Ain't No Party Like A Hawks Draft Party Cuz A Hawks Draft Party Don't Stop

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

1819_hwk_rv_events_draft_general_800x600

It's gonna be a long one (6:30 until 10 PM)... Probably won't need to pack a lunch, though!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/official-2018-hawks-public-draft-viewing-party-tickets-46769091612#

Join us on Thursday, June 21 at 6:30 p.m. at STATS for our 2018 Draft Viewing Party Driven By Kumho Tire.

Our biggest fans will get together to watch the team make three first-round selections during the 2018 NBA Draft.

The watch party is free and open to the public. We'll have appearances by the Atlanta Hawks Cheerleaders, Harry the Hawk, Flight Crew, and more.

Tickets are FREE and required for entry, so claim them before they're gone!

~lw3

• Like 2

I’mo try to work my schedule around this event so I can attend. Let’s make it an official HS get-up, never met any of you in person :drinks:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, hazer said:

I’mo try to work my schedule around this event so I can attend. Let’s make it an official HS get-up, never met any of you in person :drinks:

All my likes are used up but I think this is a great idea!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 2:50 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

1819_hwk_rv_events_draft_general_800x600

It's gonna be a long one (6:30 until 10 PM)... Probably won't need to pack a lunch, though!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/official-2018-hawks-public-draft-viewing-party-tickets-46769091612#

~lw3

I am not going to make this now. I went on a last minute camping trip to Red River Gorge this week, so my travel money and time is spent. The draft party will be fun; but I had a chance to go to a place I've never been and had to take it. I enjoyed the gorge so much, I am thinking about making it a monthly trip until the real bad weather hits.

Go Hawks!

• Like 2

Can’t make it after all, with clients until 7pm way the hell up in Kennesaw. I’ll raise a glass from home ? 

• Moderators

Crowd hype deflated so quickly as the WojBomb dropped. No excitement about the raffle whatsoever. Rooftop scene was cool as usual but the cable feeds on most of the TVs were very choppy. The team trotted out Steve Holman to sweeten the way the deal sounded to the folks gathered there but it didn't help much.

~lw3

Crowd hype deflated so quickly as the WojBomb dropped. No excitement about the raffle whatsoever. Rooftop scene was cool as usual but the cable feeds on most of the TVs were very choppy. The team trotted out Steve Holman to sweeten the way the deal sounded to the folks gathered there but it didn't help much.

~lw3

So from the sounds of it, fans weren't happy?

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
21 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

So from the sounds of it, fans weren't happy?

A couple claps (a few sarcastic), but mostly a big loud "meh!"

~lw3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

A couple claps (a few sarcastic), but mostly a big loud "meh!"

~lw3

That wouldn’t have been the reaction if we had kept the pick.  Schlenk has put himself in the crosshairs with this gamble.  Hope Trae blows up and the Dallas pick turns this into a coup.  If neither guy ends up better than Doncic this will burn Travis badly.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

That wouldn’t have been the reaction if we had kept the pick.  Schlenk has put himself in the crosshairs with this gamble.  Hope Trae blows up and the Dallas pick turns this into a coup.  If neither guy ends up better than Doncic this will burn Travis badly.

A potential #TravisTy!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I hope so to. I just have a bad feeling.

At least next season, the Dallas pick watch thread and the Cavs pick watch thread will be entertaining.