Have Your Mind Changed On Who You Want?

Brotha2ThaNite

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Me too...in the last 8 for me as well.Teague 09 

I watched that class moderately well considering the time and era. I missed on a number of guys and hit on some others. I was always high on Harden and Griffin. Seeing my notes, I really liked Curry but felt he was a system player. Never seen him becoming a top 3 NBA player but development, BBIQ, drive, and mindset is critical for superstardom. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Damn good list. Don't sleep on Doncic. His PG abilities is as advanced as a young CP3. 

Is Bagley a better pro in the end than Bamba? Man, this is a tough one..I almost want to say Bamba is 1 and Bags 1A but Bags been born to be a star..Bamba hasn’t but scary part is you can’t teach a freak body and you can’t deny the fact that Bamba is intelligent and will only improve....

Man...maybe Bamba..lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I watched that class moderately well considering the time and era. I missed on a number of guys and hit on some others. I was always high on Harden and Griffin. Seeing my notes, I really liked Curry but felt he was a system player. Never seen him becoming a top 3 NBA player but development, BBIQ, drive, and mindset is critical for superstardom. 

I though Griffin would be a huge bust...Harden would be a 6th man (right first few years but he took off in H town) and I thought Curry would be an all star and a Nash type which is why I still have a strong feeling about Trae. He’s not Curry but he’s sees angles in passing lanes that others don’t. He’s got that natural Lonzo vision that you can teach. 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Is Bagley a better pro in the end than Bamba? Man, this is a tough one..I almost want to say Bamba is 1 and Bags 1A but Bags been born to be a star..Bamba hasn’t but scary part is you can’t teach a freak body and you can’t deny the fact that Bamba is intelligent and will only improve....

Man...maybe Bamba..lol

I believe Bagley is 22/12/3 as a NBA rookie with plus efficiency and impact. He's my highest rated rookie ever as a freshman entry. While he does have a ceiling, I think the sky is the limit if he becomes a 38-40% 3PT and gets stronger going to the right not to mention getting more consistent on defense which he is far from right now. No matter what, no one can stay in front of his first step. Like that Bamba dunk is him in a nutshell for me. This drive by Bagley is him in a nutshell for me which is an a freak guard athlete at 6'11. He's not just a great athlete for his size like Durant, he's just a freak athlete for anyone. 

I've only seen this quickness from the Malik Monk's and Lou Williams of the world. At 6'11, no one is this damn quick with that 1st step. He will dominate the NBA offensively as a rookie.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I though Griffin would be a huge bust...Harden would be a 6th man (right first few years but he took off in H town) and I thought Curry would be an all star and a Nash type which is why I still have a strong feeling about Trae. He’s not Curry but he’s sees angles in passing lanes that others don’t. He’s got that natural Lonzo vision that you can teach. 

I used to get frustrated hearing Curry compared to Nash by some. I never saw the advanced PG skills. Even now, Curry is an excellent passer, I still see his PG skills lacking to some degree. He's not a natural like Nash or CP3 was but he's a hell of a SG off the ball and it really helps him as a PG for GS. He's hell to defend on or off the ball. Young doesn't have advanced PG skills but he has the vision, the feel for the game, and the agility needed for the position but he's going to have to develop a lot as a PG. He needs a team to be patient with him. That's why I like Sexton. He can come in day 1 and start. I think Sexton would be a top 5 pick in last years draft. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll be honest I started out faithful...had Doncic and Mikal..then they axed Bud and my mind got twisted..from spurs team ball player (Doncic n Mikal) to superstar name guy (Ayton Bagley)...

Right now if we stand pat:

1 Bagley

1A Bamba

If we trade down: #5-#8

Mikal Bridges 

Trae Young

MPJ

I concur. See what I did there? Smart doctors on tv say “I concurrrrr” and whatnot.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I watched more college Basketball this year than in the last 8 years combined. I really want this draft to go well. 

I did too and I watched 3 Doncic games, but only did that because draft express guy went to ESPN and I knew it would be hard to get good video. Still is hard. Can't find much defensive video for any kid these prospects. 

51 minutes ago, deester11 said:

What does a successful haul look like to you Supes?

Bagley/Ayton/Bamba/Doncic at #3. 

Move up to #14. Get Porter Jr/Shai/Trae Young/Williams if Doncic #3 /Walker. I don't see JJJ falling pass Charlotte but if available, JJJ. 

At #30: BPA

At #34: need position who is the best fit who is also the BPA. 

13 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

I did too and I watched 3 Doncic games, but only did that because draft express guy went to ESPN and I knew it would be hard to get good video. Still is hard. Can't find much defensive video for any kid these prospects. 

I've seen the games. It's not that impressive but it's not terrible either. On ball defense won't be a stable for him. 

33 minutes ago, hazer said:

I concur. See what I did there? Smart doctors on tv say “I concurrrrr” and whatnot.

I did and might come look at some homes ur featuring in LA this summer...full disclose tho..much like I love u man I’m there for the spread. #spudeats

Ok reading that aloud...sounded a tad strange..lol

• Like 1

Wow I’m a bit shocked at the mo Bamba love in this thread but I do understand and I wouldn’t necessarily hate the pick but Bamba is my number 2 or 3 guy for our 3rd pick....for me Porter Jr is my number 1 pick for the hawks.

i believe Porter Jr will be a big time scorer in the nba at his 6’10 or 6’11 height.

as for bamba his offense scares me as a fan! Nice jumpshot, decent footwork but he has a lot to work on the offensive end. I can see the potential but the realism says he’s probably a 14/10 guy at best with some DPOY runs throughout his career.

• Like 1

One last thing ....I’m not shitting on bamba but just because he has a good looking jumpshooting form that doesn’t mean a whole lot to me.

in my opinion josh smith had a nice form too but that shit never made its way through the goal did it? ....am I not telling the truth?

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

One last thing ....I’m not shitting on bamba but just because he has a good looking jumpshooting form that doesn’t mean a whole lot to me.

in my opinion josh smith had a nice form too but that shit never made its way through the goal did it? ....am I not telling the truth?

The thing that's swinging me towards Bamba though is his work ethic, intelligence and willingness to work.  I think he's a great compliment to Collins although I do worry about the spacing. Defensively, it's a wrap.  

My successful draft:

1 of Doncic-Bamba -Bagley

2. . Trade up (Targets: Sexton, Young, Alexander, Walker, Z. Smith, K.Thomas)

3. Okogie, Frazier, Alkins 

If you get Bamba,it opens up the draft for wing players.  Not just need but the best one available.

If you trade Dennis for a late pick, a PG is needed.  Aggressive trade up needed.

There's so many ways to go that the hawk's could alter this draft significantly.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I've seen the games. It's not that impressive but it's not terrible either. On ball defense won't be a stable for him. 

Yeah I've seen plenty of Donicic D I'm thinking of guys I'm interested in at 19 and 30 like Jerome Robinson, Kevin Huerter, Khyri Thomas,  Donte DiVincenzo, and De'Anthony Melton. Draft express was a good source of defensive cut ups. For example, Jerome Robinson has bad defensive advanced stats, but his team was pretty bad. I want to see him move on D because his O is nice. 

21 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Yeah I've seen plenty of Donicic D I'm thinking of guys I'm interested in at 19 and 30 like Jerome Robinson, Kevin Huerter, Khyri Thomas,  Donte DiVincenzo, and De'Anthony Melton. Draft express was a good source of defensive cut ups. For example, Jerome Robinson has bad defensive advanced stats, but his team was pretty bad. I want to see him move on D because his O is nice. 

I like Donte DiVincenzo. I think he will be a very good NBA player. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like Donte DiVincenzo. I think he will be a very good NBA player. 

Donte’s got a little Klay in him offensively. Good shooter and a great athlete and plays hard. Wouldn’t mind him at all.

19 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Measurable-s with Bamba, and a great defender with some offense skills is all I see.  I just don't see him being better than Jaren Jackson Jr and Bagley on the offenses end. 

I can see him being better than JJJ offensively with relative ease. He translates a lot better offensively than JJJ. Of course he wont be near Bagley on offense, no one will. 

Bamba offensive potential is higher than his defensive potential.

13 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

I wasn't a fan of Marvin Bagley and Jeren Jackson Jr.

I was a fan of Luka Doncic and Mohamed Bamba. I now see them as strong role players.

My draft picks in order were...  Luka Doncvc, Michael Porter, and Bamba

Now order is Michael Porter, Jaren Jackson Jr and Bagley.

I believe Porter has the talent to be a Super Star with JJJ coming in to a close second.  Call me crazy but after watching video on some of his games JJJ reminds me of a (potential) KD style player. I know I'm going to get kill for saying that lol. 

So what about you all? Have any of your minds changed

I'm not a killer, but don't push me . . .

Durant at his best . . . in college.  Sorry, JJJ can't do this, and will never be able to do this.

• Like 1

• Admin

I don't understand the love for Bamba ... he might be good but I see him as an NBA role player ... he will be a nice defensive center in the league but he is not someone you build your franchise around.  We are starting over and we should use the pick on a guy that can be a 'potential' franchise player.  I like Bagley and Doncic ahead of him as well as Porter (if his back is good).

• Like 3