to struggle finishing against longer players at the rim in the NBA.  Bagley also isn't much off the dribble, and he can't space the floor like JJJ.

Bagley has a better shooting percentage from literally everywhere on the court than JJJ.

The only thing JJJ shot better at was the free throw line.

So statistically the only way JJJ was spacing the court more than Bagley was on the free throw line (lol) or by not being on it at all because he was on the bench.

I still am hoping that we go for Anton.  While the chances of him being there at 3 are close to nil, I would be pretty stoked if the 30th and 34th combined with the 3rd got it done.  Otherwise, I still cannot fathom the Hawks taking 4 players all within the top 34.

In lieu of that happening, I am still leaning towards Bagley.  That said, I am personally not seeing JJJ being the reincarnation of Marvin and would not throw my remote through the TV should that happen.  Now if they took a certain PG from Okie?  

15 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

I still am hoping that we go for Anton.  While the chances of him being there at 3 are close to nil, I would be pretty stoked if the 30th and 34th combined with the 3rd got it done.  Otherwise, I still cannot fathom the Hawks taking 4 players all within the top 34.

In lieu of that happening, I am still leaning towards Bagley.  That said, I am personally not seeing JJJ being the reincarnation of Marvin and would not throw my remote through the TV should that happen.  Now if they took a certain PG from Okie?  

Watch his(JJJ) full games. You will see screaming out of your screen. Marvin made a lot of plays too. The issue with Marvin is the same issues JJJ seem to have. Inconsistent, weak core, uncoordinated and poor body control. KB is serving some Jim Jones level Kool Aid. He refusing to believe the film and would rather reference cut up clips.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Watch his(JJJ) full games. You will see screaming out of your screen. Marvin made a lot of plays too. The issue with Marvin is the same issues JJJ seem to have. Inconsistent, weak core, uncoordinated and poor body control. KB is serving some Jim Jones level Kool Aid. He refusing to believe the film and would rather reference cut up clips.

Love the Jim Jones reference!  I will try to steer clear of both ever being dragged to Guyana and spend more time watching his games.  Watched one full game and it did turn me off, but with his length and a serviceable shot, I am still trying to freak out too much.  Probably mostly due to my abject fear that he will be exactly who we end up with.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Love the Jim Jones reference!  I will try to steer clear of both ever being dragged to Guyana and spend more time watching his games.  Watched one full game and it did turn me off, but with his length and a serviceable shot, I am still trying to freak out too much.  Probably mostly due to my abject fear that he will be exactly who we end up with.

He is a NBA talent. As I said. I'll take him at 10-13. At 1-5, hell naw, to the naw naw

This year specifically I don't think it will be a problem because it's a deep draft and we've got space to take on 4 rookies and give them meaningful minutes if they warrant it. I don't know who it will be, but there's a number of guys who will be drafted outside the lottery who will make teams look foolish for sleeping on them. Even in the second round there will be a few quality contributors day 1.

While ideally we should take on some salary from teams like the Knicks or the Nuggets to move up back into the lottery I'm happy with our draft position at the moment.

1 hour ago, Flight said:

The funny part about this game is that Marvin only played 10 minutes before he got an eye injury. He still almost out-rebounded JJJ who played 24 minutes due to his usual foul trouble. Bagley had 6 rebounds in 10 minutes, 5 were offensive and you want me to believe JJJ getting him off him spot in a highlight was the whole story...

Man, I was like, okay this highlight video is not working in JJJ favor. Where is Marvin in 80% of this clip? :laugh: