Have Your Mind Changed On Who You Want?

Brotha2ThaNite

I wasn't a fan of Marvin Bagley and Jeren Jackson Jr.

I was a fan of Luka Doncic and Mohamed Bamba. I now see them as strong role players.

My draft picks in order were...  Luka Doncvc, Michael Porter, and Bamba

Now order is Michael Porter, Jaren Jackson Jr and Bagley.

I believe Porter has the talent to be a Super Star with JJJ coming in to a close second.  Call me crazy but after watching video on some of his games JJJ reminds me of a (potential) KD style player. I know I'm going to get kill for saying that lol. 

So what about you all? Have any of your minds changed

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

I wasn't a fan of Marvin Bagley and Jeren Jackson Jr.

I was a fan of Luka Doncic and Mohamed Bamba. I now see them as strong role players.

My draft picks in order were...  Luka Doncvc, Michael Porter, and Bamba

Now order is Michael Porter, Jaren Jackson Jr and Bagley.

I believe Porter has the talent to be a Super Star with JJJ coming in to a close second.  Call me crazy but after watching video on some of his games JJJ reminds me of a (potential) KD style player. I know I'm going to get kill for saying that lol. 

So what about you all? Have any of your minds changed

The Porter-KD comp isnt crazy at all.  He's one of the view prospects who have offensive talent sufficient enough to build around.

I disagree withon JJJ, Bagley and Bamba.

I think Bamba is the next Giannis.

• Like 1

Absolutely. Bamba is now #2 on my board behind Ayton, before the lottery I probably had him #6. KB has soured me on JJJ, now I see nothing but role player in his future. Everytime I see his name I think Marvin. He'll be in the league a long time, but I'm not convinced his floor is as high as folks are claiming. He blocks a lot of shots, but he fouls a lot. Watching some film, I don't see greatness in him though a shift in his mentality could change things. Bagley I like, but we already have Collins and I'd rather draft a center. He could still end up the best player in the draft, he just has a long road to get there.

The only pick I haven't changed my opinion on is Bonga at #30 or #34. And that's because he's one of the biggest mysteries in the draft.

Just got this off Twitter:

Mo Bamba posted a 3.04 3/4 court sprint

Context: Would have T-1 at Combine, faster than Zhaire Smith & Lonnie Walker

Also faster than:?[emoji91]

Russell Westbrook: 3.08

D-Wade: 3.08

Harden: 3.13

John Wall: 3.14

Terry Rozier: 3.15

Kemba: 3.16

Oladipo: 3.25

Gobert: 3.57

I don't believe it's true, but if so... Supes was right all alongc45bd101797ffe9374d9022403292b42.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Also faster than:?emoji91.png

I don't believe it's true, but if so... Supes was right all alongc45bd101797ffe9374d9022403292b42.jpg

Got-DAYUUUUUUM, if that’s true then it cements La Bamba with that 3rd pick for me. Faster than guards, 7’10 wingspan widest in history, good looking stroke, shot-blocking macheen, not foul prone, well spoken smart kid. La Bamba, J-Bap, Fresh Printz front court would be some shit for years and years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Got-DAYUUUUUUM, if that’s true then it cements La Bamba with that 3rd pick for me. Faster than guards, 7’10 wingspan widest in history, good looking stroke, shot-blocking macheen, not foul prone, well spoken smart kid. La Bamba, J-Bap, Fresh Printz front court would be some shit for years and years. 

I keep telling people, Giannis at center is his ceiling, take it as you may: 

https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2018/04/10/mo-bamba-scouting-report/

• Like 1

Back to OP: yup! Was hoping Doncic would be in play wherever Hawks pick ended up. Then I was all Bagley. Now I’m in the Mo Bamba camp. 

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Back to OP: yup! Was hoping Doncic would be in play wherever Hawks pick ended up. Then I was all Bagley. Now I’m in the Mo Bamba camp. 

Those 3 always being my trio though.

30 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Also faster than:?emoji91.png

The part that gets me is supes was right all along...lol..I love supes but he’s made it virtually impossible for him to be wrong..

Hes got Bagley (main guy) now Bamba but Ayton and Doncic also there..

So the only way u wrong is if jjj fails lol..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

Those 3 always being my trio though.

I’ll be honest I started out faithful...had Doncic and Mikal..then they axed Bud and my mind got twisted..from spurs team ball player (Doncic n Mikal) to superstar name guy (Ayton Bagley)...

Right now if we stand pat:

1 Bagley

1A Bamba

If we trade down: #5-#8

Mikal Bridges 

Trae Young

MPJ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The part that gets me is supes was right all along...lol..I love supes but he’s made it virtually impossible for him to be wrong..

Hes got Bagley (main guy) now Bamba but Ayton and Doncic also there..

So the only way u wrong is if jjj fails lol..

I watched more college Basketball this year than in the last 8 years combined. I really want this draft to go well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I’ll be honest I started out faithful...had Doncic and Mikal..then they axed Bud and my mind got twisted..from spurs team ball player (Doncic n Mikal) to superstar name guy (Ayton Bagley)...

Right now if we stand pat:

1 Bagley

1A Bamba

If we trade down: #5-#8

Mikal Bridges 

Trae Young

MPJ

Damn good list. Don't sleep on Doncic. His PG abilities is as advanced as a young CP3.