• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crazy draft night with koonins insanely aggressive statements in mind

bigjmw84

On the day of the draft Denver trades Faried/#14 to ATL for #30/2nd round pick in 2019

Trade T.Prince/#34/ 2019 top5 protected 1st round pick to Memphis for #4 and C. Parsons

Trade D.Schröder/D.Bembry and #14 to CHI for #7 and Omer Asik

3rd:Luka Doncic SG

4th:Trae Young PG

7th:Wendell Carter C

19th:Kevin Huerter SF

PG:Young/I.Taylor

SG:Doncic/Dorsey/Huerter

SF:Baze/Parsons/Huerter

PF:Collins/Faried/Plumlee

C:Carter/Faried/Asik

Young and Doncic would definitely feed off of each other whether on or off the ball.Both are good facilitators while being able to create their own shot.

Carter remains one of the most underrated players in the draft. Has a complete game that would mesh with our new back court. He can rebound/rim protect/stretch floor.

Huerter is a deadly shooter with good potential on the defensive side of ball. He would definitely benefit with great looks being 4th or 5th option in the early stages

Collins will reap huge benefits from this new setup with all the looks off of p&r as well as transition ball.

All of a sudden we would have a squad that can go high tempo and attack or play inside-out with very good shooters. 

Once the bad contracts come off the books we can really go for assembling one of the better 2nd units in the league.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

1. We don't have capspace 

2. I'm not interested in putting all my eggs in this one 2018 basket no matter what anybody says about this draft class.

Come 11:00pm draft night, I'll hear a lot of the Squawk crying about 'why didn't we do this or that to move up'. Latching unto every rumor as fact will just leave you let down and exhausted. 

My approach - we are picking at #3, #19, #30 and #34. With the possibility of getting #14 from Denver to combine with #19 to move up. That's it.

Not the pie in the sky wishes and unicorns.

Is there a button to use all your likes on a single post?  haha.  

• Premium Member

I think there are two realistic trades we could make. Denver needs to dump Faried badly and they don't really need the #14 pick. We take both of them from them. Memphis is acting like they don't really want the #4 pick and want to dump Parsons. I don't know where our cap space is at but I have to think we could make at least one of those trades work.

21 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think there are two realistic trades we could make. Denver needs to dump Faried badly and they don't really need the #14 pick. We take both of them from them. Memphis is acting like they don't really want the #4 pick and want to dump Parsons. I don't know where our cap space is at but I have to think we could make at least one of those trades work.

I'm no cap expert, but both deals I think would have to be 'official' post-draft.  You could technically do both deals IF Dennis was moved and I believe the number was around $10 million or less was taken back.  I did the numbers a few days ago so I can't remember the exact numbers.  

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ask @Spud2nique. He loves dishing 'em out. Lol

Ironically enough knowing I don’t have more likes I hit it anyways and sometimes they throw me a freebie! Like I tried with @hazer lovely Doncici mafioso comment and I couldn’t give the brotha a like u know what I’m saying even though he had to get one on that! Pimp on Hazer I ain’t mad atcha. 

I also liked ur post jay about not expecting pies in the sky or something...kinda made me sad cuz I love mees some peach cobbler (he ain’t lyin) but I understand not getting too high or too low. 

Was also gonna give the OP Jim a like...what’s up son! I see u! I always wait for you to come in with the illest deal of them all. Like back in the day, you woulda figured a deal for us to get Hakeem and Jordan for Doc Rivers and a future consideration! Do yo thang!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ironically enough knowing I don’t have more likes I hit it anyways and sometimes they throw me a freebie! Like I tried with @hazer lovely Doncici mafioso comment and I couldn’t give the brotha a like u know what I’m saying even though he had to get one on that! Pimp on Hazer I ain’t mad atcha. 

I also liked ur post jay about not expecting pies in the sky or something...kinda made me sad cuz I love mees some peach cobbler (he ain’t lyin) but I understand not getting too high or too low. 

Was also gonna give the OP Jim a like...what’s up son! I see u! I always wait for you to come in with the illest deal of them all. Like back in the day, you woulda figured a deal for us to get Hakeem and Jordan for Doc Rivers and a future consideration! Do yo thang!

This draft is SERIOUSLY bringing folk out of the woodwork.

4 hours ago, bigjmw84 said:

On the day of the draft Denver trades Faried/#14 to ATL for #30/2nd round pick in 2019

Trade T.Prince/#34/ 2019 top5 protected 1st round pick to Memphis for #4 and C. Parsons

Trade D.Schröder/D.Bembry and #14 to CHI for #7 and Omer Asik

3rd:Luka Doncic SG

4th:Trae Young PG

7th:Wendell Carter C

19th:Kevin Huerter SF

PG:Young/I.Taylor

SG:Doncic/Dorsey/Huerter

SF:Baze/Parsons/Huerter

PF:Collins/Faried/Plumlee

C:Carter/Faried/Asik

Young and Doncic would definitely feed off of each other whether on or off the ball.Both are good facilitators while being able to create their own shot.

Carter remains one of the most underrated players in the draft. Has a complete game that would mesh with our new back court. He can rebound/rim protect/stretch floor.

Huerter is a deadly shooter with good potential on the defensive side of ball. He would definitely benefit with great looks being 4th or 5th option in the early stages

Collins will reap huge benefits from this new setup with all the looks off of p&r as well as transition ball.

All of a sudden we would have a squad that can go high tempo and attack or play inside-out with very good shooters. 

Once the bad contracts come off the books we can really go for assembling one of the better 2nd units in the league.

You were dismissed out of hand by a number of posters and since you obviously put thought into this, I wanted to address these trades 1 by 1 so you can see where you went wrong.

1. Denver trades Faried/#14 to ATL for #30/2nd round pick in 2019

On the surface...this trade is fine and fair.  Currently, the Hawks sit at $19.5 million under the cap until the Dedmon and Moose situations are figured out. Cap impact +13.8 million. Cap left $5.7 million. (we are ignoring the difference in pick slotting as its minimal salary).

2. Trade T.Prince/#34/ 2019 top5 protected 1st round pick to Memphis for #4 and C. Parsons

I threw up a little in my mouth when I read this.  The last 22 games of the season Taurean played at an allstar level and entire league noticed (see other thread). Please stop including T. Prince in trades unless it is for taking back a real solid player.  In this trade you have us getting 4 (which is good), but then taking back $49 million in bad salary over 2 years (which is very bad), $24 million year one while also taking back $5 million in salary for the pick, while also only sending out 2.5 million in guaranteed salary. Seeing as we only have $5.7 million available, this move puts up $23 million over the cap and violates the CBA (in ways which usually require a call to child protective services).  But wait, there's more.  You are also giving them another 1st round pick that is only top 5 protected.  At the very least it would have to be top 14 protected and even then it is way, way too much to take back $24 million in bad salary. Memphis is desperate to unload Parsons, this is way way too much and violates the CBA.

3. Trade D.Schröder/D.Bembry and #14 to CHI for #7 and Omer Asik

Okay so the good news here.  Without trade 2, this is actually a good trade from a CBA perspective.  However, WTF are you thinking? Asik is "bad salary". Dennis is average salary (he is paid what he is worth). Bembry is a slight commodity (if healthy). This trade actually clears about $4 million in cap space and should be listed 2nd. But the net result of all 3 trades as you listed them puts us $19 million over the CBA.

How would I fix this?  Trade 3 doesn't require Bembry and would still be a bit of a steal for Chicago. Chicago would need to send back future considerations.  So remove Bembry and add a late consideration from Chicago.

Trade 2....You are going to have to substitute Plumlee for Prince. In that case, the future 1st we send them should have no protections. So these trades would look like this. (all numbers rounded).

1. On the day of the draft Denver trades Faried/#14 to ATL for #30 and Tyler Dorsey. (Cap impact +$14 mil)

2. Trade Schröder and #14 to CHI for #7, Omer Asik, 2019 2nd round pick. (Cap impact -$2 mil)

3. Trade Baze/#19/ 2019 1st round pick to Memphis for #4 and C. Parsons. (Cap Impact +$6 mil)

Under the above scenario, the 3rd trade works because even though it still pushes us just above the cap with the increased salary from the higher picks, the difference in salaries on trade 3 is < 125% +100,000.

Your trade ideas were okay in principle, but would not work under the CBA.  What I just listed would work (just barely).