Have Your Mind Changed On Who You Want?

Brotha2ThaNite

• Admin
Just now, NBASupes said:

You dont like none of the unpolished guys I noticed

Basically Bamba and Young are the guys who I hope we avoid ... if we trade back and get a quality asset to go with him then I am okay with Bamba but I don't want Trae.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Yuck ... scares me as I am not a fan of this guy.  I hate the Curry comparison ... I see him as Lou Williams type ... sixth man who will come in and chuck up a lot of shots.  

I see him as a Steve Nash type but it will take him a year at the least to get adjusted. 

Just now, capstone21 said:

Basically Bamba and Young are the guys who I hope we avoid ... if we trade back and get a quality asset to go with him then I am okay with Bamba but I don't want Trae.  

I cant get mad at that. I have my fears as well. These types take time. Trae can develop into a very good PG but he really is going to have to develop as a PG

• Admin
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I see him as a Steve Nash type but it will take him a year at the least to get adjusted. 

From the OU games that I have watched I didn't see him as running the offense (although he does make some nice passes) but more of his assists were the result of not being able to take his own shot (a la Westbrook).  He is very undersized and not very atheletic ... I wonder if he will have trouble getting his shot off against the bigger/faster/stronger/experienced/atheltic NBA players.

• Admin
Just now, NBASupes said:

I cant get mad at that. I have my fears as well. These types take time. Trae can develop into a very good PG but he really is going to have to develop as a PG

Yes, I see him as more of an undersized shooting guard who is a very willing passer.  @Spud2nique can tell you how I feel about those type of players.

• Like 1

Just now, capstone21 said:

From the OU games that I have watched I didn't see him as running the offense (although he does make some nice passes) but more of his assists were the result of not being able to take his own shot (a la Westbrook).  He is very undersized and not very atheletic ... I wonder if he will have trouble getting his shot off against the bigger/stronger/experienced/atheltic NBA players.

He wasn't, he was running Trae ball. This is where I have issues. He is not a true PG but hes is not a SG either like Steph was. He is going to need a lot of PG and SG development.

• Admin
Just now, NBASupes said:

He wasn't, he was running Trae ball. This is where I have issues. He is not a true PG but hes is not a SG either like Steph was. He is going to need a lot of PG and SG development.

I hope he finds his footing ... just for another team :)

Yes, I see him as more of an undersized shooting guard who is a very willing passer.  @Spud2nique can tell you how I feel about those type of players.

That's what he is right now. What a team hopes is he develops into a true PG who can score at will and create at will.

Like a hybrid of Steph/Nash

Atlanta is not a bad fit for him. Collins is an excellent roll man and we could move up and try to land Robert Williams or another big.

So on an earlier mention by @JayBirdHawk ... what are some REALISTIC packages that we could make that results in us trading back and still come out on top?

Realistically, Memphis has nothing to offer. 

Dallas could offer #1 and a 2020 1st top 3 protected. My guess is, we stay at #3 unless Dallas really wants to move up and our guy is off the board.

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I been hearing hes high on our board.

I keep hearing him, Bamba, Bagley and Doncic. Hawks want an impact player. These would be the best on the board seeing that Ayton will be gone.

I’m not shocked...as I’ve said before I believe Trae Young is Schlenks guy but he will carefully make sure it’s the way he wants to go 

Just now, JTB said:

I’m not shocked...as I’ve said before I believe Trae Young is Schlenks guy but he will carefully make sure it’s the way he wants to go 

Trae is Travis guy all day. Not so sure hes our scouting department guy

24 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Yuck ... scares me as I am not a fan of this guy.  I hate the Curry comparison ... I see him as Lou Williams type ... sixth man who will come in and chuck up a lot of shots.  

Elite level playmaking. He is the best playmaker in this draft. Elite vision, touch, and accuracy.

• Like 2

KB not gonna like this but I think it is more likely JJJ falls out of the top 10 than Young or Porter Jr. 

Teams are eliminating players and JJJ is one of them that I've heard several teams lose interest in. There are several teams who are lending big over small too. That could be problematic. Orlando has strong interest in JJJ. As does NY and Philly. But Dallas I am hearing is moving in the direction of Bamba. Memphis really wants Doncic. No one seems to be able to get a hold of what Atlanta wants from the outside world and a number of teams outside of the top 5 are looking small over big. JJJ could slide. 

I keep telling yall, teams getting smarter, they looking at everything now. They are just looking for key points anymore that scouts used to look for. Analytics is less regarded as well from college to pros.

Once the psychologically tests start is when the real decisions start. That's when teams like Atlanta really start to lock in on prospects. 

KB, if we draft Young at 5 and get an great asset and move up again at land JJJ between 10-15. I will be happy. Regardless of what I think about JJJ. I like him as a prospect, just not a top tier or even upper tier prospect but a quality prospect. If we can move up to 10 and get him. Why not? He isnt in a position where he's expected to do more than his role at that draft position.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

So on an earlier mention by @JayBirdHawk ... what are some REALISTIC packages that we could make that results in us trading back and still come out on top?

I don't think we trade back past 6 or 7. Look to Dallas at #5 maybe? But I don't see anything else they'd give us except a 2019 1st round pick.

Chicago is at #7. They also have pick #22. Maybe they can trade Portis and #22 for a higher pick, say the Wiz at #15, and send us that pick?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think we trade back past 6 or 7. Look to Dallas at #5 maybe? But I don't see anything else they'd give us except a 2019 1st round pick.

Chicago is at #7. They also have pick #22. Maybe they can trade Portis and #22 for a higher pick, say the Wiz at #15, and send us that pick?

The Bulls can keep their trash lol. But I’m down!

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The magic is at #6, they have Isaac, Gordon is a RFA - that's it. What position does these guys play? 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From the sounds of it, #5 is the furthest we are looking to move back. #4 is not moving up. Dallas could move up. Orlando may want to but it seems the prospects we would covet is in the range of 2-5.