• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have Your Mind Changed On Who You Want?

Brotha2ThaNite

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Honestly, I don't think that anybody should try to find the next Curry.  It's a lot more than Shooting that makes a Curry.   This may be the next Harold Miner.

I hate 'the next'.  Has that ever worked out?

If they think Young can be great in his own right, then take him.  But I don't wanna hear they took him because he can be the next Curry or Nash or any other great.  Stop chasing ghosts.

• Like 2

Lets give Steve Kyler our draft board. lol

Two out of four have the Hawks picking MPJ.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2018-nba-consensus-mock-draft-ver-6-0/

BASKETBALL INSIDERS (STEVE KYLER)
1. C DeAndre Ayton, Suns
2. PF Marvin Bagley III, Kings
3. SF Michael Porter Jr., Hawks
4. PG Luka Doncic, Grizzlies
5. PF/C Wendell Carter, Mavericks
6. F Jaren Jackson Jr., Magic
7. PF Mohamed Bamba, Bulls
8. SF Mikal Bridges, Cavaliers
9. PG Trae Young, Knicks
10. SF Kevin Knox, 76ers

19. SG Donte DiVincenzo, Hawks
30. PG Jalen Brunson, Hawks

• Moderators
5 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Only thing is Collins would have to continue developing his midrange jumper.

I don't see any set of circumstances where he doesn't need to keep developing his jumper.

• Like 1

Still think the same, top 3 are Ayton, Doncic and Bagley... i have now Bagley ranked ahead of Doncic, outside of those 3 is Bamba and Porter hands down. 

I would be happy with Bagley, all-star potential but I think he is going 2nd, so is down to Doncic, Bamba and Porter and for some reason I am beginning to think Bamba is the best fit. Would not be mad if we end with Doncic or Porter and would definately be mad if we end with JJJ. Don’t think we are considering Young, hope not.

My mind has changed again. lol

Im back on the Bamba train..Highest upside of anyone imo.. Deke with an offensive game to match is what I see in his future. Imagine that.(Dude hit 80% from 3 in a recent workout)..He'll be there at #3. Just take him...

#3 Bamba

#19 Elie Okobo or Aaron Holiday

#30 Josh Okogie

#34 Melvin Frazier

Bamba at #3 AND Doncic at #4.... Get it done Travis......................As much as I dont want Chandler Parsons in a Hawks uniform..(He was Deandre's neighbor when he played for the Rockets, and is an asshole. lol)

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bamba at #3 AND Doncic at #4.... Get it done Travis......................As much as I dont want Chandler Parsons in a Hawks uniform..(He was Deandre's neighbor when he played for the Rockets, and is an asshole. lol)

Can’t believe Memphis would do this but I’m all on board for this.

That would be the draft of a lifetime if he could get it done.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can’t believe Memphis would do this but I’m all on board for this.

I agree..But anything is possible..With that said, I could see Bagley or Doncic fitting in nicely with Gasol/Conley..

25 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
33 minutes ago, terrell said:

That would be the draft of a lifetime if he could get it done.

He'd still get criticized around here by some. lol

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:
4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:
Yeah me because Doncic isn’t a top 5 prospect in my eyes.

Why don't you like him?

He’s as savvy, skilled, and accomplished as they come for a prospect. I just am not a believer in his athletic ability and fear his impact will be limited once he comes to the NBA. As much as I see the skills, athleticism does matter in the NBA much more than it does in any of the Euro leagues. 

• Like 1

He’s as savvy, skilled, and accomplished as they come for a prospect. I just am not a believer in his athletic ability and fear his impact will be limited once he comes to the NBA. As much as I see the skills, athleticism does matter in the NBA much more than it does in any of the Euro leagues. 

Can't say I find fault with what you said. I just think his skill level is so high he will find ways to mitigate his lack of elite athleticism. Especially if he's played as a point guard. I don't think he'll be a league leader in scoring, but he'll be able to contribute to winning basketball in many different ways.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Harden, CP3, Curry, Thompson, Deron Williams, Rondo, etc....were never that athletic.  They just have/ had "savvy and skills".. Just sayin. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, terrell said:

Harden, CP3, Curry, Thompson, Deron Williams, Rondo, etc....were never that athletic.  They just have/ had "savvy and skills".. Just sayin. 

Yes no doubt. I would recommend just re-watching Doncic in that context though. I was largely neutral on him until I realized we might draft him. Once I started seeing tape, I noticed one common thread. He struggled to beat his defender off the dribble without a screen AND wasn’t consistently punishing the big man who switched on him. It’s unfortunate because literally everything else about the guy screams star to me. I’m believe he will not be average athletically  like those guys you stated. I fear he’d actually be below average to the point where it hinders his game. I’m sure all of you remember how much Joe declined after his first couple seasons here ? He reminds me of THAT Joe Johnson with better IQ, playmaking, and worse defense. The Joe that used to drive us crazy because he just didn’t have the wheels to beat the man in front of him. That was immediately who I thought of once I started watching tape of him around the web. He’s going to live and die by his jump shot IMO.

52 minutes ago, terrell said:

Too me... Everyone you named are pretty fast with the handles. Deron Wiliams might be the only one who wasn't. In fact... That's just who Doncic might be.  

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Can't say I find fault with what you said. I just think his skill level is so high he will find ways to mitigate his lack of elite athleticism. Especially if he's played as a point guard. I don't think he'll be a league leader in scoring, but he'll be able to contribute to winning basketball in many different ways.

Agree with this.