• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it possible?

asdogg

To pick either Bagely, JJJ, Bamba with third pick ..come up with a trade package to get back in the draft with Memphis, Dallas, Orlando or Chicago and get  Trae Young? 

What assests do we have to entice the other teams to get a realistic trade done or is it just a pipe dream. 

Really looking at the above teams needs to see if they have reason to take our later picks , current players and send back bad contracts to us.

Toughts?

I don't think so. Dennis and 19 could possibly be packaged and sent to the Knicks for 9. They have a new GM so he will have to consider Dennis his starter for the future. Same can be said for any team Dennis may go to. He makes 15 million a year so no one will take him to be their 2nd string PG. I don't think Jerry West and the Clips want anything to do with Dennis.

• Like 1

Do any of the teams want or need Dennis or Baze along with our two picks this year with a top 3 protected pick next year and we take back bad contracts...sounds severe but Young stats and highlights look like he may be the stud of the draft. 

Young

JJJ/ Bagely/Bamba

Collins

Prince

sign Noel as FA if Bagley or Bamba is not how we go. 

We had some discussion about this in the Draft thread.  Cleveland may opt to take quantity over quality when they inevitably blow it up this offseason and might be willing to part with the Brooklyn pick in favor of a team taking back unwanted salary (Hill, Smith, Thompson, etc.) and a few 1st rounders.  Young may not be available at that point, but that's a possibility.  Orlando has been hot for a quality PG for years.  Payton wasn't cutting the mustard and they've got bad contracts and no upside in the short term.  Would they be willing to take Dennis/#19/#30 for Biyombo/their 1st?  Unlikely, especially a division rival and they could realistically draft Young or Sexton with their pick and get their franchise PG.  They'd still be saddled with Biyombo though.  

9 hours ago, asdogg said:

To pick either Bagely, JJJ, Bamba with third pick ..come up with a trade package to get back in the draft with Memphis, Dallas, Orlando or Chicago and get  Trae Young? 

What assests do we have to entice the other teams to get a realistic trade done or is it just a pipe dream. 

Really looking at the above teams needs to see if they have reason to take our later picks , current players and send back bad contracts to us.

Toughts?

I covered this very question in another thread.  It'll take 2 days and 3 boxes of donuts, but I recommend you read through the consolidate draft thread. Despite the yelling, threats to genitalia and repetitive rants, there is some very good information on pretty much every topic and player discussed in the other threads.

Here's the basics.  Memphis doesn't need a PG but would take 19, the Cleveland pick next year, 34 and player like Bembry/Dorsey.

Orlando, Chicago, NY, Cleveland could all use Dennis and their picks could be had for Dennis + 19 (maybe 30 if you include a prospect or take back bad salary). For example, Dennis +30 to NY for 9 + Noah.  New York desperately wants to unload Noah. They need to make the playoffs this year.

I detailed a plan to get 3 picks in the top 10 but it would require giving up all of our 3 picks after 3 this year and the Cleveland pick next year...taking back some salary and giving up Dennis and or Bembry/Dorsey.

• Like 1

I guess the answer to this question is ..”is trae young and a top 3 this year worth  forking  over the farm “ 

I don't know the prospects for next year , I don't know what lottery slot our team will get next year, or how strong is the projected draft next year. 

Therfore if had to pick one I  would go with Young  11. 7 BPM with a 28.3 Per on a shitty Oklahoma team 

Posted something like this in the draft thread. I'd take on some bad salary in Dennis/Baze trades to hop up some spots to land one of Sexton/Young. Something like...

Dennis for Knight/#16

Baze/#16/#30 for Noah/#9.

Could also see that Hornets pick being available if we take on some money. Baze/pick for Batum/#11, something along those lines.

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Ask yourself this question...Who would would win the proposed trade and then you will have your answer.

The only other factor is money though, and there are A LOT of teams in dire straits money wise this off-season. Like half the league is staring at the tax.

Similar to what I’m hoping happens. Discussed in at least 2 other threads. Go check them out. You’ll learn a lot about certain posters as a bonus :approved:

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

Posted something like this in the draft thread. I'd take on some bad salary in Dennis/Baze trades to hop up some spots to land one of Sexton/Young. Something like...

Dennis for Knight/#16

Baze/#16/#30 for Noah/#9.

Could also see that Hornets pick being available if we take on some money. Baze/pick for Batum/#11, something along those lines.

1 st deal I like.

2nd what the hell 

3rd maybe but the consensus would be we lose all three trades . 

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Also if you check my capulator thread. I gave a basic formula for value in trading picks. It is not perfect because picks also include tying up salary for a player who may not pan out.

Exactly, if player bust or is seriously injured, we either have to suck and ride out the bad cap space; or return the favor and send picks and bad cap to someone else.

Considering we have sold a few low picks over the years, I have no problem if we were to buy a high one this year.

1 hour ago, Royjr9 said:

1 st deal I like.

2nd what the hell 

3rd maybe but the consensus would be we lose all three trades . 

2nd may be an overpay, these are just the frameworks. If we really like someone at 9, I'm just trying to give an idea of options and what it would take to move up. Maybe Baze/#16 alone gets it done

Bamba is rocketing up many draft charts and whomever is his agent is kicking much arse in getting the most flattering narrative about him out there.  I bring this up as it makes what is already considered a pretty solid (especially in the top 10) draft means to me that the price for a top 5 or even 10 pick is going to be pretty spendy.

While I remain agnostic about Bomba, I still lean towards Bagley at the 3 pick.  I still am hoping a rabbit is pulled allowing us to get Anton, but it seems exceedingly unlikely.

Zero chance. Teams are starting to lock in on guys, it's going to be impossible to move up into the top 5 for the value teams are willing to pay. 

If the Lakers make Lonzo Ball available for trade, we should jump on it with players and assets. 

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I would like Bagley and Bamba if we could pull it off.

That would be BEAUTIFUL. I am hearing they will be working out together for us. I would trade so much value to get both players and even take on salary. 

• Like 2