• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do You Hear What I Hear?

hazer

You then come away from this year’s draft with Young plus either Bamba, JJJ, Porter, or Bridges. Plus the Mavs’ likely Top 5-10 pick next year. Added to Printz and J-Bap. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

You then come away from this year’s draft with Young plus either Bamba, JJJ, Porter, or Bridges. Plus the Mavs’ likely Top 5-10 pick next year. Added to Printz and J-Bap. 

With Noel (UFA) and McDermott (RFA) possibly signing elsewhere and Dirk possibly retiring (says he’s not, but should after season-ending surgery), Mav’s 1st next year is highly likely to be Top 5 again.

• Like 2

Been heard been seeing

Yup I hear what you hear and see exactly what you see. I’ve long said that I believe Trae Young is the guy Schlenk wants in Atlanta.....just too ironic of a situation!

Not too shocking....right?

What are the odds ?! schlenk comes here from the warriors and in his second off season as the hawks gm there’s a curry comparison  player near the top of the draft ....yeah go figure! Lol...but we all knew schlenk was always high on Trae and if he can pull off the trade with Dallas or another team maybe even Memphis he’s going to draft Trae Young no doubt I believe.

I’ve also stated several times that I’ve been counting down on Dennis days being a hawk! as I don’t believe schlenk ever truly liked him

Once the hawks trade the 3rd to move back a few spots to grab Trae, dennis will be traded during draft night immediately after along with the other late first rd picks in effort to move back up in the draft maybe to a team like the clippers who I believe owns two late lottery first rd picks or the nuggets.

BUT the flip side to all of this .....

while I see that going after Trae is a realistic event of trades happening I believe schlenk only goes about doing just that if there’s already a deal that’s been agreed on to trade Dennis! If he can’t seem to package Dennis a long with the other late first rd picks to move back in the late lottery say with Denver or someone.....it’s probably a no go for trading the 3rd pick and falling back a few spots to get Trae.

To sum it up....

To me schlenk will have to have things lined up to near perfection to pull this off where it works out greatly for the team overall.

Now in regards to free agency....

call me crazy but with having coach pierce here now and since the hawks front office isn’t in a huge rush to start winning games necessarily this upcoming season as they call it a “development year” so to say ... I believe Nerlens Noel has a starting spot in Atlanta waiting for him and he will be the somewhat big pickup for the hawks over the off season.

My predicting starting five based on me trying my best to predict Schlenks thinking lol.....

pg - Trae Young 

Sg - best available once trading back up in the lottery or Prince 

Sf- best available once trading back up in the lottery or Prince

Pf - Collins

C -Nerlens Noel

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hazer said:

Trae Young is only working out for Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, and New York. Schlenk is a Curry guy, Young has been compared to Curry (although he claims to model his game after Nash which I agree more with).

Schlenk said Hawks have narrowed it down to “3 or 4” players. Hawks sessions next week: Young, JJJ, Bamba, and Bagley. There’s your 3 or 4. Schlenk also mentioned trading back “a couple of spots” if the package was right. Swap with Dallas for their 2019 pick, unprotected? That should convey Top 5 again next year. 

So there it is in black and white. If Dallas sweetens the deal enough, Schlenk trades back to 5th and takes Young. If not, he takes Bagley. Bamba or JJJ if Bagley is gone.

If he trades back for Young and is really smart, which I think he is, he then bundles Schröder and the rest of our picks to move back into the top 10 and takes whoever’s left of Bamba, JJJ, Porter, or Bridges.

Well, I guess we're not getting any of these players. Curry never worked out for the GSW. lol

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

lol...Schlenk is taking Bagley or Bamba

loti (laughing on the inside)...We shall see ;)

47 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You read the part about if the trade-back deal isn’t sweet enough Schlloyd just picks Bagley, Bamba, and/or JJJ at 3, right? So your “lol” is that he’s not even considering trading back? I read ya :approved:

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

Maybe so! We’ll have to see but I wouldn’t count out Trae so easily.

I agree, and stated so, if a good enough deal to drop back doesn’t materialize.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I did find out that Atlanta expects Doncic to be off the board to Kings. A lot of indications in the NBA is the Kings wants Doncic. 

That solves a lot of problems. If we can get Mavs’ 1st next year I think we drop back and take Trae. If not, we stand pat and take Bagley. I left Doncic out of the equation before because I think he was more Pudenholzer’s preference, so this simplifies things if so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is Travis guy. But Peterson guy and the scouting department and the owners guy is Bagley but if Bagley is gone. This draft is all over the place.

Again, this is very similar to what I stated last week but Dallas needs a player who is NBA ready now and so you take Bagley or JJJ at 3 and then Trade Dennis + picks (I'm thinking 30 + our Cleveland pick next year) to grab 5 and take Young there.

• Like 3