• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Basketball Gods sent me a sign ....coincidence? I think not

JTB

So I’m watching this old Trae Young interview during the draft lottery and who do I see behind Trae coming up at 2:26 seconds mark ?!...check it out.

The Basketball Gods have spoken! Lol ...Hawks will somehow get Trae Young on draft night!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, asdogg said:

Brother, i respect alot of your prognostication on the tank.. i like you dont want to see multiple years down the drain..but if u pick JJJ then that what u will get. A defensive guy and a glue guy but not one that can take u to the promise land...Trae is that piece u build around. Even if his shot doesn’t fall. He has that court vision and saavy to impact those around him with assists. No team in the modern nba is winning with defense alone.  Drafting a big will do that.. Ideally draft Trae and Bamba. Offense and rim protection . 

That's only if Trae Young hits his offensive upside, which I think is unlikely long term.  Is a Mike Bibby type of player one that you build your team around?  I don't think it is.  I appreciate what Mike did for the Hawks, giving them a veteran leader at the point guard position that helped them dig out of the misery of losing, but he most certainly was not a foundation piece for a championship caliber team.  

Now, if he hits his offensive peak, he could be a Steve Nash type of point guard, and that is a foundation piece.  

The concern everyone should have about this is that we have already seen Ressler with a history of making a decision based on what he thinks it will do for ticket sales.....Dwight Howard....., and we may also be drafting him because he has some similarities with Steph Curry, meaning that Travis thinks he can recreate an exact copy of the current Golden State Warriors.  In reality, the combo of Young and Huerter is likely to be nothing more than a poor man's version of The Splash Brothers, and you will not have the defensive foundation to make it work.

If you draft Bamba, you will be neutralized by small ball line ups where you have to take him off the court due to his inability to switch.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

That's only if Trae Young hits his offensive upside, which I think is unlikely long term.  Is a Mike Bibby type of player one that you build your team around?  I don't think it is.  I appreciate what Mike did for the Hawks, giving them a veteran leader at the point guard position that helped them dig out of the misery of losing, but he most certainly was not a foundation piece for a championship caliber team.  

Now, if he hits his offensive peak, he could be a Steve Nash type of point guard, and that is a foundation piece.  

The concern everyone should have about this is that we have already seen Ressler with a history of making a decision based on what he thinks it will do for ticket sales.....Dwight Howard....., and we may also be drafting him because he has some similarities with Steph Curry, meaning that Travis thinks he can recreate an exact copy of the current Golden State Warriors.  In reality, the combo of Young and Huerter is likely to be nothing more than a poor man's version of The Splash Brothers, and you will not have the defensive foundation to make it work.

If you draft Bamba, you will be neutralized by small ball line ups where you have to take him off the court due to his inability to switch.

Remember young Bibby in sac town was kind of awesome .. Old Bibby with the hawks post hand injury was ok...i think u will agree picking Prime Bibby is not a bad haul for the draft.

i would not mind trae and JJJ ...but JJJ , Bagely or Bamba alone is kind of comce comsa draft. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asdogg said:

Remember young Bibby in sac town was kind of awesome .. Old Bibby with the hawks post hand injury was ok...i think u will agree picking Prime Bibby is not a bad haul for the draft.

i would not mind trae and JJJ ...but JJJ , Bagely or Bamba alone is kind of comce comsa draft. 

Eh, not really.  He was the third best player on that Kings team.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Eh, not really.  He was the third best player on that Kings team.

Just to be clear.  Mike Bibby's freshman year of college.

34 mpg, 13.5 ppg, 5.2 apg

Sophomore year

32 mpg, 17,2 ppg, 5.7 apg....pac 12 POY

Trae Young freshman year.

35 mpg, 27.4 ppg, 8.7 apg

Similar styled players in college but not in production.  and just fyi Bibby's first year in the league he started 50 games scoring 13.2 points and getting 6.5 assists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Sophomore year

Similar styled players in college but not in production.  and just fyi Bibby's first year in the league he started 50 games scoring 13.2 points and getting 6.5 assists.

Mike Bibby also played with Miles Simon and Jason Terry, both of whom are much better players than Trae had around him at Oklahoma.  He didn't need to have the usage of Young.  It was a different game back then too.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Sophomore year

Also note that those are volume dependent stats you are quoting.  Trae took more shots, so naturally he will score more points.  Mike was actually a more efficient shooter with a 55% eFG compared to Trae's 52% eFG.  

2 hours ago, asdogg said:

Brother, i respect alot of your prognostication on the tank.. i like you dont want to see multiple years down the drain..but if u pick JJJ then that what u will get. A defensive guy and a glue guy but not one that can take u to the promise land...Trae is that piece u build around. Even if his shot doesn’t fall. He has that court vision and saavy to impact those around him with assists. No team in the modern nba is winning with defense alone.  Drafting a big will do that.. Ideally draft Trae and Bamba. Offense and rim protection . 

Jesus Chrysler, did I wrote this? My exact thoughts, every word. Très and Para Bailar LaBamba all the way, those 2 would be cornerstones of the franchise for hopefully a decade and put butts in the S.W.A.G. Shop, errrrrrr, seats.

Just now, hazer said:

Jesus Chrysler, did I wrote this? My exact thoughts, every word. Très and Para Bailar LaBamba all the way, those 2 would be cornerstones of the franchise for hopefully a decade and put butts in the S.W.A.G. Shop, errrrrrr, seats.

“write”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asdogg said:

I agree 

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

Sophomore year

Mike Bibby did not have the range that Young appears to have...he did not have the quickness and assertiveness, nor vision or playmaking ability of Young.. bad comparison to me.

I'm hoping for a new backcourt of Doncic and Young. I think their game and abilities compliment each other.

Haul in Nerlens Noel with JC and Prince and you have a good core to build upon.

As a casual fan, I have a lot holes in my knowledge, so I am asking this question:

Where does Trae Young rank, compared to the PG's of the past ten drafts?  

If he ranks in the top three, then, in my eyes, he is worth the 3rd pick.   

10 minutes ago, ggp said:

As a casual fan, I have a lot holes in my knowledge, so I am asking this question:

Lonzo Ball might be the only one I would take over him, and that is due to his defense.  Young has more upside due to his skill level than Fox and Smith.  I don’t consider Fultz to be a point guard and was never really high on him.  

• Like 1

It depends on what you think about his defense and how his offense will translate. He produced more offense than any other PG for sure. But he also did so playing with an unsustainable usage rate. His passing is up there with anyone, he's got real skill out of the pick and roll. I just don't think he maxes out what people see his ceiling being. He hasn't shown the ability to play off the ball, he can't defend and likely will be a net negative if he isn't putting up monster numbers.

I think he's Isaiah Thomas pretty much. When he's working, he's the best offensive player on the court. Anything less than say 25 pts 8 assists and you blow the pick at #3. There are too many good PGs in the league to take one that high, in my opinion.

• Like 3