• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Supes v. KB, Nope! Just some JJJ v. Marvin Bagley talk

Flight

@Spud2nique, are you reading this? Is KB blind or just refuses to read or watch anything I post where he knows it is not going to show JJJ in a favorable light. I remember when DX came with the Bagley video. KB posted it in minutes, even mentioned me. JJJ video went half of the day without being posted till @GameTime did and KB was online at the time posting videos in favor of JJJ. So it's not like he didn't see it. He just didn't agree and didn't post it. But I am the only who's not objective. This f***ing guy...

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OK, crawfish.  You can't find a credible source that shares your opinion.  I can post multiple credible sources that share my opinion on both players.

https://www.thestepien.com/marvin-bagley/

https://www.thestepien.com/jaren-jackson/

How can you agree with that when no one creates for Bagley at Duke. It's not like hes Collins with 70%+ assisted rate. Bagley does more isolation than anyone in the top 10. Its shit like this that goes v. Reality into fan fiction.

• Moderators

I see very little out there calling JJJ a bust, but here were a couple:

“My opinion on Jaren Jackson Jr. is pretty simple — a lot of hype, just not my type. The idea of Jackson Jr. being a top-5 talent just seems forced, and I, for one, don’t see the potential everyone else apparently does. Being a big man that can hit threes is not the end all be all for me.” –Emmanuel Dixon

“My pick for lottery bust from the beginning was always Trae Young, but when the hype train that is the Jaren Jackson believers came steaming through, I did my reviews on the youngster from Michigan State. I’m not sold on him and think that he has a lot to prove before he would ever be worthy of a top 5 pick or being drafted in front of Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, or Bamba. I could be very wrong, but he just doesn’t check all the boxes for me, and I think he will need a specific system in order to thrive.” –Kohl Rast

• Like 1

This JJJ narrative is hilarious to me. How is he two way when over 70+ of his shots are assisted. Nearly half are from 3. He doesn't score in the post at all. For Bagley abandonment of the mid range, JJJ rarely shoots them. Like, how is this guy two way. There is a vast difference between two way and 3 and D. Bamba projection - two way. Jackson projection- 3 and D. Jackson literally gets majority his points from three or rim running. How is that two way potential? How? 

Ya'll keep talking Marvin Williams Jr. Up and the faster he will fall.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

How can you agree with that when no one creates for Bagley at Duke. It's not like hes Collins with 70%+ assisted rate. Bagley does more isolation than anyone in the top 10. Its shit like this that goes v. Reality into fan fiction.

56% of his shots at the rim are assisted, and another 22.6% come off of offensive rebounds.  So, a total of roughly 79% of his at the rim offense have either been assisted shots or offensive put backs.  Where's the creation?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This JJJ narrative is hilarious to me. How is he two way when over 70+ of his shots are assisted. Nearly half are from 3. He doesn't score in the post at all. For Bagley abandonment of the mid range, JJJ rarely shoots them. Like, how is this guy two way. There is a vast difference between two way and 3 and D. Bamba projection - two way. Jackson projection- 3 and D. Jackson literally gets majority his points from three or rim running. How is that two way potential? How? 

Ya'll keep talking Marvin Williams Jr. Up and the faster he will fall.

For a guy who loves Horford, I'm surprised you are this down on JJJ's offense.  For his career, Al Horford is assisted on 70.1% of his FGs.

The problem I have with thestepien and guys like them isnt their analysis. It's how they try to typecast players. That's what annoys me and yes, I know I do it too.

Bagley always been able to create his own offense. How can you say, he needs a creator like a Nash? That doesn't make sense. 

This is why JJJ is getting overhyped. Not because of what he is, but where they want to projected his player type. If he was rated correctly, I wouldn't be having this conversation with you all. 

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

For a guy who loves Horford, I'm surprised you are this down on JJJ's offense.  For his career, Al Horford is assisted on 70.1% of his FGs.

Horford does so much more. Horford is elite in many categories. He is a possession to possession menace. Always looking to make the best Basketball decision. He dont be flailing around like Marvin Jr picking up stupid fouls. When I get home KB. I will have a video session and you gonna learn. Choose the game. It could be JJJ best one. I dont care. I am breaking it down and I will talk about the good and bad I see. 

Say what you want, but he does a lot that translates to the NBA from all of the games I've broken down

Bagley has neither the ball handling ability nor the ambidexterity to be great at self creation.  He will definitely play in some isolation, but he will not be efficient at it.  He's like John Collins.  He needs a strong creator to get him the ball in easy positions for him to score.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bagley has neither the ball handling ability nor the ambidexterity to be great at self creation.  He will definitely play in some isolation, but he will not be efficient at it.  He's like John Collins.  He needs a strong creator to get him the ball in easy positions for him to score.

Lies. How does he not have ball handling ability? 

Lacking the ambidexterity? Do you watch any of Bagley's games? Like any? 

John Collins? Dead. How do you watch him and get John Collins. How? Do you watch the games? 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lies. How does he not have ball handling ability? 

Lacking the ambidexterity? Do you watch any of Bagley's games? Like any? 

John Collins? Dead. How do you watch him and get John Collins. How? Do you watch the games? 

So, you are saying that he isn't a left handed only player?  That he can handle the ball in tight spaces?

Just now, KB21 said:

So, you are saying that he isn't a left handed only player?  That he can handle the ball in tight spaces?

Handling into tight spaces is considered advanced ball handling skills. Just the ability to pull a rebound off the backboard and take it coast to coast is good handles. Draymond has proved that. He has to work on that right hand. That's unquestionable but at this level with his first step and quickness, he should be fine at first. 

But he is a good ball handler. It's crazy, since when have we started looking for advanced handles from a 6'10 and up bigs. AD maybe? It's rare that PF/C even have handles like that.

That way it doesn't spam the draft thread which it always does. Usually suspects

@Spud2nique @DBac @GameTime @thecampster @Sothron @JayBirdHawk and of course @KB21

Everyone is Welcome. If this is about just Bagley or JJJ, you can post it in the draft thread. This is about any convo of these two soon to be millionaires and comparison to MJ, John Collins, Michael Beasley, Amare, Bosh, Marvin Gaye Williams, KP, Theo Ratliff, Zach Collins, Myles Turner, LMA, Amile Jefferson, Al Jefferson, etc