• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do You Hear What I Hear?

hazer

The best deal for Memphis will be the one they do or they keep #4 pick. 

If they get really competitive offers, best believe we gonna get rid of one of Prince or Collins, trade our other picks in this class and eat ALL of Parsons abomination of a contract. 

Who's competing with us? Aside from the Mavs I thought we were the only team capable of eating that contract without sending anything back. The Cavs could maybe give them Love if they know LeBron is gone but those are the only teams I can think of, aside from another team deciding to rebuild.

10 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:
The best deal for Memphis will be the one they do or they keep #4 pick. 

If they get really competitive offers, best believe we gonna get rid of one of Prince or Collins, trade our other picks in this class and eat ALL of Parsons abomination of a contract. 

Who's competing with us? Aside from the Mavs I thought we were the only team capable of eating that contract without sending anything back. The Cavs could maybe give them Love if they know LeBron is gone but those are the only teams I can think of, aside from another team deciding to rebuild.

Bill Simmons just posted a fake trade that may shed some perspective on suitors.  

Sacramento got Patrick Beverly and the #4 pick

Memphis got Tobias Harris, #12, #13 and filler

LA Clippers got Parsons and #2

If that's true value as perceived around the league, then I was wrong that our #19 and even #30 for Parsons and #4 would be enough.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dragitoff said:

Understood that.  Maybe I should've phrased it they'd have to opt out and us renounce their cap holds.  

Once they opt out, I don't think there are any cap holds to renounce.  Could be wrong.

IDK wtf this thread is anymore so I guess it's a nice place to dump that Kawhi desperately wants to get out of San Antonio. Seems like he wants a bigger market for his branding, among other things (not trusting the Spurs medical staff etc).

2 hours ago, DBac said:

IDK wtf this thread is anymore so I guess it's a nice place to dump that Kawhi desperately wants to get out of San Antonio. Seems like he wants a bigger market for his branding, among other things (not trusting the Spurs medical staff etc).

Yep.  Unfortunately, Kawhi is putting himself ahead of the team.  I used to like him a lot, but I dislike players who always try to make things about themselves.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

Bill Simmons just posted a fake trade that may shed some perspective on suitors.  

If that's true value as perceived around the league, then I was wrong that our #19 and even #30 for Parsons and #4 would be enough.  

uhm...Bill Simmons?  https://deadspin.com/bill-simmons-is-a-shitty-writer-1703163076

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yeah I was lending his writing to simply state if that's what people think the value of Parsons/#4 pick is, we need to move along.  Tobias Harris is a decent NBA player.  #12/#13 are good picks.  

4 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

You see, this is the nonsense BS type of crap I'm talking about.

Why on God's green earth would the Clippers give up 12, 13, a 19 ppg scorer, a 12 ppg scorer for #2 and $49 million dollars in bad salary?  Seriously?  Think this through. Is Bill Simmons on mushrooms?  That deal makes absolutely no sense for the Clippers. Not to mention both Harris and Beverly are on expirings this year, Beverly is in his rookie year 4.  It's BS, don't even get involved in nonsense like this. National writers know nothing. They are selling click bait to the 3 biggest markets....

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You see, this is the nonsense BS type of crap I'm talking about.

Why on God's green earth would the Clippers give up 12, 13, a 19 ppg scorer, a 12 ppg scorer for #2 and $49 million dollars in bad salary?  Seriously?  Think this through. Is Bill Simmons on mushrooms?  That deal makes absolutely no sense for the Clippers. Not to mention both Harris and Beverly are on expirings this year, Beverly is in his rookie year 4.  It's BS, don't even get involved in nonsense like this. National writers know nothing. They are selling click bait to the 3 biggest markets....

Agree with you on this.  Simmons is an entertainment writer who is just spitballing.  No need to give it the time of day.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Who didn’t think Vlade was taking Doncic? I’ve said this from day 1. Doncic is #1 or 2.

Still hoping he slips to us.  I don't expect it but the Kings do dumb things all the time so it leaves the door open for hope.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

Still hoping he slips to us.  I don't expect it but the Kings do dumb things all the time so it leaves the door open for hope.

Ya me too...Slovenian fans...unselfish young star who can get teammates involved...whats not to like..damn I sound like Nicky Gilbert a few years back. Lol..I’m on board with Doncic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2018 at 0:49 AM, hazer said:

Trae Young is only working out for Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, and New York. Schlenk is a Curry guy, Young has been compared to Curry (although he claims to model his game after Nash which I agree more with).

Schlenk said Hawks have narrowed it down to “3 or 4” players. Hawks sessions next week: Young, JJJ, Bamba, and Bagley. There’s your 3 or 4. Schlenk also mentioned trading back “a couple of spots” if the package was right. Swap with Dallas for their 2019 pick, unprotected? That should convey Top 5 again next year. 

So there it is in black and white. If Dallas sweetens the deal enough, Schlenk trades back to 5th and takes Young. If not, he takes Bagley. Bamba or JJJ if Bagley is gone.

If he trades back for Young and is really smart, which I think he is, he then bundles Schröder and the rest of our picks to move back into the top 10 and takes whoever’s left of Bamba, JJJ, Porter, or Bridges.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:50 AM, Peoriabird said:

lol...Schlenk is taking Bagley or Bamba

Lol at Hawks trading back with Dallas and snagging Young, indeed ?

• Like 2